Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever met anyone famous? How was it?

SrFrog

I listened to a presentation by Robin Walker at GDC about Valve's employees, in a small room. Afterward, I got to ask him questions in person.

For those who don't know, Robin was the guy who made the original Half-Life 1 Team Fortress mod, and now leads the Team Fortress 2...team.

I've also had Rina-Chan (half-semi-fame) voice act for one of my videos.

My grandfather has had a few acting jobs on some TV shows in the past, he was also a news presenter for a long time, back when there were only like 2 news channels, he also was a radio presenter and he is now a police commissioner. Does that count?

If not, I met Swifty in game on WoW.

I've seen TomSka filming around my city before (before he moved) and I've seen Jack and Dean (OMFGitsJackAndDean) around a few times too, but always been too busy to go talk to them.

Hm... No not really that i can think of to be honest.

I've talked to some decently famous people on youtube who are no longer famous or even do youtube videos, but even at that they're not really big big famous, just decently to some.

Don't talk to them much anymore anyways.

But yeah, not really.

Though all NASCAR drivers, I've met Ryan Newman, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Austin Dillon, Denny Hamlin, and Jimmie Johnson. The only driver I've said more than a few words to is Kurt though, and he's pretty chill. Congratulated him on a past win, offered him some luck on the current race. That's...about it, though. I've been within 5 feet of many other drivers, too, though that doesn't really count as 'talking' to a celebrity.

• Brohoof 1

The most famous person I've talked to is probably Peter Cullen.  He's a voice actor best known for his role as Optimus Prime of the Transformers franchise.  My roommate and I got his autograph, took photos, and had a few words with him.  So yeah, it was a real brief talk, but a talk nonetheless.  Bonus:  Peter and I have the same birthday!  :D

• Brohoof 1

I'll have you know, that I was recently in the same building as James and Oliver Phelps :lol:. But I didn't get to meet them because the line for autographs was way too long :(.

BUT I DID GET TO HUG STORMY THE MASCOT OF THE STORMWATERS HOCKEY TEAM. Which is a local team in CT >.<

][*]J.K. Rowling when she came to a bookshop. Well, we didn't really talk, but she did wave at me.

Color me jealous

I met Russel Howard a little while back while I was shopping at tesco.Didn't say much though was a little bit star struck.

I am literally bleeding Jealousy right now >< got tickets to his Aussie tour next year so hopefully we can be in the same boat with this X3

I met Adam Garcia once when I was alot younger :P like 7. Just talking to him like he was any other guy not knowing who he was but my cousins girlfriend when she saw us talking nearly had a heart attack :P

I spoke to johnny yong bosch at a con once

I met Karl Urban last year and squeed harder than a fan girl

Apart from that only video game personalities.

I've met Tim Schafer like 3-4 times and still as hype as ever and I met and had a photo with Ed Boon (the creator of Mortal Kombat). Oh and a photo with Jessica Nigri X3 in Lollipop Chainsaw cosplay

I've raced against Timmy Hill before on iRacing.com. He's a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver, and a pretty cool guy, too. I also got Ron Fellows' and Ryan Newman's autographs when I went to the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen this year, as well as having written a letter to Jeff Gordon as a kid. Got a signed autograph card and a note from the man himself in return, too. Oh, and I've met countless Buffalo Sabers hockey players as well.

Edited by Ragin' Red Talon

I talked to a phone recording of Gus Sorola once. Does that count?

In all seriousness, I have literally "bumped" into Tara Strong a few times and talked to then introduced my parents to John DiMagio. Also met Andrea Libman, and she seemed mean

Edited by Marty McFly

Andrea Libman, Dustykatt, Solrac, Mandopony, Tabitha St. Germain, AcousticBrony, Ibringdalulz, ibeabronyrapper, Tara Strong, and Michelle Creber, on Twitter. 

WHAT?!WHAT WHAT WHAT?!!?!? ok first of all see ya next year in cronycon :P and second of all i got to speak with The living tombstone via  E-mail...Yet he only lives 10 minutes away in plane :(

I've talked to a number.

Patrick Stewart.

LeVar Burton.

Micheal Dorn.

Nicole Oliver.

Andrea Libman.

Claire Corlett.

Tabitha St Germain.

Lee Tockar.

William Shatner.

Casey Biggs (think I spelled his name right).

Ethan Phillipes.

And a few more that I can't think of right now.

I've met and talked too a lot of actors.

