Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Shouldn't twilight be in chs?

Tarnation

Well before moving to Ponyville, Twilight used to live in Canterlot and didn't have a lot of friends, and seeing how CHS is the human world equivalent to Ponyville it makes sense that Sci Twi wouldn't go there in the very beginning.

Both worlds are not an exact 1:1. It is closer to the alternate realities you see popularized in comic books that create a reshuffling of some things.

• Brohoof 1

Both worlds are not an exact 1:1. 

I agree.

It is closer to the alternate realities you see popularized in comic books that create a reshuffling of some things.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Yeah, definitely not supposed to mirror eachother exact.  

A High School Principal =/= A Demi God

>implying celestia isn't actually an ancient immortal who decided to open up a school after mankind outgrew the need for deities and her protection

>Implying Principal celestia isn't actually thousands of years old

• Brohoof 1

Huh? What are you talking about?

If I may take a stab at it, the official MLP comic may offer a plausible explanation. The Reflections arc parodies the whole alternate world concept, which is the trope of creating parallel dimensions that have at least one or two significant differences while resting on the merits of the main series. Less lazy examples of that trope shy away from simply having one slight difference and also involve at least some kind of difference in the status quo, even if it's just a minor one.

In the case of the MLP comics, the similarities were explained as being due to the two worlds slowly colliding because Princess Celestia established a link between them by frequently travelling to the other realm through a portal created by Starswirl. In that case, that world is one where characters are exact opposite of their mane universe counterparts. If the correlation between the mane universe and that other world could be thought of as very close to 1, then the human world would probably be somewhere between .9 and .95, largely because Starswirl himself is a hypocrite who threw three sirens through that portal almost a millennium prior to Rainbow Rocks, while Sunset Shimmer going over there to live permanently probably didn't help much either.

However, in the case of the EQG world, the correlation is still far enough from 1 that the two worlds aren't in immediate peril of the world's colliding, though that would explain why the walls between them are thin enough that Midnight Sparkle could make holes in them. Being not quite close enough to 1 means that there are bound to be at least a few other significant differences in addition the major one that defines that particular dimension, such as different characters being in different places or being at a different point in their journey or at a different age than their Equestrian equivalent, or other characters either only existing in that world or Equestria or at least their other universe equivalent being unaccounted for in the official canon thus far.

In layman's terms, there are more differences in the human world than just the characters being humans. It's a different world where people might share some similarities with their pony counterparts, but they're still distinct individuals. In Twilight's case, she is at a different place in her personal journey, and we can also infer that since CHS also represents Ponyville, perhaps Crystal Prep shares a lot of similarities to Canterlot despite representing the Crystal Empire on the surface. Neither school is a perfect representation of any one place in Equestria, and the real key difference is that this Twilight never met this version of Celestia until recently. It's actually pretty accurate though that she would be studying in a prestigious school.

(edited)

No offense, but that's too long, I'm not gonna read the whole thing.  Could somepony shorten it into like, one paragraph instead of five?

Also, what's this about a comic?

Edited by DerpyFIM4

The Pony and Human worlds are only parallel to each other, and are not copies. They share similarities but are not the same places, and are not filled with the same beings.

That is the reason why I am okay with the fact that we haven't seen the human world version of Sunset Shimmer.

Because I believe there might not even be one if the two worlds aren't 100 percent the same or whatever.

That is the reason why I am okay with the fact that we haven't seen the human world version of Sunset Shimmer.

Because I believe there might not even be one if the two worlds aren't 100 percent the same or whatever.

Personally, I would like for there to be a Human Sunset Shimmer, but she should be completely different. Like say, she could still be in her mean/evil phase, but any attempts to change her fail, as she makes it clear that she chooses to be the way she is or it's just how she is. One of the things I want them to do with EqG is to explore emphasis that not everything is the same or directly parallel to Equestria. The worlds are very different and cause, effect, environment, circumstances and societal differences have shaped people in radically different ways.

I could see Pony Sunset and Twilight studying and charting these differences as scientific/socio-dynamic experiments.