Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pointless Ponies Update

StatManDan

So I'm nearly halfway towards a 100 respondents for my new Pointless Ponies survey. This is a reminder that the survey will continue to be open until August 13th. I hope to run this game at BronyCAN on August 19th-21st in Richmond, BC.

Again, these are general knowledge questions and it's sort of an open book survey in which you can look up the answers online through places like the MLP Wiki or the IMDb. 

The reason I give 100 seconds for each question is that if I didn't have a time limit, then people would take their time to get all the answers and that defeats the purpose a bit. 

Once again, the survey is open until August 13th:  

Thank you,
StatManDan

Bronies,

My panel application for “Pointless Ponies” has been approved for BronyCAN on August 19-21. Tentatively, the game is set for Friday, August 19th, but date and time will be finalized in the weeks to come. I still have a live survey out and it would be appreciated if you could participate:

Please read each question carefully as some questions require you to come up with as many answers as you can in 100 seconds. You may also look up answers to questions on sites such as the MLP Wiki or the IMDb. 

Again, the goal is to get at least 100 respondents to this survey. Please feel free to share this survey with someone who might be interested in taking part. The survey will remain open until Saturday, August 13th.

Thank you,
StatManDan
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to another Pointless Ponies Update. There are still two live surveys which will be active until August 13th. I am going to run the show at BronyCAN tentatively set for Friday, August 19th. In this update, I am going to drop some helpful hints to the survey questions to help you along. 

Survey #3:  http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2850155/Pointless-Ponies-3

Question 1 is self-explanatory. The best place to find the answers is Ponycons.com. Again, I'm looking for US States or Canadian provinces that have hosted a Brony convention since 2011. This excludes My Little Pony Fair since that is officially sponsored by Hasbro.

Question 2 is about the Bronies React videos by AC Racebest. Simply go to YouTube and search the Bronies React videos. 

Watch "Luna Eclipsed" for Question 3 and "Scare Master" for Question 4.

Question 5 deals with the Chapter Books by GM Berrow. Just looking to fill in the blanks for the titles.

Question 6 deals with episodes in which at least four of the Mane Six do not appear in the episode. The MLP Wiki (mlp.wikia.com) is the best place to search character appearances.

The MLP Wiki can also be your guide for Question 7 as well.

Question 8 is any show or comic book staff that has ever appeared at a BronyCon. Ponycons.com has a tab for guests and their convention appearances.

Survey #4:  http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2897108/Pointless-Ponies-4

Question 1 is like the first question in Survey #3, but it deals with those staged outside the US and Canada. Again, go to Ponycons.com. 

Question 2 requires using this map:   http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/10/official-map-of-equestria-updated.html. 

Go to imdb.com or Wikipedia to look up the parts to Question 3. Please note the dates if mentioned.

Answers for Questions 4, 5, and 6 can be found in the episodes mentioned or on the MLP Wiki.

I understand that these surveys are challenging, but then again, that's the point. There are no opinion-based questions on Pointless, all the questions are fact-based. The reason for the time limit is that I don't want you spending all day digging for the answers. The challenge is to try to come up with as many as you can think of in a given amount of time. Once time expires on a question, it automatically sends you to the next question, so please continue on. 

With new episodes airing between now and August 13th, they could add answers to any question in Surveys 3 or 4. The reason there are two surveys live is that I can mix and match questions from either survey, or from the two past surveys. The questions used at BronyCAN and hopefully for Ponyville Ciderfest in October won't be known until the time of the game. 

Hope the hints help and good luck with the surveys.

StatManDan