Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Video Game Opening Videos

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Something I feel like is a lost art in gaming is the art of Opening Videos. That being a video that plays every time you start up the game. These were commonplace before but they seem to be not as common now. I personally have always loved opening videos, as they are an awesome way to get someone hyped to play a game that they really enjoy. 

So let's discuss! What are some of YOUR favorite opening videos in games? This could get nostalgic. 

I am gonna start with a recent one, the inspiration for this thread. Overwatch! A game that is soaring through the skies in popularity, has a surprisingly awesome opening video. one that has humor, a serious tone and an epic feel all in one. This video examples what I mean perfectly, as it gets me hyped every time.

Despite being called the cinematic teaser there, that is the opening as well for the game.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Because Hideo Kojima & Harry Gregson-Williams. Plus, it's like a movie.

Edited by Guest

(edited)

My favorite video game openings are:

- Kingdom Hearts 2

- Pokemon Yellow, Crystal

- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

- Mario Party 2

- Shadow the Hedgehog 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

• 2 weeks later...

Widely regarded as the best intro for the series. Polyphony Digital has gone downhill with the intros, as have the quality of the games in the last decade. If the Into for GT Sport is "meh", then the rest of the game probably will too.

Japan version too, because Moon over the Castle.  :wub: 

• 2 months later...

Battlefleet: Gothic Armada. All of the campaign cutscenes for this game were just amazing, perfectly capturing the mood of the 40k universe.

Chibi tanks   I mean Seek and Destroy. A favorite of mine when I was younger.