Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever met anyone famous? How was it?

SrFrog

Years ago I met the then Prime Minister of England Tony Blair. It was at the opening of a football stadium or something that my Dad owned shares in. I'm not really sure it was ages ago.

I was too young at the time to have an opinion of the guy so I just shook his hand and thought "Cool I'm shaking the Prime Minister's hand!"

(edited)

I shook hands with the mayor of my city (Hamilton) after playing the piano for him at a business meeting. He loved my playing and also said that he loves playing instruments too. My dad also had the former conductor of the Cleveland Orchestra come to our apartment for a visit long time ago.

Also worked with a choir conductor as a piano accompanist. He won a Juno in 1999 for his choral CD. (Ian Sadler is his name).

Edited by Derpity Derp

The Prime Minister has been my rolemodel since I was a little girl.

He's a wonderful person that got our country out of a recession, even while the US banks were failing.

Harper?

ughh...

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I got an autograph from Carmelo Anthony on a basketball when he was still playing for the Syracuse Orangemen Basketball Team when they won the NCAA Championship in their 2003 season. I also have Gerry McNamara's autograph (same team) but I think I lost the shirt he wrote it on, I still have to look in my room for it.

I went to a Rush (my most favorite rock band of all time) concert at the New York State Fair a couple of years ago and got up to the very front of the stage and actually high fived lead singer Geddy Lee. I still haven't washed that hand to this very day. :)

Finally, I met the VA for Vegeta (The Funimation Dub), Christopher Sabat, at a local entertainment festival last year. He gave us the whole "OVER 9000!!!!!!" treatment and everybody literally just pissed their pants. It was glorious!

• Brohoof 1

At Equestria LA, I came across Michelle "Applebloom" Creber quite a few times throughout the whole convention. My first encounter with her was a pretty funny one. At the end of the first voice actor panel, I was conveniently close by the door that she was exiting the panel auditorium out of. I took this moment to my advantage and I raised out my hand to give her a high-five as she was leaving. She noticed me and we did just that. Immediately after, she said to me "Don't you mean brohoof?", and I said back to her "Oh yeah! That was...out of fandom I guess!" (or something like that), and then we immediately brohoofed. That whole ten seconds was just absolutely amazing, considering the fact that I had just spoken to Applebloom!

Also at the convention, after the second V/A panel, I managed to quickly greet Tara Strong when she was heading down the escalator. I have to admit I kind of regret not getting in line for Q/A portions of the panels or even coming down to the Anaheim Hilton (where she and other Guests of Honor were meeting fans and signing autographs), because I actually had a good question to ask her on behalf of the voice-over job. Maybe I can get a chance to properly meet her at the next EQLA (that is if she does attend the next one).

• Brohoof 1

I saw Guy Fieri once at a restaurant. I didn't say "Hi" or anything... I can barely remember it, actually. I don't know if this is just me, but famous people are just regular guys... -_-

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't necessarily have to be someone known by all, could be someone who is just starting up or that is known well enough locally. Though if you ever met someone rather popular that would be interesting.

Yes a few, they often play at a local spot here called 'The Civic' and if your willing to wait around a while you can meet the band members usually. Most of the time its exchanging pleasentries and a joke or two, but I've had a few strange encounters.

The singer from Spineshank wouldn't take a cake a friend and I bought because 'he may have shagged out gf's and its revenge' so my friend shouted fine ate some and threw it at the wall.

After a gig I got to hang out and drink with Drowning Pool, ending up with me staring at a wall for a while.

A friend of mine and I once went back stage with Clawfinger by getting lost. They were sound with it and we got to see the drummer chasing the tour bus with nothing on as a birthday prank.

Told Pat Sharp he was a git when I was at Uni.

Theres been others but those are the more interesting ones.

Perhaps, the most famous person I've ever met was U.S Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor (She came to Guam), and her voice actually sounds epic, something like the female Morgan Freeman.

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

I've met David Crowder, Lincoln Brewster, Paul Hanson (The guy who taught the solo for back to the future, George Clooney, and Michael J. Fox)

Phil Keaggy (Top 3 best finger picking guitarists)

Weird Al

The guys from "american pickers"

And I think that might be it...

I met callum from stitch up all those years ago he was doing a live performance when i studied performing arts, I also met christopher eccleston and the dude who plays david from corrie lol ok the last one if nothing special but I guess is still sorta counts xD

In fact, i have. I have met pretty many famous people actually. ^^ I have met Notch, Messi and Michael Jackson.

Me and Notch had this long conversation about games and stuff and i told him good ideas to minecraft.

And well my Step-Grandmom lives like 50 Feet from his house ^^

• Brohoof 2

I haven't met anyone internationally famous, but I've once met a rather famous person, prof. Vladimir Franz. I was going home from a theatre with my father, and he was just returning into it from somewhere outside. He's been probably checking on the next performance or something - after all, it was he who composed the music for it.

Yeah... I met Obama once. although before he was president. As you guys might know, I'm obsessed with american politics, and I got myself into this 'Page for a Day' thing in Springfield, where you basically run around getting coffee and stuff for the politicians. Anyway, Obama walked in at one point. I didn't really have a chance to talk with him, but it was still pretty cool :D

The only other famous person I've met is Bill Nye. He was giving a talk at a gathering I attended, and his theme was renewable resources. All in all, he's by far not as cheesy as he is on his show, and I had a fun time getting through the mess of other people wanting to ask him questions...

• Brohoof 1

I met Jochem Myjer...

He is a Dutch comedian and i'm on a photo with him, because i had one of the VIP seats at one of his shows. So awesome!

But if you mean i've seen famous people... I've seen Metallice, Slipknot, Korn, Slayer, Anthrax, Volbeat and some smaller bands i can't remember the names of.

Edited by GameBeaver

I met the singer and drummer of a band called You Me At Six, they're pretty big over here.

I also met the singer of a smaller band called Kids In Glass Houses, they're a Welsh band and they are pretty damn good, if I say so myself.

My parents met Steve Jobs at a restaurant a couple years ago. I was so angry when I found that out later after they got home. I never seem to be around when famous people are nearby. I guess that's the result of lurking in front of a computer screen a majority of the time...