Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you like parties?

VeroxVitrus

Parties sound a lot like those obnoxiously loud crowded places where people are drunk and gross. If that's the case, then I don't like parties. I do however like smaller parties, like friends' birthdays or New Year's celebrations with friends (they remain small since not all of us are often in the same place). Every party is better without alcohol.

Well I really enjoy them when It's my party and I know all the guests because all of them are my already known friends. I did have a birthday party at a trampoline park for my 16th birthday earlier this month but yesterday I went to a family friend's 21st birthday party and I was hidden away the whole time as most of the guests were in their early 20s and they were going absolutely crazy. Plus most of the guests were people that I had never seen before so I had no idea who they were and what they would think of me. :) 

Depends on the party-

• If it's a small gathering that's not excessively annoying and disturbing, fine.
  • If it's not that, especially if it involves people doing things that they will regret for the rest of their lives, NOPE.

I prefer private parties with people I know. Not much for bars, clubbing, etc. Just feels sketchy to me? I don't know how else to describe it. Whereas a house party feels personal and like spending time and having a good one with people you know and care about! :catface:

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the party for me. Is it with friends and family? Is there music or food? I hate "teen" parties that are filled with drugs and alcohol.  Other kinds of parties are great for me! 

For me it's all about who/what/where you party (with)...

If it's with people I'm really close to, just sharing a few beers maybe with some quality hard liquor, at the beach or in his backyard with a bonfire, and just talking about life. That is my favorite kind of party.

I don't care for going out and getting wasted like most I know.

Edited by Sir Warith

I've never been to one ;_;

But i like parties i guess, when i can be the one chilling on the side...

huh...

nah parties are pretty sick

I think i could throw one

Maybe.

But i never am on them.

Cause i'm boring.

sad :''(

I like it when I'm with people I know a d like. The loud music I only like and the alcoholism don't bother me, but I hate it when people try to give me alcohol, even if they know I don't like it at all.

1 minute ago, Hierok said:

I like it when I'm with people I know a[n]d like. The loud music I only like and the alcoholism don't bother me, but I hate it when people try to give me alcohol, even if they know I don't like it at all.

Yeah, the people i know aspect definitely is important aswell. Which is why i have a hard time at conventions cause i don't know anyone.

Also, loud music is always good :catface:, except when the quality is not good enough then it's just annoying when you can't even speak with someone. :okiedokieloki:

And alcohol...

well, i am extremely resistant so... :orly:

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, FizzyGreen said:

Yeah, the people i know aspect definitely is important aswell. Which is why i have a hard time at conventions cause i don't know anyone.

Also, loud music is always good :catface:, except when the quality is not good enough then it's just annoying when you can't even speak with someone. :okiedokieloki:

And alcohol...

well, i am extremely resistant so... :orly:

I'm never gonna stand by a stereo, because it is just to loud that someone has to yell in your ear to hear it.

Just now, Hierok said:

I'm never gonna stand by a stereo, because it is just to loud that someone has to yell in your ear to hear it.

Stand BY a stereo? :lol:

I think to me that would just feel like instant suicide. To my ears.

Good thing you're never gonna do it cause like

When the stereo is loud

You'll be dead.

(interally)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, FizzyGreen said:

Stand BY a stereo? :lol:

I think to me that would just feel like instant suicide. To my ears.

Good thing you're never gonna do it cause like

When the stereo is loud

You'll be dead.

(interally)

That's the problem. :P

Just now, FizzyGreen said:

I can imagine people sneaking up on you with 1000 watt speakers completely wrecking your ear drums now :P

It is good you write this to me, because I never could hear it anymore. :D

1 hour ago, Prospekt said:

Nope. I rarely go to them. As a very introverted person, I've never enjoyed a party. Even though much of the college social scene seems to be centered around parties.

I respect that but you're right. :huh:

As college isn't something TOO... how should i say... "cheerful", the people need something to cheer for and have extreme fun so the whole studying seems worth it. I mean, if you're not rewarded for the week then you feel like your life is hard and busy. (That's the case with me)

Even though college DOES reward you later, you don't get the same gratification that you'd otherwise feel and that'd maybe keep you happy or positive (all just possibilities, not saying it's that way with everyone)

But if you don't like it and don't feel the need to do such a thing like party then that's absolutely okay in my opinion :)

• Brohoof 1