Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats the best free paint program?

twiia

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have much money, and MS Paint absolutely sucks. I can't seem to download any better paint program either. What does everypony else use for their digital art?

The only correct answers are Ponyscape and Paint.net. I got both today and mastered them. They're god-tier.

• Brohoof 1

The only correct answers are Ponyscape and Paint.net. I got both today and mastered them. They're god-tier.

Ponyscape- I don't do vectors

Paint.net, I used to use but don't quite get.

rn I'm using krita and trying to find another sai crack file that hopefully doesn't have any viruses

I don't have much money, and MS Paint absolutely sucks. I can't seem to download any better paint program either. What does everypony else use for their digital art?

Krita. Hooves down or a close second is Medibang paint.

I use both and they are what I usually recommend to people who want free alternatives.

Paintstormstudio is a paid program but it is only 20$ and is better than photoshop in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

Krita. Hooves down or a close second is Medibang paint.

I use both and they are what I usually recommend to people who want free alternatives.

Paintstormstudio is a paid program but it is only 20$ and is better than photoshop in my opinion.

I use Krita right now, but its been glitching and I can't save transparent stuff anymore. I think I might try Medibang tho

• Brohoof 1

I use Krita right now, but its been glitching and I can't save transparent stuff anymore. I think I might try Medibang tho

I definitely recommend it.

It's lightweight and has alot of the features manga studio has and is stark free.

Let me know if you need any help with the program or some advice.

I don't mind helping.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I always thought MS paint wasn't very good, but I have to say, for some things, it is better. I was watching aurelleah try to manipulate text using layers yesterday on his art stream... i was like... come on, i could do that in 2 seconds. MS paint is really the only thing I ever used proficiently though. I REALLY like how paintool sai looks though, im gonna use that.

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree with @2DPone-3. MediBang is a pretty neat art program! It has an auto save feature as well, which is pretty useful. It also has a variety of comic book-esque backgrounds (and text boxes if I'm not mistaken). While I didn't use it for the full drawing, I did use it a few times for final touches!

FireAlpaca is also handy. It's lightweight and gives you the functions you need to do a digital drawing or painting. I've used it to create quite a few of my drawings. :)

• Brohoof 1

I've always used MSPaint for all my art; the way I see it, it's knowing the best way to use it, rather than needing more complex art programmes. Plus, it's free. :P

Check out these speedpaints done on MSPaint:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions.

After drawing more than half a year in Krita and MS Paint.... I'm gonna go try the Paint Tool SAI free trial. If I like it, then I will pay for it. Its not the first time I've paid for digital art related stuff