• Bill Moseley
  • Richard Simmons
  • Elvira
  • The cast of MST3K
  • Sid Haig
  • The Black Ranger
  • The voice actor for Jigen in Lupin the 3rd
  • Voice actress for Faye Valintine
  • Shang Tsung from the first MK movie
  • 1185111_10151673798096185_1866244756_n.j
  •  
  • Cole Train!
  • Honky Tonk Man (Oldschool wrestler)
  • Yellow Ranger (Who replaced the asian girl)
  • Doug Bradley (He yelled at me biggrin.png)
  • The Wishmaster

biggrin.png

Edited by DiscordAnarchy

I sure have. Ever since I started showing up at conventions, I've spoken to:

Rob Paulsen

Tabitha St. Germain

Michelle Creber

Andrea Libman

Cathy Weseluck

Brenda Crichlow

and Tara Strong (though I only got a quick greeting exchange with her while she was leaving the convention center at EQLA 2012. I'll hopefully be meeting her again properly at Comikaze Expo this November)

Although this clearly isn't from my personal experience, my grandfather, Philip "Lefty" Weinert, played for the 1931 Yankees. The team included a number of future Hall of Famers, including Lou Gehrig, Bill Dickey, and Babe Ruth. One of my uncles -- who passed away several years ago -- actually rode in a taxi with my grandfather (his father) and Gehrig. My granddad also had a fight with Casey Stengal, future Hall of Fame manager of the Yankees and Mets, after he buzzed Casey with a few fastballs. Phil managed to bust Stengal's nose, if I recall the story correctly.

As for having met celebrities personally, I cannot claim to have spoken to anyone famous at length -- unless you count Feld0! Kidding aside, I've managed to meet and/or briefly chat with Turk Wendell (when he was a reliever with the Mets), Matt Franco (another former Met), "Weird Al" Yankovic, Brad Swaile (who is an especially awesome fellow), Andrea Libman, Nicole Oliver, Lee Tockar (who enjoyed my Bane costume at BronyCon), Cathy Weseluck, Michelle Creber, Jayson Thiessen, M.A. Larson Jessica DiCicco, PixelKitties, and John Joseco. I've received an autographed baseball signed by Ron Darling, former Mets pitcher and current color commentator for the team on their television network, but I did not meet with him personally.

The only "celebrity" (and I obviously use the term loosely) I might know on a regular speaking basis is a professor in our department who is renowned within contemporary theological circles. Obviously he would only be noteworthy amongst a fairly select group.

• Brohoof 2

Meh, in US it seems a bit easier than here.

I've met a bunch of my country celebrities you've probably never even heard of, like Grzegorz Turnau or Maciej Kozłowski for example.

But seeking a bit more renown names, I guess I'd have to mention Terry Pratchett (though his bodyguards quickly, and somewhat brutally, interrupted the conversation as soon as they've spotted it) and Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll ( I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW ;_;!).

Also, awesome points for those who mentioned Charlie Sheen and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

I've gotten a hold of Aviators before to show them a song I was making.

And they liked it! So awesome! /)^3^(\

It was over YouTube, though.

I have met Stan Lee in real life, though. And one of my greatest friends is Jed Allen Freels, a renounced scientist, writer, and musical artist.

Edited by super2379

Several, I think. Unfortunately, there is not much to tell, an I am not much of a story teller anyway. I have met Bill Hammer, Jack Hotner, Thomas Holtz, Phil Currie (these are big names to paleo fans, BTW), Tara Strong, and Chris Kennedy.

It really depends on what is defined as celebrity... World-wide celebrities, I think I haven't spoke with any in person. I never tried to meet any either. I'm not very interested to be honest, thing is, most of people I consider celebrities and heroes are totally unknown to majority.

When it comes to "national-level" celebrities, one of the top opera singers is my long-lost relative and one of recently popular actors is a person I know since childhood. I also literally bumped into the prime minister while shopping, which led to awkward "Do I know you? ... Oh, right... " moment. 

Other than that, I meet a lot of politicians in work very often, but that isn't really great, since I happen to seriously dislike almost all of them.

Oh, right, and I met with and spoke for quite a while with Seth Andrews and TB, if anyone knows who those guys are.

Edited by Jessper

I've talked to a few NASCAR drivers, Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon,Ryan Newman, J.J. Yeley....I've also talked to Tommy Cash, Johnny Cash's son...he played at a local fair a few years ago...

Fandom celebrity wise, in the Furry fandom I've met Zen, Dark Natasha, Firestorm Six, Lav'n Der shep..(they're locals)..Sophie Cabra and Raspberry Roo, the artists of Blotch.

Brony fandom...haven't really met anybody, since I haven't been to any brony cons.

In real life, or on any social media sites? I was just tweeted at by Smosh, and I've talked to Peter New, Andrea Libman, Dustykatt, Solrac, Mandopony, Tabitha St. Germain, AcousticBrony, Ibringdalulz, ibeabronyrapper, Tara Strong, and Michelle Creber, on Twitter. 

I've yet to go to a convention, but I wish I could talk to all of them in person.

Your topic appeared to be similar to an older one, so I've taken the liberty of merging them together. In the future, please run a search before creating a new topic. Thanks. 

Does Evdog count? Then I've met him, and he was totally awesome! He got me out of a really dark and depressing funk I was in, while I was at PCAu this year!

Also, my good friend Final Verse has a long list of famous bronies he has met!!

I've met a few. They're not really super popular or well known, but I love them :3

I met Hideo Kojima in London at a signing just after the launch of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker biggrin.png 
And I've met the members of Enter Shikari when they held a signing for their latest album. 

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn
  • Brohoof 2