Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Cursed Family Chainstruck (1x1)

Colenso Rivers

@@Colenso Rivers,

As dusk becomes night and most everyone is sleeping, a sudden jolt brings Banner up around 1am to find that the other bed still had Veronica, Banner sighed as she laid back down when she felt something off. Not from the room but from outside somewhere else...She thought she heard talking coming from the room  right next to hers taken by Riften. As Banner came close to the wall she could hear a few words "She's fine...only 4 left...We'll take her away...her brother" he went on but That's all she could make of it, It made her have trouble sleeping but eventually she got some rest thinking, and hoping, it was a dream.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Yoshikupo,

Lucian took a deep sigh of relief, it was finally dark. He pushed his covers off and stepped off his bed, making it and taking his "cane" with no effort. He dressed in less protective and more casual regal attire. He stepped out of his room, leading his cane in front of him. *Clink* He passed through the west wing and down the stairs to see Abel standing guard, he addressed her joyfully, though a tad quiet, "Abel, it's always good to see you. I haven't had guests in a long while." He passed by her as she spoke, "I'm not sure we should be harboring our enemies." He turned in mid stride, "I hate to say it, but between you, I and Sev, we have nothing to worry about." He headed to the garden in the center of the manor and sat underneath a large crystal tree, in a field of blooms similar to the ones they ate this evening. "Guide me sister." The cool night are bit at him, filling him with vitality.

A dark figure rose at the end of the west wing, stepping forward, hearing nothing but evil. Not a sound was made by it's footfalls as it headed over to the east wing. There, it stopped at a door. Opening its jaws and tasting the air. Just a moment now. It split apart and dissipated, forming in a shadowed corner of the ceiling inside the room, blind to everything but the wicked soul in the room. I can see again. I can see you. From there, it disappeared while emitting a chilling cackle that touched the ears of everyone in the manor.

Eyes snapped open, Lucian shot up and dashed towards the foyer to see Abel extending her chain, readying herself for any confrontation. He stopped in the center of the foyer and shouted, "All of you! Foyer, NOW!!!" Then to Abel, "Damnit."

@@Colenso Rivers,

The whole party raced down stairs hearing Lucian and the cackle of a madman "What the hell was that!?" Riften, out of breath came down last, holding something that looked like a crystal in his hands "So did it have to do with something about what Lucian said about the rules?" He said touching the ground off the stairs "And why would you get that idea, OF COURSE IT HAD TO DO WITH THAT" Rachel yelled. Banner noticed what Riften carried "What is that?" Riften hides the crystal in his pack "I use it as a protection measure, it has magic in it to make things back off" Throg glared at Riften, a glare that said 'Confess'. "I'm telling the truth guys, it does have magic in it! And I wasn't doing, or thinking, anything wrong!" He yelled in defense. The group all stared at each other "Stop pointing fingers right now because first we need to confirm all this with Lucian first, would this happen if we broke one of the rules?" She looked over to the child

(edited)

@@Yoshikupo,

He watched them stoically as they bickered, even though he was fuming on the inside. He waited until they finished, then began, "Nobody did anything wrong, huh? Of course not, Radiant are never wicked. That must mean," He looked back in feign shock, "Abel, did you break the rules?" She answered in a just monotone, "Master Sevelance doesn't harm members of or those in service to the Chai-" At that moment Lucian finished with her, turning back towards them, "The Chainstruck lineage. So, to answer the question, the rule broken specifically of harboring wickedness and having your eyes open at the same time results in my brother being able to see you." He approached the window by the exit and sighed, adding, "Well, you can go back to your rooms. I don't need to weed out whom did it. You will die. Period. I cannot save you, and you cannot save yourself from him." He became more sentimental, "Just remember, I did all I could to save your soul, whomever you are."

