Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever met anyone famous? How was it?

SrFrog

Well, I dont watch Basketball, for I dont care for sports really, but I was with my family supporting my dad and cousins at some big basketball tournament and it was pretty big around here, and according to my cousins...because they're the sports nerds, there was some pro basketball player there and they got his autograph...cannot remember his name...because..i dont care for sports..but I guess it was kinda near?

Now, this guy isnt your exact celebrity, but this guy around her named Mark Wade, who grew up in my town is a ventriloquist, and he's been all over the US and to about 20 different countries and performed. He's not super famous, but he does have a LOT of fame.

I never met an actual celebrity or saw one... 

• 2 weeks later...

Does internet fame count?  If so, I've seen Doug Walker several times at ConnectiCon.  I even rode in a crowded elevator with him once.  I also met Brandon Sanderson at the same con as he was doing signings, and managed to get my copy of 'A Memory of Light' signed.

• Brohoof 1

No. Well, not that I know of. I don't know many people who are famous in modern day other than some movie people. Music, I have no clue who's big. Yeah, I'm 18, but I like stuff from the past better.

But my sister did meet Eddie Murphey, and went to see Michele Obama give a speach (my nephey saw them as well)

When I was driving the other day in town, I swear that I saw Si Robertson, from Duck Dynasty. He looked EXACTLY like him, and I kept stealing glances of him while we were both stopped at a stoplight. He started to look a little uncomfortable when he noticed I was looking at him, so I quickly turned away. I wish I could confirm that it was him, but I have no way of knowing.

I also saw Bruno Mars once at a concert in my hometown before he was known worldwide, so that was pretty cool.

I don't really know, or care about anyone super famous....I've probably walked by famous people without every knowing it, or I've never gotten out enough to make suppose such a claim....... :blink:

After going to a metal show (Machine Head, Suicide Silence, and Darkest Hour). I managed to meet a few of them walking out in town (i was going to get some food and they had just gotten some).

Bill Clinton once stood outside the window where I used to work for like 20 minutes.  I met Eddie Murphy's brother when I was very little and played with his kid.  And while they're not individually famous, I personally know 2 Rockefellers (one went to high school with me, and yes, they're still filthy rich).  I've also talked briefly with Micheal Dorn during a Q&A at a con, seen several other Star Trek actors at cons and a few other actors when I went to see them perform on stage.

• 3 months later...

The closest things to "famous" that I've ever met were some in the American anime con scene (VAs, producers, musical groups, and artists), and local politicians.

Most of the VAs and such were rewarding moments for me as a geek.  Tiffany Grant was the first, which was huge for me; she was my favorite at the time.  Cathy Weseluck was pretty awesome, too.  I met her at a con in 2010.  While getting an autograph, I told her that had I known she was coming sooner, I would've revived my Ranma cosplay; she responded with one of Shampoo's catchphrases.

As for the politicians, I used to be involved in local government events, such as city council meetings and whatnot.  I've met Patty Murray at some of these, and used to go to church with Linda Smith.

Those are about it.

I shook Bill Clinton's hand before he was the president of the US while on the boardwalk behind my school. Didn't think very much of it because I was a bit young and kind of stupid. Seemed like a fun feller.

Also shook Benjamin Netanyahu's hand while in Israel. Now that was a rare treat. That man has more charisma in one hand than the lotta yeh have in yer whole pack o' noggins.

I have no idea why I am speaking like this.

My close friend is brony-famous.

His name is Pandramodo, literally anyhting he does goes on EqD.

You might recognize him from his comic strips. They're probably the reason WHY he's famous.

here_comes_the_airplane__by_pandramodo-d

• Brohoof 1

Yeah. I met Jovi. The famous poet. You know...

Whatever. She told me she was a famous poet, but she was also my poetry teacher. She helped me write an awesome poem on sadness.

I once met Sylvester McCoy! 

Sylvester_Mc_Coy_11.jpg

My dad swears that when he was younger, he once used the urinal right next to the one Alan Alda was using!

LOL!

My close friend is brony-famous.
His name is Pandramodo, literally anyhting he does goes on EqD.

You might recognize him from his comic strips. They're probably the reason WHY he's famous.
img-2722634-1-here_comes_the_airplane__b

OMG! It's Derpy doin' a Slim Pickens!

stranglovebombride.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Not counting a concert or live show, but actually seeing them on the street or something:

Celebrities I've seen:

Larry Hagman

Peter Strauss

Ellen DeGeneres

Scott Bakula

Celebrities I've actually met:

Ken Jennings

Evan Lysacek

Tanith Belbin

Ben Agosto

Sasha Cohen

Lloyd Eisler

Qing Pang

Jian Tong

All of the ones I've met, excpet for Ken, are famous figure skaters.  I'm a figure skater myself, and have had the chance to meet a lot of famous skaters.  Meeting Sasha was a thrill, because she's the skater who inspired me to try the sport.  She signed my copy of her autobiography.  It's one of my most prized possessions.

I once met Sylvester McCoy! 

img-2722859-1-Sylvester_Mc_Coy_11.jpg

My dad swears that when he was younger, he once used the urinal right next to the one Alan Alda was using!

LOL!

OMG! It's Derpy doin' a Slim Pickens!

stranglovebombride.jpg

You've met sylvester McCoy?! Awesomeeeee!

My friend has seen Kristen Stewart, but she didn't know who it was (lol) until her friend she was with was like... Oh my gosh that's her!

I've only met some British slightly famous people :P Gemma Hunt (used to do stuff with a guy named Barney Harwood who presents blue peter now) John Archer (a magician) Bobby Ball (a comedian part of cannon and ball)

Oh I've also met Maxine Clark, founder of Build A Bear Workshop

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I met Richard Horvitz at a anime/gaming con :D He voices a bunch of awesome characters like Billy from grim adventures, Razputin from Psychonauts, and Zim from Invader Zim.

I was super shy and only said hi, but my friends were having a blast chatting with him. He seemed like a very friendly and fun person to be around. My friend got her Pychonauts poster signed by him.

Edited by crazitaco

(edited)

I once met the author Jacqueline Wilson when my sister was waiting in line to get her autograph at a large bookstore in town. I kinda regret that ever happening because Jacqueline Wilson, although she's famous, writes a load of girly garbage.

Here's a better example. Back in 2011, I had actually shook hands with Queen Elizabeth II when she visited Ireland! :D. Barack Obama actually visited Ireland the same year, but he didn't visit my hometown. And before you call bullshit about Her Majesty visiting Ireland, look it up :P

Edited by GrauWitz