Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity's Background

Chrysalisa

I feel like Rarity would have had some kind of idol she looked up to since her parents don't seem to share the same characteristics of her. That idol may have had the same type of accent she has now since her parents don't have that accent as well. I'm just speculating with what little information I have on her.

Sweet Home Chicago

Based on her parents' accents, dress and behavior (and the background music) in Sisterhooves Social, I suspect Rarity is from Chicago, or the pony equivalent of Chicago...

Exhibit A: Rarity's parents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lCBPaNE12w

Exhibit B: Typical Chicagoans enjoying fine cuisine.

Though she no doubt loves her family, Rarity seems more than eager to put her humble past behind her -- and probably her mother's cooking as well.

Best ponies come from Best City.  :rarity:

This just makes me wonder why rarity has a british accent but her parents and sister don't.

sig-4308510.img-337017-1-F1MVUNDGZKG37BW

Her accent is Transatlantic. It's an acquired accent created during Golden Age Hollywood for celebrities to mirror the posh accents of British Royalty, without sacrificing the ideals of American Individualism. 

In my headcanon, during her Dad's hoofball games, Rarity was babysat by teenage Shining Armor, with whom she developed a crush. She was "crushed" when she found out he liked Cadance.  

Edited by Dinos4Ever