(By the way. Lucian may be the youngest of the brothers, but now he is about 19)

Edited by Colenso Rivers

@@Colenso Rivers,

They all got chills down there spine "N-nothing you can do?" Veronica said shivering in fear "Alright, who did it, who was about to do something wicked?!" Banner yelled getting on the stairs for more leverage "How do we know it wasn't you?" "I would own up to my mistakes and ask for help, that's what I think the person who did this should also do" Veronica steps up with Banner "She can vogue for me that I fell asleep around the same time she did and she didn't here any noise from me" "Speaking of noise" She stared at Riften which made him unconformable "I think I heard you talking in the room next to ours, something about a her and how you would take her away" "I didn't think it was wicked to bring Veronica back to her home ok?!" He yelled with a tear coming down from his face "I was sent to protect her and I thought we would be here for a while so I made a message with this crystal to try and bring her home" Veronica looked disgusted "You were hired right?" "Yes, I was one of your personal far away guards, the ones and roofs or in buildings spying on where you went. They said to put on this persona to make me less guessable" his voice deepened as he was looking around worried "Wait" Banner spoke up "I don't think it was Riften that caused this, it doesn't seem wicked, he didn't want to kill anyone on us and I'm sure it was just for protection" Veronica sighs "I guess your right" Throg and Rachel were now the focus. Rachel was bickering this whole time about how Lucian just gave up on helping them and that even though it pained her to say it, these were her friends she needed to help. Throg held Rachel back from doing anything but turned his head as the others looked at him which gave an opening for Rachel to flee and get closer to Lucian "So there is nothing you can do to even help us?! No direction at all?" What looks like a tear in her eye forms as she yells

@@Yoshikupo,

He let them discuss it among themselves. It didn't matter to him to find out whom had a nasty plot, they were effectively dead. Just when he turned to see Rachel coming at him. But before he could defend himself, even though she wasn't attacking, Abel lunged between her and Lucian and gave a heavy side swiping kick. It was quick, but the skilled could back away from it fast enough. Lucian turned to Rachel and stepped gave off a smirk, "If I had to choose anybody, I'd say it was you. However, that doesn't matter. What is required to stop your death is to rid us of the name Chainstruck. However, this task is impossible, and even if it were possible, it would take years...." He stepped towards her and finished, "And Sevelance might not even give that person a day." He headed towards the stairs again and added, "Now, I'm going to check to see if anybody entered any other rooms, if you need anything else, come to me, if you want to be saved from Sevelance...." He stopped midway up the stairs, "Then pray that he kills you painlessly."

@@Colenso Rivers,

Rachel rushed to the door, bringing Riften with her "Where the hell are you going!" "Breaking the curse!" "You got to be kidding me" Veronica has her hand in her face "Riften, you made maps right?" "Uh...yeah?" He said uncomfortably "You have a map about that trail with the sign right?" "Yes" He brings it out "How will this he-" She takes the map "If I'm correct, there should at least be a path to the place we can correct this or at least some thing to indicate it and I think that sign is exactly that" She says reading the map like she's trying to memorize it "We'll brake that curse come hell or high water!" She said almost uncharacteristically enthusiastic. Banner goes to Lucian "Once she's set on it, she cant be stopped...even if one of us actually died on the way she will still do it for a reason she convinces herself of as the right thing" "So I think we have to leave now, even if I really need another hour of rest" Veronica added hoping Lucian would do something to help, other than just saying that they were doomed. Meanwhile Throg was writing something down on a paper next to the door "We got to hurry so you two need to hurry up!" she yelled even though it hasn't even been 30 seconds

@@Yoshikupo,

He waited as Banner approached, looking at her with a curious expression. Abel appeared to want to dash between the two, but Lucian gave her the "stop" gesture, and she stood back begrudgingly. He shook his head as she spoke, saying, "Where will she go? The only being whom knows there whereabouts of the deity is Helstrom. The only ones whom know where Helstrom is are the clairvoyant Dismal, which aren't on any maps." He continued, loud enough for the rest to hear, "How far have the Radiant made it into Dismal territory, five, ten miles? Generous fifteen at best. There are no maps of the dismal territories past that point, it's not possible. Then you'd have to convince Helstrom to lead you to the the deity instead of killing you. Finally, you would have to convince the deity of suffering to revoke the curse requested of Helstrom, the only being ever to be blessed by this deity in order to save someone? A Radiant?" Then, just to Banner again, "Your friend is going to die. Tomorrow or tonight, and if you let the others leave, then so will they."