Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most violent video game you've ever played.

Depends on definition or style of violence. I think Postal 2 would be more intense emotionally than DOOM but DOOM is more detailed in its gore its not going for offensivity or anything so while its technically very violent and gory its tame in the other aspects. Aside from those mentioned I would say Prototype 1 and 2 are worth mentioning. Granted most of it is just basically zombies.

I guess hyrule warriors considering you're plowing through hundreds of enemies per level. With regards to gory violence, probably an obscure flash game. Some of those games were pretty darn bloody despite technical limitations.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, I think God of War is pretty damn violent. The game can get really gorey at times, and some of the kills are rather brutal.

Doom is also another really violent game.

• Brohoof 2

I have played a lot of gory games well some would be considered low gore, but my top 3 would have to be duke nukem on the nintendo 64, mortal kombat on the snes and silent hill 1, 2 ,3 and origins silent hill 4 was not really gory it was more stupid so I kept that one out I know those games are not over the top gore, but it had some gore in them there is others, but don't feel like listing them all.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played that many gory games, but one that I remember is Rise of the Triad.

When people get blown up in the game, blood, guts, and body parts go spraying everywhere, and sometimes a bloody eyeball will slide down the screen.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've ever played a violent video game before. I have, however, watched plenty of people play them IRL. Just watching them makes me physically ill.

• Brohoof 1

Manhunt for Xbox/PS2. Manhunt 2 is banned in some countries and it got an Adult rating. So Take 2 had to blur the kill scenes to get an M rating so that they could put it on the consoles. But you can see the uncensored scenes on youtube.

I have to say that the most violent game I've ever played is probably Manhunt 2 or Splatterhouse.

Yes,to Manhunt 2. But games like Splatterhouse or Doom, you are killing monsters. I think killing a "human" in Grand Theft Auto is more violent even if it is less gory, because of the idea that it is a person and not a monster.

The most violent game I've ever played is rather tame compared to the rest of this thread, considering it would be either of the Darksiders games, which has you tearing demons and angels limb from limb and measures blood spilt in gallons.

• Brohoof 1

This isn't the most violent game I have played, but I want to bring it up anyways because itwas definitely one of the most violent games of the time: Turok 2 Seeds of Evil. Holy crap. That game was brutal for its time. The detail in the death animations. The blood. Blood would splatter on the walls in detailed fashion for the time and it was just a really gory experience for 1998. That was definitely the most violent game I played at the time.

Stubbs the Zombie is another game that was really violent, it was for the original Xbox. That game had blood and gore everywhere which was a huge contrast to the colorful and bright world you were in.

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say both God of War and Gears of War. Some of the finishes in God of War are brutal and the same can be said for the some of the executions in Gears.

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario. Yeah, the way he smashes those poor mushrooms!

Zelda..

WoW..

Yeah. I don't really play violent games. Most I play is like T for teen lol.

Skyrim... Is that really violent? Not really, when you compare it to many others that have been stated.

• Brohoof 1

If we're talking over-the-top levels of gore, then Mortal Kombat 9 or Brutal Doom/Project Brutality (if you're counting mods). If we're talking more reasonable levels of gore, probably Shadow Warrior 2013. Dunno, I just don't find it as satisfying to kill enemies in super-flashy ways anymore, like in Mortal Kombat. :P

• Brohoof 1

Look up Chiller on NES, Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Atari 2600, Night Trap on Sega CD/3DO, and Snatcher on Sega CD. Look up the violent video game congressional hearings in the 1990s, which lead to the ESRB.

Hmmm...

Well, I don't play much video games but I would say God of Wars was a pretty violent game for me. Therearemuch more violent video games actually but since I don't play much...I can't say much.

• Brohoof 1