Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like having long hair?

Fluttere

I either grow it really long or have it really short. Only recently have I started doing something in the middle, at the behest of my hairdresser, who was just sick of the buzz she kept giving me.

Also, whenever I get long hair, it's in the summer, while I have short hair in the winter, so I kind of screw myself over with that.

I had long hair until I was about 12.  Just because I was a boy, I got bullied about it relentlessly.  I cut it short just to make my life through jr. high and high school livable.  I got used to it.  I'm now 30, and about a year ago I started growing it out again because I decided it suits my personality and fashion style more now.  It's getting there, but it still has a ways to go before it reaches the length I want.  I'm getting used to having it long again.  It's more work, but for me I think it will be worth it for the look I want.  The only functional plus is that I don't have to sunscreen the back of my neck when I go for walks.

• Brohoof 1

I thoroughly enjoy having long hair, it's kind of a signature trait for me. Having long hair is slightly inconvenient in the wind or if it's really hot, but that's only a minor sacrifice considering I've used it to shape my personality and style as an expression of femininity and non-conformity (in my family I've got some of the longest, most enviable hair).

I alternate depending on the season. In summer I go short and in winter I go long. Though I suit shorter hair a lot more as my hair is a literal afro that you can't do anything with unless you straighten it, which I hate doing because I'm afraid of damaging my hair.

I'm a female with long hair, and it's a curse as much as it's a blessing. I'm prone to tangles and knots which can be especially painful with long hair, but I look really good with it and I have an attachment to it - I just can't cut it off. I once cut my hair short in about second grade and I looked awful. Never doing it again. So yeah, I like it, even though it can sometimes make my days difficult!

My hair isn't super long, but it does go past my shoulders a bit. I like having longer hair because I think i'm just one of those people who might not look good with shorter hair. I think I am just so used to seeing myself with long hair that I could never bring myself to cut it short. I think I am just...so used to seeing myself with long hair that I could never bring myself to cut it short. 

• Brohoof 1

I love having long hair. It's so elegant and pretty and you can do all different kinds of things with it. And if you don't want long hair for a day you can tie it up into a bun or braid it so it won't be in the way.

And besides, I don't think short hair would really suit me so I will not cut it :D

I prefer having shortish hair. There comes a time where maintenance becomes required, which is when I feel it's gotten too long. I like having something that I can largely leave alone.

Long hair is awesome but it mostly depends on the hair. Long hair is not for lazy people mine takes a lot of care. I was born curly, I have this afro with me wherever I go!

I have long hair right now, and haven't cut it since early 2015. I like having my hair long, as it kinda suits me and somewhat shows who I am, and it tells me apart from my friends and family since they have short hair. It does get kind of annoying at times with hair getting in my face all of the time, but I don't really care much about that.

I have long hair, and I love it. Been growing it since about early 2014. And I ain't getting it cut anytime soon, much to the dismay of some of my friends :P

• Brohoof 1

Dear God yes. I love having long hair. My face isn't the right shape for short hair, but long hair fits it pretty well. Plus, I've had long hair almost my entire life, so I'm used to it.

I've always had short hair, so I can't say if I'd like long hair. I imagine it would be uncomfortable and require too much maintenance. My sisters have long hair, and they often complain about it.

More and more of my hair is falling out though, so I'll probably have to shave my head eventually. Then I'll end up looking like an emaciated version of Mr. Clean.

I have longish hair and can't imagine it any other way. It's so much fun to have lots of hair to mess with and style in different ways. Yes, it is work to maintain it and it takes longer to wash it, but there's so much creative freedom in what can be done with it artistically that I definitely think it's worth the extra work.  :D

• Brohoof 1