Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Where do you want a game to take place?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Games have taken place in so many different locales over the years. Whether it be real life places or completely made up. While I do love me a good fantasy world, I also really love seeing real world places recreated in a game for us to explore in one way or another, especially if it is near me at all.

So I am curious. If you could choose a location for a game, what would it be? Also what kind of game would it be for? It could be anything. :)

I would love to see an open world game take place somewhere in Indiana. Considering that is where I live I am biased but it would so cool to see and explore. Seeing a place in Illinois in Watch Dogs, that being Chicago, it was really neat. I am weird like that. :P So somewhere in Indiana, perhaps Evansville, Fort Wayne or Indianapolis.  Evansville would be least likely but I have been there like hundreds of times so it would be awesome. XD

I'd like a game set in Spain and Portugal during the Peninsular war. A sort of red-dead-redemption-esque open world RPG. My dream game, that.

A Fallout game set in Europe would be nice, too. In Moscow, or Berlin, Or perhaps Paris. I reckon it'd bring something new to the series.

(edited)

If I could make the next cool open world car game, it would be set in Italy. It has a bunch of beautiful locations, racetracks that could be worked in somehow and just over all looks great. Especially if it was rendered the unreal engine.

Edited by [data expunged]

(edited)

Anywhere other than New York City. How about Albany, Buffalo, Long Island, or somewhere upstate New York. Most portrayals of the city look inaccurate, except The Division surprisingly.

Am I tired of games being placed in NYC? No because it's where I live.

Edited by JRex95

I'd like a Fallout game based somewhere in Washington or Oregon.  Or maybe Canada, I don't really have a reason, I just think it would be cool.

(edited)

I don't tend to play games that are set in real life locations, because they're pretty much always of the gritty violent type. Take Assassin's Creed for example. I love a lot of the settings they use in that series, but I wouldn't be able to actually play the games.

Europe pre-19th century is one of my favorite settings in general.

I suppose, I could post what I like in The Sims. European style worlds, of course. Although my favorite world in The Sims 3 is a Greenland inspired world that a fan made. It lets me imagine I live somewhere with a less crappy climate. Especially when I set the mod correctly to where the climate is actually like it would be in Greenland!

In Pokemon, I definitely like the more Western settings like Kalos and Unova. Not big on Sun/Moon's setting, but that's because I just really don't care for tropical themes at all. They're so overdone. Gosh, if they were going to go with somewhere warmer, try basing a region off of Greece!

Edited by Envy

Perhaps some games set in England, but y'know...NOT set in London?  :twi:

England has some beautiful locations. A place like the Peak District or the midlands. Hell, even just another city to keep things interesting.  :please:

Creepypasta world!!! Dx Imagine is like this real world right :love: but is plague with creepypastas everywhere :please: there will be good creepypastas that protect you from the bad ones,while the bad ones wanna kill you :D

A game that takes place in the Russian Empire or predecessor. Most games involving Russia seem to have Russia as the USSR; so it would be quite refreshing to have a game involving Russia of pre-1917 which is currently what I'm most interested in. WW1 (which I'm quite disappointed that Russian Empire isn't confirmed for BF1), Mongol subjugation of Russian Principalities, removing the Tatar yoke, Times of Trouble, etc. There is much much more to Russian history than communism.

(edited)

The Philippines. In one hand, it is a rapidly developing country with huge shopping malls and a rising middle class. In the other hand, many people are living in poverty. There's also Jeepneys! Let's not forget the nice areas outside of the city, such as the beach and the jungle.

An interesting setting for a GTA-style game or a Just Cause 3-style game.

Edited by d^_^b

I'd love to see an open world MLP game set in Equestria or at least Ponyville.

Another idea I've thought about is some fantasy world that focus's on amazon warrior women. People seem to like writing about them in books but I've never seen a video game that focused on them.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...