Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Your Best Memories/Moments?

Astro Mambo

Life is full of great moments and memories. No matter who you are, you've had at least a few moments in life worth remembering for years to come.

Since everyone has had at least a few awesome moments in there lives, why not share them here?

I'll start! :love: haha!

• The night I discovered My Little Pony while stumbling across the Hub channel around 11:00 at night. That show saved my life!
  • The day I received my own Gameboy Pocket. It was the start of a grand adventure and my love for Nintendo.
  • The day I realized how much I love literature. Books, poems, and all sorts of writing became my obsession and escape from my troubles.
  • Music! If it hadn't been for music I'd probably be in some random asylum by now. Thanks for the comfort and support over the past years music! ^_^
  • Manga! The day I discovered manga was one of the best days of my life. I have shelves full of manga that I've read over countless nights.

Well that's just some of my best memories and moments. Please feel free to share whateva you got yo! :orly:

• Brohoof 1

• My holiday in Egypt will always be something to remember.

Climbing England's highest mountain. Like my only physical achievement.

My first online multiplayer games, and all the time I spent playing CoD4 and GTA 4.

Getting my PS2 with hard earned cash was a satisfying sensation.

Having my first kiss. Cheesy, i know.

The day I suddenly understood the basics behind scripting language (boy, was that amazing, all i read was alien hieroglyphics before).

Creating a maze solving robot and seeing it go.

Moving in to my own place (it dawned on me after a while, i did feel homesick for a week or two).

-The moment I reached Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime.

-Every time I get my paycheck.

-That Scooby Doo Marathon we had a tape of,that I cannot remember the name of.

- Becoming a brony

- Picking up PAC-MAN in Smash

- My first win with PAC-MAN in Smash

- Discovering the professional PAC-MAN players

- Getting to level 7 in PAC-MAN

help me pls

Ugh. I can't remember much... but I do know one that stuck with me. The day I found out that earphones existed. I don't know how I was ignorant to their existence but from that day forward, I became that guy who went about their business, always with their earphones in and listening to who-knows-what.

Graduating high school back in 2008 and getting a 2-disc album of The Police as a gift.

And then graduating college back in 2014 (on the President's List, no less) and not having to worry about any more freaking assignment deadlines.

My best memories ever would have to finding a special person close to my hearth. 

Sucesfully losing weight as I was very overweight and I managed to lose it and people don't even bring up my weight anymore as I am slim and this makes me happy.

Leaving school which left me scarred as there were terrible people there, ever since that day I am at least 15% less suicidal.

When my dad shown me video editing and gave me a poor program for me to have fun with, I edit videos all the time and it's great fun.

When dad's friend brought me a CD of Max Payne 1 "you think you know good games and you haven't played Max Payne? You are gonna go for a ride" I played the hell out of it, game had a great impact on me.

Playing Mafia Lost Heaven for the first time and seeing its ending.

Hearing David Bowie's "Space Oddity" and NiN's "Hurt" for the first time, very different songs but they both impacted me very much.

I bet there is more, so expect this post to be edited in the future as I remember other stuff.

Marching band in my senior year of high school.

Getting my bassoon/getting to switch to it right into college

The time spent with my ex/ex-BFF. I'm afraid it's all memories, now, and I'm done with it all, but she was a great friend and a great girlfriend, too. So amazing, it's taken so many years for me to find someone new to like.

Mid to late 2008, when I had a social life. My social life in 2013 was also great, but I don't like that year otherwise.

Any time spent with our dogs, very much including the one who passed away a year ago.

Everything that has transpired over the last 8-10 months or so, which has led me back into music, into school, and back to life has been incredible. It's all very hard to believe.

Among my best moments are:

The day I first saw Return of the Jedi in a theater.

The night I first saw Beauty and the Beast (the Broadway show) on stage.

The day I passed the audition for the job I currently hold. 

It doesn't have to be fancy, just personal.  :please:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

2012, all the way!

- Lot a lot of weight, I looked slimed and toned. I

- Discovered MLP for the first time (It was in it's second season)

- Got healthy and strong. Could lift 180lb's with no problems.

- Had a lot of money from my job.

- The thrill of driving your car, independency.

- Had a very proactive life-style

Good times baby!

• 3 months later...

The times me and my family would go to the dirt track races every weekend, are some great memories right there. 

All the memories I have hanging out with my old friends are good ones too.

The day I got my truck is another one. It being my first vehicle, I remember I was so proud it felt like my chest was gonna burst open when I sat up in the driver's seat for the first time. :-D I couldn't stop smiling the rest of that day. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

High School. Despite everything I had to put up with, I look fondly at the good times.

Windows XP.  It was virus hotspot for sure, but I have a lot of fond memories with it.

Watching MLP:FiM for the first time and joining this forum. Also, chatting with pals on the WPCC lounge. Anyone else remember that?

Edited by Cash_In

In addition to the things mentioned in my previous post here, I have to add the family vacations I had throughout my childhood; they made me the person I am today. I’d mention my wedding day, but I was not at my best that day to be honest (I enjoy being married more than the ceremony that started it all). And I can now add the birth of my daughter last July as a pretty big one on the list.   

I can't really pick and choose since most of the things in the past has so much meaning to me in so many ways. They're not the best but at least it made me a person I am today and maybe so forth. I could share some few things that is less personal here though. Like, when I first fell in love with a girl and also meeting my online friends whom stayed with me the longest till this day than anyone else online.  Sure there's lots of downs to that but I don't regret anything. Just thinking back of feeling of being in love for the first time is something I wouldn't have in any other way. Or being friended with these online friends despite of them being much younger than me and always pulling my hair to the point of driving me crazy, has turned more into fun comical memories. So i can't complain. 

Simultaneously best and worst moment was a cavalcade of life lessons that all happened at once. I was, in a very short span of time, taught how to identify toxic people, how to cut them out of my life, how to reconnect with old friends, and what a healthy relationship looks like. It was a bonkers time but I'm better for it.