food Canned Food vs. Boxed Food

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Battle of the packaged foods!  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Canned vs. Boxed

• Canned
    • Boxed
    • Give me both!

This is a simple topic I think. Two of the most common types of meals are canned foods and boxed foods. Boxed foods normally take more time to prepare but can often be seen as higher quality, whereas canned foods are much quicker to prepare usually, but might be seen to have less quality but these are also usually easier to prepare. So the question is, which do you prefer? Do you prefer boxed foods or canned foods? Or perhaps you prefer a mix of both?

Me, I prefer mainly canned foods, mostly because I cannot cook worth anything. XD Canned foods are my savior in that regard. :P

• Brohoof 2

Canned food could save your life in many situations. There'll be a shift in quality if you leave a boxed food out for a year and a canned food out for a year. It's also harder to hurt a can than a box. I don't think anyone's stepped on a can and crushed the stuff inside.

I tend to only get canned vegetables, beans and broth.

boxed? Cereals and grain based. Pastas and the like.

I also get frozen vegetables when the price is right.

I also almost always cook from fresh ingredients though, but quick nuked canned greenbeans or a quick rice and beans is a great way to go.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer boxed food. Sure, it might take longer than canned food but to me canned food tastes a bit too metalic and yeah..I like boxed food because it lets me experiment in the kitchen more..I like to substitute ingredients because I either don't have them or I don't want to add that much sugar..it makes the recipe more interesting.

I'm quite the talent in the kitchen, actually.. Not to sound too cocky. HEHE!

I wish I could be like you, being able to make something sophisticated whenever I'm hungry rather than just a cup of ramen.

I personally prefer boxed.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer fresh homemade food. Nothing taste quite as good as that.

Yes. I mean, instant and canned foods are good in a pinch or if you are on a budget ... but nothing beats fresh produce and meat. 

I wish I could be like you, being able to make something sophisticated whenever I'm hungry rather than just a cup of ramen.

Cooking is a lot easier to get good at than many other arts. The biggest thing that people need to get down is timing. Now ... baking can be trickier ... that is hard. (0.0)

• Brohoof 4

I personally prefer boxed.

You know, there are plenty of foods to cook up that are just as simple as pouring up a cup of ramen! Depending on what you like to eat, of course. <3 It might take a liiittle more effort but it might be worth it in the long run, since ramen isn't very full of vitamins and fibers or anything. If you need any advice, I'd love to help out. 

Canned foods, since they are good just in case you are low on money and want something that is ready to eat. What I've also noticed is that the food inside the can is somewhat perserved over a period of time, which is a bonus.

As for boxed foods I enjoy them nonetheless, though if I do have the time to prepare some food for myself.

(edited)

I prefer boxed food, canned food is bad for you if its consumed too often because of the high levels of bisphenol A.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

If it comes to convenience, I'll go canned food. If I can plop it on a plate or in a bowl and nuke it the microwave, that's good for me! If I have the time and inclination, I'll go the boxed route. Ultimately I like fresh stuff that I can combine with the other categories. That gives me both ease and presentation, and covers the most options.

One thing I must have though is the proper garnish. I'm not a gourmet exactly, but I do like it to look pretty.  :proud:

• Brohoof 2

Canned foods. I'll eat boxed foods...however the can <-lmao, btw> is something I'd much rather have; various, various reasons. You can do your comparisons - cans are the way to go - much more serviceable. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Boxed foods? Don't boxed foods usually only have foods that are imperishable food like dry rice or something? Unless we're also talking about MRE or frozen boxed foods. 

Far as I'm concerned canned goods have always given me a burst of energy. I don't even need to heat them up and eat them right out of the can and I got so much energy just eating canned foods.

Edited by cider float

I don't really care what it comes in so long as it's something I can just pop in the oven/microwave.. Although, now that I think about, boxed kinda have an edge since usually you just need to pop the lid and throw it in the microwave, whereas canned you need to get a can=-open (unless it has one of those easy tabs) and pour into something before you can cook it.  

• 2 weeks later...