Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Have Any Imaginary Friends?

Photon Jet

55 users have voted

1. 1. Do you have imaginary friends?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, I have imaginary friends, always have and always will. I still consider all my plushies part of my family and talk to them all the time. I like them to be comfortable and consider their needs at all times. :proud: I guess they count as imaginary characters.

There's nothing wrong with it and there's no need to call Bellevue.  :lie: It's just natural human behavior. Ever seen Cast Away? The man's best buddy is a freakin' soccer ball, but when he loses it, it's the harshest scene in the movie. I always cry in that scene.  :rarity:

Let's face it, sometimes inanimate objects or imagined characters are more fun and easier to get along with than many humans.   :orly:

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes I'll mess up and say "Nice one, me" and then I'll come back with something witty and stupid and I guess that might count? When I was 16 I actually had a bunch of imaginary friends. I lived on a lake with no one around but my family and so I made a whole cast of characters to pass the time with. It was cool, we'd talk about a lot of things, but eventually it got really confusing and the characters ended up sounding like me and it got weird so I stopped and now I don't have any, but yeah, I used to.

• Brohoof 1

I got one since I was 6 I think, it's a dragon :D One night, my parents where away and I didn't wanna go to sleep because I wanted to wait for them, so the babysitter agreed to let me stay up a few more minutes to wait, and we waited outside. We looked at the stars in the sky and she showed me some constellations and I was like "oh ! There's a dragon right there" even though there wasn't anything coming close to a dragon up there. She just rolled with it and told me that as I was the first one to see it, it was mine. Since then, day or night, sometimes I just look up at the sky to look for a cloud or the stars that look like my dragon xD

• Brohoof 1

I do have an imaginary friend! First, it was a cat. Then, it became a person, then it became a vampire without physical form, just the voice. And then some sort of demon like Chara from undertake. Then it became Discord and now I'm crazy xD. Fun times!

I used to have tons. A whole army of them. Was the only way I could keep my mind from wandering to dark places...

I still have a few, to be honest. Occasionally I'll talk to one of my OC's... Sometimes I'll talk to a character from an Anime I've recently watched, or one that I like a lot. Or sometimes I just talk to random creatures 'that I happen to pass by'. Still the only way I know to keep my mind from wandering to dark places. I let that happen once... Didn't turn out great. People got hurt... I need some real friends, though :dry:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have this imaginary friend called Emiko, who is a little blue flame that can change it's shape to some extent. It is really nice, and liveswith similar beings in the forests. Hangs out in my room a lot though.

Also, I tend to talk to anime and cartoon characters or my OCs too, sometimes.

I have had a whole group of imaginary friends. I also had a whole town of imaginary acquaintances. I have imaginary enemies and I have an imaginary ex-boyfriend.

Instead of pretending they were in this world, I'd close my eyes and pretend I was in their world.

• Brohoof 1

i don't have imaginary friends as much friends from another universe that only few can see. the difference is that few others can see them. but other than that i have my pet cat that i actually think i can comunicate will so i guess that counts...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I don't know if it's my conscience, or an imaginary friend. It's just that little voice in my mind all the time. I have many voices in my head, but I like my conscience the most. His name is Isaac. :adorkable:

Edited by Midnight Solace
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Eh, I used to growing up. Aside from pretending that my toys were alive and all my friends, I had quite a few imaginary friends growing up. Because I couldn't see them, but I wanted to prove they were real, I actually made up an excuse for them not being there; they were just really small. :P

Nowadays though, I don't have any imaginary friends. Just me and my own cold conscience. :v