Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever met anyone famous? How was it?

SrFrog

I met Steve Wozniak a few years ago. I know I've bashed Apple a few times before, but this guy is amazing. He helps create the world's largest company and he just lives life without a care in the world. Really, if Steve Jobs had lived like Woz, he probably would have lived a few more years. Woz just radiates geekiness. He's friendly, too. Needless to say, I was absolutely starstruck.

But man, that guy is huge.

• Brohoof 2

I wish there were famous people that lived near I do. The closest I've ever been to meeting someone famous was sitting in Assembly Hall at IU with John Mellencamp sitting on the other side of the arena. However, I'm friends with someone that met Steve Perry from Journey in the 80's.

Wait, I remember now that I met IU basketball coach Tom Crean and former IU football coach Terry Hoeppner, and he autographed a poster.

Edited by Rolls Royce
  • Brohoof 1

The first famous guy I can remember meeting is David Prowse, the guy who played Darth Vader among other things.

I met John de Lancie at Bronycon. Met Lauren too... but I accidentally called her Tara.

I met the Prime Minister of my country,

I shook his hand and he said it was a pleasuring meeting me,

it was so awesome :D

~

Awesome. I brought back a John MacDonald action figure from my visit to Parliament.

post-6104-0-93349500-1349371035_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

In real life, or on any social media sites? I was just tweeted at by Smosh, and I've talked to Peter New, Andrea Libman, Dustykatt, Solrac, Mandopony, Tabitha St. Germain, AcousticBrony, Ibringdalulz, ibeabronyrapper, Tara Strong, and Michelle Creber, on Twitter. 

I've yet to go to a convention, but I wish I could talk to all of them in person.

I really wish that I could talk to a lot of voice actor or voice actress celebrities. But, I did talk to LL Cool J a few years ago and I really wish that I could talk to him again. Oh well, celebrities are pretty busy.

If by "talk to a celebrity", you mean handing John de-mothertrucking Lancie two MLP cards to sign while he is bombarded by fans from a 5 meter radius and me saying "Thank You" before I'm drowned out by the sea of people closing in for the kill, then yeah.

If not, I better go find some bread to go with all this jelly I have from reading your post.

• Brohoof 2

did get a picture with Living Tombstone, except my friend taking the picture managed to blur it. :3

Some other celebrity encounters:

• J.K. Rowling when she came to a bookshop. Well, we didn't really talk, but she did wave at me. :)
  • Olly Murs at the X Factor live tour in London.
  • Dick & Dom, the British comedy duo. I don't know how well known they are outside the BBC, but they were my idols when I was young. I got to chat with them and they gave me a signed photo n.n
  • I chatted to Hannah from the Yogscast on a Facebook post once.

Brony celebrities include Jimmy from AcousticBrony, Pipsqueak, Eile Monty and Glaze, all at either BUCK 2013 or a Brony birthday party I went to. :) Michelle Creber was at BUCK but I never got to chat to her, ah well.

• Brohoof 1

I met the cast of Reno 911, Patrick Warburton (creator of Kids Next Door), Candi Milo (V.A. for Dexter and Cheese), and Joe Murry (creator of Rocco's Modern Life and Camp Lazlo). I got a few autographs and got some limited edition Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends figurines.

I also met a few Nascar drivers, if that counts. And also I saw John Campbell (bassist for Lamb of God) right before he performed.

• Brohoof 1

I have never talked with a celebrity, ever. I really wish I could though. It would be so cool to meet some of the people I have grown up to like over the years. My friend, HomicidalFrog knows Angry Joe and has talked to him quite a bit. What a lucky duck he is. :)

I met Russel Howard a little while back while I was shopping at tesco.Didn't say much though was a little bit star struck.

As for other major celebs not really. Youtubers I've spoke to though are;

Tom Ska form asdf, All of the red vs blue voice actors, A little less known one but i spoke to MasakoX, who is the voice actor for goku in DBZ abridged

Oh almost forgot but I did have a nice chat with the actor who plays Sid in skins series 1

I can give a list of Brony Celebrates I've talked to but I rather not as it is a daily thing. But if we are talking Non brony then I have spoke to

• Charle Sheen (Dude is Bucking awesome!)
  • Felipe Coronel or better know as Immortal Technique
  • Slug or Atmosphere

And that is about it... Now that I think about it, that is a short list sad.png

Oh yeah and Gavin Free at RTX

Edited by a Pegasus Pony

Depends on what you mean by a 'celebrity', and 'talked to', to be honest. Long time ago I used to work conventions and festivals, and regularly dealt with various actors (voice and live), artists, musicians and whatnot. Tends to be more 'Do you need another table for that stuff?' kind of thing when setting up the rooms for signing session and the like.

Like a lot of these folks their handlers get upset when you try to talk directly to the celeb, but the celeb is usually grateful to anyone that treats them like a human being capable of making decisions on their own for a change.

Well, my mother and I once had lunch with Iqbal Theba (he was/is [i don't know, is that show still running?] the principal on "Glee") who was friends with my mother in college. But other than that the only interaction I've had with anyone with any sort of fame is shaking Mark Harmon's hand and having my day directly inconvenienced by Mr. President.

First of all, these two awesome people.

cIwhCtr.jpg

I also got to talk with Tara Strong for a little bit. I don't have a picture with her but I bought a signed notebook and pen set from her that, among other things, were being sold for charity. Other than that, most have been through Twitter.

Let's see. I was taught by a former pianist diva named Valerie Tryon; who performed regularly for the BBC Proms as one of England's finest pianists, I met a decently famous conductor named Jahja Ling through my dad, and one of Indonesia's most famous worked with my dad at one point; I met him when I was a wee tyke too.

• Brohoof 2

We-ll, I have not talked to Meghan, Lauren, Tara, Andrea... wow, I haven't spoken with anyone on the MLP crew, like, ever.

I wish I had the chance to, though, or even to meet other celebrities. That would be really cool.

The closest I've gotten to talking to any kind of celebrity is chatting with YouTube celebs. I talked with InTheLittleWood (Martyn) of the yogscast and I've also gotten the chance to talk to SoTotallyToby. They both played on the minecraft server I used to play on :P

• Brohoof 1

Let's see...something that has nothing to do with conventions...

A few years ago I got roped into something lame, but then ended up meeting Tony Blair.  Another time I was having dinner at some restaurant in a backwoods town out in the middle of nowhere, when Tommy Lee Jones showed up with some friends/family.  I waved, but didn't want to bother him, because the dude was just trying to have dinner.  He talks exactly like his characters, which was kind of funny to hear in real life.

Hmmm...Let's see.

• I haven't talked to her but I have been within 5 feet of Miranda Cosgrove. 
  • I've said to Kellie Pickler before
  • I've met Danny Gokey from American Idol too. 
  • I've met the Falling in Reverse band members.
  • I've met the Motionless in white band members too.

I haven't meet anybody who is really "celebrity" like as you can tell. Meeting Motionless in white (a favorite band of mine) was pretty cool though.