Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of brony are you?

HoovesOnIce

I would say I'm a casual-hardcore brony

I have a far bit of merch, whether it be shirts, plushies, posters etc.

I make songs every once and a while, I visit this forum basically everyday, I hang out with other cronies often, and I watch new eps when they come out but I don't really rewatch many episodes and I haven't been to any conventions yet.

(can't wait for PonyConAU 16)

(edited)

Super casual. I dont even really like or use the term "brony". I think it is super cringy and also used to describe hardcore fans, and I am only here to enjoy the show.

I catch up in the episodes and own a few shirts, but other than that I rarely involve myself in show discussions, roleplay, and activities. I honestly think 99% of the fandom is really cringy and terrible, and the only way I would ever go to a convention is if I had the opportunity to DJ a show at one.

I enjoy the art, and of course I like to doodle myself, but I would never think of myself as highly involved in the fandom.

Edited by DuskRain
  • Brohoof 1

I still really love the show and get excited for it every Saturday.  I have a few plushies, but I probably won't grow my collection any more.  I've never really gotten deep in the fandom, MLP Forums is the only website I actively participate in the fandom with.  But I am on here a lot.  

I'm not sure what kind of brony that makes me.  I guess a little more than casual?  

I'm more of a casual fan I'll watch the show, read fanfiction and go on forums but I don't think I'll Collect any merchandise or attend any conventions anytime soon unless my interest grows in mlp

(edited)

I'd say I'm pretty dedicated.

I've been watching the show for two years now and I'm not sure how much I've spent on pony stuff but I know it's several hundred by now.

I've also been to a pony convention and I have a ticket for another this year :)

Edited by Sonic Shimmer
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would say I'm a casual/hardcore brony. I collect merchandise, I have some brony friends, I've watched the show for around 4 years and I've been to a brony convention. 

I could say I'm on the intermediate level of being a brony. I've been a brony for over 4 years and I hardly ever disliked any episode due to the fact I love the show so much. I've got Tia and Luna plushies, but nothing besides that. I'm not going around the town in a pony t-shirt showing off. I'm really into reading fan fiction and I guess that's the part I love the most.
I've been to one brony convention, but didn't really like that. Our convention standards in Poland aren't so high. But I've definitely seen people obsessed with the show a lot more than me. I am able to criticize the show and anything pony related, so I guess I'm not the hardcore brony.

I'm sure someone has asked this before but what kind of brony do you see yourself as?  Do you find yourself to be more casual of one where you just enjoy the show and sometimes talk to the community or are you pretty hardcore and have tons of merch and constantly being connected with other bronies.  I'm sure there are many more times of bronies besides just casual and hardcore so be descriptive. I'd like to know how to view your pony loving self as. ;)

More of a casual brony, till my oc is done that is.

(edited)

I am somewhere between those two opposites. On one hand I frigging love the show, with me referencing the show whenever I can (like deciding to name an Argentavis that's experiencing a very colourful texture glitch Rainbow Dash, despite my friend's objections). On the other hand I don't own merch or go to conventions, mainly because A. my family doesn't know I watch the show, nor do I intend on letting them know I do, and B. conventions aren't my thing anyway.

Edited by FluffyGoat13

Still a brony for almost 5 years. I continue to watch one episode each week and to read comics and fanfics. I even translate some fanfics in French.

I have some pony merch, the mane 6 in plushies, some badges, one pillow, two books, and of course the dvds of seasons and movies.

I listen to mlp music a lot, but still less than Sonic music.

I met some bronies at a meet-up but I don't feel really connected a lot to the community though.

I'm a fan who hasn't missed an episode in about 2 years, reads fanfics, watches a lot of brony YouTubers, and can't get enough pony music, but doesn't own any merchandise and has never been to a convention. Until very recently, I was a sort of shut-in brony who didn't really try to get to know the community. The show was like a secret hobby that I never discussed outside of the wonderful world of YouTube comments. The only brony I have ever personally known is someone who left the fandom before I even joined. I'm starting to break out of my shell, though, which is one reason why I finally joined this forum.

after several years as the activity coordinator for a club, I moved, and started my own club.  

If I wasn't ferociously in love with it, i'd never have gone through that aggravation.  totally worth.

• 1 month later...

I'm some where in the middle. I get super hyped and obsessed when I do read fanfiction, watch my little pony, and love equestria girls. I do fall out here and there. But the show has helped me in dark and happy times. So I say I'm a moderate fan :3

Aside from while on the internet, it is impossible to know I'm a brony, as I own no merchanfise or anything of the sort. On the internet, I'd say somewhere on the high end of casual. I watch show, browse through forums, listen to fan music sometimes, read some fanfics every once in a while, or even dabble in trying to write and then get bored... But it's not 75% of my day or anything.

I'm the kind that mostly dislikes other Bronies because they seem to confuse being a fan of a TV show with some kind of human rights issue. People making fun of you for what you like has been around for centuries yet Bronies seem to take it as an assault upon their very soul. Are you so thin-skinned or do you just not have much else going on in regards to your interior life?

I'm defenitly a fandom brony. I had a friend tell me about the bronie fandom and I always wanted to be part of a 'weird fandom' so my first thought was "I want to be a brony!" so I became one. I still haven't watched all the episodes... 

if it wasn't for the brony fandom I wouldn't have been a brony or stayed one :D

All I have to say is:

What?  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are a dragon and have not even seen all the episodes yet? Or is this just an old post?  :confused:

All I have to say is:

What?  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are a dragon and have not even seen all the episodes yet? Or is this just an old post?  :confused:

That was posted on June 29.

Hmm... I like to call myself an Extremist, but I'm probably far from it. 

I've collected quite a bit of merch, have no problem running around in pony apparel. If I watch TV, I'm 90% of the time watching MLP. (Memorizing the episodes is a great way to figure what vectors to use) If you ever went to a McDonald's and heard the MLP theme being screamed out over thirty or so people, it's probably me. I've watched every episode on time and live-streamed no matter the circumstance. I write fanfictions like a job, and listen to Brony music as my major source of tunes. Would I talk about the show 24/7? Nah. Would I try to draft my friends into it? Sure thing!

I'd have to go with something like a Collected Extremist. Not too fanatic, but not too casual. 

Edited by RealityPublishing
  • Brohoof 1