Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you like parties?

VeroxVitrus

(edited)

Depends on the kind of party. A big soirée, I'm not to particularly keen on. Granted my husband throws the best parties. But he does it mostly for the community we are in. We do conference gatherings of those in our profession, and sometimes we do wine tasting parties. Little cocktail parties, but the guest list is manageable. Now if you're talking anywhere with extremely loud music, with lots of people, huge crows, bumping into each other. No, please, no, that's such a hassle and a headache.

I prefer quiet get-togethers with classical piano or soft jazz playing in the background while people actually enjoy their food and drink with good conversation. Our wedding of course was going to be a different story in the terms of guest list! We ballroom danced. None of that jerking, hip-hopping, bumping, grinding "twerking" nonsense. We actually would have kicked someone out for that disrespectful vulgarity.

Edited by Momento Mori

Well i don't like parties either. I was in Belgium with my orchestra the previous year because of a week long worldwide musical contest. On one of the days this contest wad held, the organizers made a disco. (Techically it is like a party, so it is relevant to the topic XF) While most people from my orchestra really enjoyed it, i was in a depressed-like state. All i wanted is go back to the camp we were staying during the contest. I apprecitate that my best friend stayed with me the whole time :)

Soo... Yeah, i hate parties (and discos XF)

On 6/11/2016 at 7:06 PM, Kyoshi said:

Might be a tad cliche but I am autistic and I have hardcore anxiety problems, so parties aren't exactly comfortable for me. Never been into going to places with lots of people and parties are just that most of the time. Not only that, but parties could also mean drinking and I have no interest in that either. The one thing that could be more awkward than me being in a big group of people is me being in a big group of drunk people.

It may be cliche but I’m the same way. The last time I went to any kind of dance or party I had to leave cause I was gonna have a nervous breakdown. So a big fat no thanks for parties. I’ll pass

With my crippling social anxiety and extreme introverted tendencies, I honestly can say I avoid parties. People tend to know this and not invite me. I am okay with both party rooms at conventions and hosting my own events/parties, however. Just... not parties at someone else's house or non-convention social places. Even then I'd prefer to be alone reading somewhere. The stress is just too much

I guess I could say I do,but I don't even get invited to any besides a relitaves party,which I don't even go to either.I also hate being around so many people since I get anxious and am Claustrophobic.

no i dontand i dont really understand the context of parties altogether i mean why would people spend money to travel somewhere then stand  with couple guys for some hours and then go back home and really nothing was achieved during that time

• 1 year later...

if you mean the ones you form to go into a DnD adventure, then yes
the other kind are too loud and too crouded for my taste, plus i don't drink alcohol and being among drunk people when sober is so boring and weird

• 3 years later...

Eh. I go to maybe two or three parties a year. I don't mind them, but that's mostly because I know usually know everyone there and even if they act like idiots, I don't feel too uncomfortable. I don't really drink though. I'm usually the designated driver, which I have no problems with. :rarity: