Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had a previous relationship that you seriously regretted?

Emiko Gale

No, not yet. And I don't think I would want to know how it would feel, the ponies I have talked to who have been through this kind of thing are very heartbroken because of this, and I feel very bad for them.

I am currently in a great relationship with Twilight, and I don't think I would ever regret meeting her.

• Brohoof 3

I've never been in a relationship myself, but I know a lot of people who deeply regret a specific relationship they've been in - almost always their first one. 

Until relatively recently I haven't had enough of a social life to have many regrettable relationships. I tend to be pretty choosy when it comes to picking someone to be close to, so maybe that helped. But mostly, having a sheltered life had its advantages. I was never in any big rush, so I didn't feel compelled to jump into any potentially bad situations.

• Brohoof 1

I dated a narcissist for around 2-3 months. They were among the  most miserable months of my life. She had to know everything I did when I did it. I was gaslighted, guilted, and manipulated into changing plans that didn't involve her either so that she could be involved, or to just go see her instead. I cut her out of my life after she flipped out on me because I went to see a friend whose dog had just died, and I got stalked for 3 years for my efforts.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely. Ex was a total control freak, everything had to be about her, and she was trying to turn me against my own friends in favour of her. Took about 3 months for the mask to fall off and for her to show what type of person she really was.

Not a day goes by where I regret ending it. :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by SnekEater

Regret dating my most recent ex,

They didn't abuse me...

but they did say to a full discord server that we meant nothing and they never loved me,

We were (fairly) good friends for almost a year, and I had to start falling inlove with them,

Well I do and I don't regret my experiences in the past.

My first ex definitely taught me to be a bit more selective about it, but she (transgender) was a freak. I'm glad it ended as soon as it did...

My second ex and I hardly even had much of a relationship. It lasted a couple of weeks before we called it off. Though it saved a lot of heartbreak.

My most recent ex, well, that one affected me a bit more. He and I had a great relationship that lasted a whole year. All the while I knew he was around another guy and I was okay with it. But then I called it off after the love stopped. He went berserk for very little reason, accusing me of being shallow and superficial. We got over it though. The lesson I learned here was to take my time. It went too fast.

Though now I'm looking for a fourth... Hopefully it goes better next time... -__-

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen
It seems to have :)

I had had an ex what I dated for a while until she got very obsessive. She wasn’t controlling but she wanted to know what I was doing every day and what I was thinking. She also called a lot even when she knew I was busy with school work. One night she wanted me to tell her a story so she could go to sleep. I repeatedly told her that I was busy working on a report for school that I had to finish that night but she didn’t listen and still wanted her sorry. After that I broke things off with her.

My ex who I dated for nearly two years cheated on me. I'm not nearly the same person I was before then, so I'm not sure whether or not I actually regret it. I went through an overwhelming amount of pain that I'll probably never fully recover from, but I'm happy with the person I've become because of that experience, so it's hard to say that I wish I'd never dated her.

Well, decided to finally get this off my chest.I regret my most recent relationship with a member on this forum. This was a relationship that i put a lot of time and effort because i actually LIKED the person. It was very tough seeing it end so quickly despite my best effort to keep it going. However what later angered me was the reason why she decided to break up. And that reason was due to her political views. I personally don't give a fuck about politics (whether you're a democrat or republican I really don't care). I even told her that and she assured me that our relationship wouldn't end due to politics (jeez,what a fucking hypocrite). when she broke up with me she used a pitiful excuse that because she was in a certain political party she didn't want to deal with fights brought on by politics. Which is so Goddamn stupid because there is no such thing as a perfect relationship there is bound to be fights. Also because i genuinely didn't care, I believed when you like someone you wouldn't care about petty little things such as politics. I found it extremely hypocritical how she used politics as an excuse to break up and I definitely regret ever dating her and wasting my time on someone who wasn't worth it. 

The lyrics to the song I posted above pretty much sums up most of what I felt after this ordeal.

Edited by Messy Mane
  • Brohoof 1

I never been to one but I did liked someone but man what a bitch. It made me glad she rejected me because.. whew. 

• 2 months later...

My worst relationship only lasted a few months. The lass seemed really sweet at first, but she got really clingy. Really, REALLY clingy. Like calling me 10 times a day and blowing up my phone with texts at all hours clingy. She would become hysterical if she found out I was hanging out with some of my female friends and threatened to do shit like cut herself if I ever cheated on her. I tried to get her to see a psychiatrist, but she refused at every turn. Most unpleasant break up ever. I did what I could.

Yandere can be fun and cute in anime, but IRL it's a fucking nightmare.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I technically haven't been in a relationship, but I regret falling in love with a girl I met once. She said she loved me back, but I never figured out if she truly meant it or not. I just know that she was using me and ditched me when she found someone better.

Edited by Cash In