Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

news Britain has left the EU, your thoughts?

Xylosian

(edited)

I'm glad my fellow British brothers and sisters have left the EU. But I would like to know what are your thoughts, I know there is a couple british bronies on this website.

No heated arguements please.

Edited by Xylosian
  • Brohoof 6

I still think its a little too soon to all it in favour of Leave just yet. we may be ahead by 3-4% but thats still awfully close if you ask me. I do hope leave wins though.

• Brohoof 1

I would say, while the markets have been damaged, we have received in return something far, far more valuable; freedom. No longer will we be tied down by EU trade restrictions, no longer vulnerable to the catastrophic changes that TTIP would bring. No longer exposed to uncontrollable immigration that is ruining our national services, education and healthcare. I see it not as leaving the EU, but re-emerging into the world market. We Brits have always thrived in uncertainty and chaos, and this will be no different. I harbor no doubts on it, why should I? We were the greatest nation ever to exist on the planet, and even if but dregs remain of that, we'll do fine.

God save the Queen.

• Brohoof 11

As a Canadian, I only hope to see positive results of them leaving the EU. As the only positive thing I saw with the EU is just better collaboration and trade between the united countries under the EU (you may politely correct me if I'm wrong).

• Brohoof 3

I voted Leave solely on the fact that the EU we have today is not the EU we joined all those years ago.

Back when the EU promoted trade and collaboration between member states, that was a nice idea.

Then some idiot tried to make a political entity out of it and the whole thing went to s**t. 

• Brohoof 3

I did vote for leave as well and I'm glad the results were shown. Now Britain has the freedom to build relationships to other countries like Australia. It's like a bird who was raised by it's mother and begun to fly out of it's nest for the first time to see the world.

• Brohoof 5

I do find it rather amusing that as the leave vote seems every more likely, MSN topics on the subject have Nigel Farage laughing like a manic on their thumbnails. :P

• Brohoof 2

I do find it rather amusing that as the leave vote seems every more likely, MSN topics on the subject have Nigel Farage laughing like a manic on their thumbnails.

Aye, well he's got such a great smile. Just as impressive in person, I can tell you.

Nigel_Mc_Queen.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Canadian here. I'm not at all surprised, really. Britain was getting the shaft from the EU on issues like number of refugees they were being told to take and bailouts to bankrupt EU members like Greece. The only thing that surprises me about the result is that Germany didn't do it first.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

If the British people are gullible enough to buy into the nationalist tripe that's being peddled by hucksters like Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson, maybe Europe is better off without them. If anything, Britain leaving the EU will benefit the EU, since foreign businesses will start moving their European offices out of London and into cities like Amsterdam and Frankfurt. In addition, British trade with the European mainland will decrease, giving an opportunity for the weaker members of the EU (such as Spain, Italy, Greece, etc.) to fill the gap left by Britain. With Britain no longer a part of the EU, the US will be able to increase its influence on Britain and will no doubt be more than willing to increase its exports to Britain to make up for all the European goods that will no longer be flowing into Britain. The only party that will suffer in the long-run is Britain itself.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Britain is screwed. Here's why.

"The british have an inate desire to tell the EU to go fuck itself."

That's actually true. Tho the EU is a fault too. Cameron tried to get a better deal with the EU that would calm the angry elements of the british public but they just fucked him off. They underestimated just how upset some of the British public are at the EU.

Also, for the record a few papers did point out the 350mil a week number was inaccurate, but by this point it could have been 350p and people would still vote leave.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 4

Glorious! I'm glad there is at least one nation on Earth with some sense left, even if nobody else has any. My congratulations to all our British brothers and sisters for this great new triumph!

If the British people are gullible enough to buy into the nationalist tripe that's being peddled by populist hucksters like Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson, then maybe Europe is better off without them. If anything, Britain leaving the EU will benefit the EU, since foreign businesses will start moving their European offices out of London and into cities like Amsterdam and Frankfurt. The only party that will suffer in the long-run is Britain itself.

This can only be true if we assume that no other nations in Europe will attempt to exit the EU.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Seems like EU wants to become a new Soviet Union of sorts, becoming some sort of quasi-superstate with pseudo-integration and poorly-managed fund transfers/regional development, and we all know that works out great right guys? 

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 7

This can only be true if we assume that no other nations in Europe will attempt to exit the EU.

In the long run, the EU may actually benefit from shedding countries outside of the "European core." All the EU really needs to remain a viable political force are France, the Benelux Countries and Germany.

• Brohoof 2

But that's the thing.. The next step for the UK is to negotiate the terms concerning their withdrawal, and you can be sure that the EU will have very harsh terms in order to discourage other countries from leaving. The UK didn't listen despite all the warnings. They will no longer have access to the European market. The Pound has taken a huge dive. It's a financial suicide for the UK..but yes, they are free indeed. Free to drown. 

(edited)

Seems like EU wants to become a new Soviet Union of sorts, becoming some sort of quasi-superstate with pseudo-integration and poorly-managed fund transfers/regional development, and we all know that works out great right guys? 

Indeed. The EU looks great as an idea on paper, but that is just it. People and nations don't act like numbers on a piece of paper

The next step for the UK is to negotiate the terms concerning their withdrawal, and you can be sure that the EU will have very harsh terms in order to discourage other countries from leaving. 

And in doing so, it will real its true colours. That it is a dictatorship by another name. Which is what alot of brits here believe it is. It is ruled by people we do not elect. Besides. the EU talks as if it is the only place on the planet. Britain can trade with other countries, even if the EU does try to punish us. 

Besides, other countries have started wanting referendums too, so good luck to everyone living in that house of cards XD

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

@@boiteporte,

The UK is the EU's largest importer, with about 15-16% of all European goods being sent to this country. It wouldn't be us committing financial suicide, it'd be them. We're but one country, and there are 27 others still in the EU. There's no way they can afford a 15% loss on trade exports across such a large number of states. Germany alone would lose more than 89 billion euros, with France close to that number too.

But by all means, if they want to cut off one of their largest trading partners to spite their own face, they're welcome to it.

• Brohoof 4

In the long run, the EU may actually benefit from shedding countries outside of the "European core." All the EU really needs to remain a viable political force are France, the Benelux Countries and Germany.

Not for long my friend, not for long.

post-36577-0-81574200-1466748103_thumb.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

So long as this weird corporate amalgamation consists exclusively of Germany, Germany, and Germany, there's no reason for anyone to care.

But that's the thing.. The next step for the UK is to negotiate the terms concerning their withdrawal, and you can be sure that the EU will have very harsh terms in order to discourage other countries from leaving. The UK didn't listen despite all the warnings. They will no longer have access to the European market. The Pound has taken a huge dive. It's a financial suicide for the UK..but yes, they are free indeed. Free to drown. 

The UK was very much a necessary part of Oceania I mean the EU. Of course there will be those who try to make an example of everything that goes wrong in the UK for years now, but they would have done that anyway had the referendum failed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So, a lot of firms are considering pulling out of the UK as a result and again, the Pound has taken a huge dive. The worst one so far. Which means that things are going to get more expensive for people in the UK.

Edited by boiteporte

So, a lot of firms are considering pulling out of the UK as a result and again, the Pound has taken a huge dive. The worst one so far. Which means that things are going to get more expensive for people in the UK.

It was stupidly expensive before anyway, and the goverment keeps taxing the s**t out of us all the time. Believe me, we're used to being screwed over by the EU. It least we *voted* to get boned this time.

Besides, if we're good at anything, its scrimping. I myself am a professional miser XD 

• Brohoof 1