Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Everybody say bronies are gay what do you think?

DerpBrony

As if there's something wrong with being gay to begin with.

Β 

The insult itself summarizes the ignorance and fear of those so staunchly opposed to the show for the wrong reasons.

Β 

They hate homosexuals and those that act differently from their "gender and social norms" because they are different, foreign and thus scary and threatening to their limited worldview. Thus they view bronies as being similar as homosexuality, which is supposedly a "perversion." Its not natural for guys to like a show "meant for little girls" and if you do, you're somehow an effeminate lesser gay, which ironically itself is a shallow caricature of gay men.

Β 

Basically those who call bronies and their ilk gay do so, because we are different and threaten their own views.

Dawnchaser's statement is quite true...Sorry to keep bringing up cracked.com(although I swear, if high school were like it, I would have went every single day), it was mentioned how an NFL player was ousted after coming out.Β  In a sport that has guys wearing tights, and has guys slapping each other on the behind... yeah, totally straight :)

• Brohoof 1

They are not only judgemental but ignorant for thinking a show determines a person's sexuality.

I think hardly anyone except the most bigoted and ignorant of people call bronies gay now. It's been almost 6 years now. Lots of things have changed. MLP is already here to stay, so most people don't even bother to complain about it.

Dawnchaser's statement is quite true...Sorry to keep bringing up cracked.com(although I swear, if high school were like it, I would have went every single day), it was mentioned how an NFL player was ousted after coming out.Β  In a sport that has guys wearing tights, and has guys slapping each other on the behind... yeah, totally straight :)

Β 

Rugby? every so often sixteen burly men get together for a big hug and grunt and strain against each other and once again we all chase each other around the field for a hug tackle (no kissing after scoring tries in my experience (wasn't pretty enough :( ))

Β 

American Football? Yup, similar. I played for three years at University and had my bum fondled by a variety of men of different nationalities, ahem, I think i meant to say I played "Center" ...and I don't remember any fondling, once again not pretty enough *cries* and all those layers of shorts etc and padding :)

• Brohoof 1

Lol, right dawnchaser :) And indeed, what is normal?Β  Normal is keeping up with the Joneses.Β  The Joneses are keeping up with the Smiths.Β  The Smiths are keeping up with the *sons.Β  And the *sons get what's 'normal' from the media/advertisements/etc.Β  Really, w ho even wants to be 'normal'? By that time you've surrendered your individuality to what is 'en vogue'.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's ridiculous. I've seen a guy who was completely supportive of LGBT turn on himself and use transgender/homosexuality-based insults just to insult bronies because he hated them so much. Spoutin' stuff like every male who likes MLP desires to be a female and whatnot.

Β 

Β 

But he's "progressive". I guess only when society tells him.

"Everybody" thinks that Bronies are gay.

Β 

The Bronies are a subset of "everybody" and I doubt any of the Bronies/mlp fans would say that "all Bronies are gay"

Β 

So, the arguement is invalid on the grounds of logic alone.

Β 

Haters gonna hate.

Β 

Rise above them say "So what?" or just ignore them.

Β 

• Brohoof 1

Bronies are no different than everyone else in the world. We can be gay, straight, big, or asexual, and it wouldn't matter any more than people outside the brony fandom. It's just an insult that lost its power due to overuse.

• Brohoof 2

Bronies are no different than everyone else in the world. We can be gay, straight, big, or asexual, and it wouldn't matter any more than people outside the brony fandom. It's just an insult that lost its power due to overuse.

I'm big :)

Β 

Or did autocorrect add the 'g'?

In which case I'm still "big" ;)

Β 

Β 

7lnrs.jpg

Ponies is the only reason i started becoming more into the gay lifestyle, even furfandom was too weird for me. But ponies are kind and good so its easy to be persuaded when the world is filled with good wonders ^^. Either way i don't see why that is a bad thing. But you could always explain misconceptions in general :grin:

It's just a stupid insult. As a female asexual myself and not being offended by literally anything, it doesn't bother me as much as it makes me roll my eyes in annoyance every time I see or hear it. Stereotyping to put it simple.

How do they know you're bisexual on a FPS game? They say gay all the time in FPS games, it's like a tradition there.

That's what I mean, they're always spewing the word gay, most of the time without even realising what they're saying. It really doesn't bother me though.

Β 

I was just mentioning I was Bi as a response to the original question.Β 

That's what I mean, they're always spewing the word gay, most of the time without even realising what they're saying. It really doesn't bother me though.

Β 

I was just mentioning I was Bi as a response to the original question.Β 

I have to admit the word "gay" is fun to use just because it sounds funny but I would say half of the time people don't use the word out of homophobia.Β 

Gender Roles are dumb because it doesnt let people experimint with new things that they would not normally Boys liking Girl show is considered Taboo because of gender roles

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's okay to be gay! But for some reason people find it offensive... if it isn't true, there's no reason to be insulted.

Β 

I'm not, my friend is undefined at the moment, and most bronies I've talked to aren't. It is just a lame insult (read above before getting insulted) without any background info. Just like when they assume every brony is a clopper, because why else would grown ups like colourful animation, right? Wrong.

Β 

In short, it's a misconception or false stereotype.

Edited by Overlord0909

I watch MLP and I am gay, but the most bronies I know are straight or bisexual. But other gays are really rarely. I met a few persons who are gay/lesbian, but the most are not. Sexuality has nothing to do with a show or other things. I also don't get it why, because it's a show about colorful female ponies? What makes that gay? All the gay people I know are not the sort of men who loves pink, glitter or other feminine stuff. I like metal, the color black and Horror movies and I love men. And that has nothing to do with what I watch or not.Β 

Β 

But for the clichee, I can definitelly say that the most people who loves MLP are not gay.Β