Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help! Failure as a DM

twiia

I recently started a roleplay, and it died. Several 'issues' rose up and there may or may not be some fights... And as my first roleplay as DM, I had no idea what to do. I don't know the basics of managing a roleplay.

• Brohoof 1

@Love Doctor Blaze,

It was rather embarrassing situation. I started a roleplay, and one of the people playing a main role quickly became inactive. One week later I recruited somepony else, and thats when the trouble started. I asked a friend to join my roleplay, and taking over one of the main roles, the roleplay got messed up. It was fine at first, but then there was stuff happening that wasn't discussed in the OOC thread, people slightly controlling others' characters without permission, warped character personalities, a few fights between me and 2 other members, and then everyone suddenly quit.

@Love Doctor Blaze,

Maybe next time I start a roleplay, I should put down every Everfree empire rule in the OOC thread... I thought everypony read the rules before seeing my thread. And next time I shouldn't just recruit newbies.

@,

Here is what you should do.

1. Make some rules (No op characters, god modding... etc.)

2. Like you said, look for the right members

3. Also, be consistent as a DM here. Members tend to abandon if you don't check in after four days or so.

4. Make some organization, so that you know what is going with your RP exactly 

5. And finally, you can recruit a co-dm to help you out, just make sure it's someone you trust

@Love Doctor Blaze,

Thats a great idea. I should at least link the everfree empire rules, because some members skip reading them. I should also probably limit members and enforce the rules better. I don't know how the hell I let them get away with rule breaking for a week. I check in every 2-3 days but most of the times nopony's on. The co- DM thing could work.... Although the person I 'trusted' the most was the one who started the rule breaking and fights.

• Brohoof 1

@Love Doctor Blaze,

Thats a great idea. I should at least link the everfree empire rules, because some members skip reading them. I should also probably limit members and enforce the rules better. I don't know how the hell I let them get away with rule breaking for a week. I check in every 2-3 days but most of the times nopony's on. The co- DM thing could work.... Although the person I 'trusted' the most was the one who started the rule breaking and fights.

If you ever need a co-DM I'm available. I'm an avid RPer and am very good at following and enforcing rules in a way that doesn't offend anyone (most of the time).

• Brohoof 1