Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like to be called Miss or Mister by someone?

Fluttere

(edited)

If i for example said

"Then tell me Miss Kelly?" or "Please Mister Thomas, don't hurt yourself"

Really formal. The Japanese have that always when you address people as "san" in Japan. But here we tend to be informal, i guess it would be very tedious. But i've wondered how it would work if we decided to implement it as daily speech in society. I'd feel less liberated for some reason but i guess at the same time felt the rise of maids and gentlemen rise up if it came to be for some reason. Either that or i'd seen too many fictional series on sirs, miss, mister, ma'am on that stuff!

Or the fact of the massive bows and curtsies

Edited by Fluttere

It started happening when I first started doing my own paperwork - getting my driving license, going to see the GP by myself and so fourth. Most government services will address you by the appropriate title, but it was doing job applications that made it seem mundane. Now I'm just used to being addressed as Mr [...] whenever I speak to someone I am unfamiliar with. Putting BSc after my name definitely wins bonus points though, as not many have done that. 

I'm a teacher, so they better. :P

Seriously, if it is someone you hold an account with or do regular businesses, then absolutely. I think that that's a nice way to show respect.

In regular conversation, nah, that'd be too stuffy, even for me. 

I do not care for such formalities. Especially since I've seen how transgender people are treated. These terms are used like weapons, under the guise of "politeness". >.> Why do we need to gender such things, anyway?

I tend to only get referred to by such at work, though. When I'm not at work, people tend to think I'm still in high school or something (with those bags under my eyes? Yeah, right.). Lol.

• Brohoof 1

I sure don't feel like a "Mister", but I don't really care what anyone calls me. I always call people my age or older "Sir," "Miss," "Ma'am," "Mr. Blank," or "Mrs. Blank."

If they feel like addressing me the same way, cool, I suppose.

I'm not a fan of mister, but I do like sir a lot. I wouldn't mind if people started using honorific titles in every day conversations, I kind of already do a fair bit whenever I reference someone I'm barely acquainted with.

It'd be nice to have titles used regularly, they show respect and encourage politeness, but I couldn't imagine them ever coming back into everyday speech. They're used in my school when not only students address teachers but vice versa too, so my teachers call me Miss [Last Name], and call boys Mister [Last Name], which I like. 

I can't decipher most of the OP but I can guess as to what they're asking early on? The use of formal speech to indicate a person's sex is very common in the US so I don't know why they seem to claim the opposite. Employees of all stripes use it towards their superiors and customers. Schools, government, and general use see them applied.

A few times at my last job, I've been called ma'am/miss/etc., then when I turned to help them, they would apologize, but I've never minded or took offense.  Actually, sometimes it's been flattering :)  As I tend to have streaks of femininity at times, in ignorance, would that make me gender fluid?  Strongly Gemini (chart actually says I'm Gemini ascendent Gemini), I feel vibration is key, through to and including the Infinite/All-That-Is.

I prefer "Master". ;)

Seriously though, I've been called Mister for almost thirty years now. It's just one of those things.