Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Have You Ever/Do You Struggle With Bad Skin?

Venomous

Have you ever or do you currently struggle with bad skin? i.e: blemishes, scars, etc.?

(edited)

I have quite a few scars all over my whole body. When I was younger, I'd practice sword fighting A LOT. Started out with bamboo sticks, eventually upgraded to the real deal, and I have the scars to prove I wasn't very good when I started out... lol. Don't worry though, nothing fatal. Though some of them do look gruesome.. Should take some pictures and post them... Where's that damn camera...

Oh, and don't worry. I eventually got better at it. Duel me now, though... You'd be the one with the scars... :orly:

And I have a few surgical scars....

As for conditional scars (scars caused by things such as acne), I don't have any.

Edited by ~ Akatsuki ~

I did when I was young. Nowadays I paint over it if something breaks out. I've got much better tools for it now than I did when I was a teenager. I would love to do something about the little circles trying to form under my eyes. I tried some of the Eyeliss stuff but it didn't do anything for me. 

I don't really have any scars that show, at least as far as I'm aware. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've got a few scars from past bike crashes, rock climbing, and just being a stupid kid in general. I don't consider those bad skin because the way I see it, they add character. 

I do get really bad eczema sometimes. It doesn't happen randomly, so it normally isn't a problem, but when I do have a break out it gets pretty bad. 

Edited by El Duderino

My skin is far from perfect. I have nicks and cuts, bruises and scars that mar it, be it from accidents, brawling, or whatever. Doesn't really bother me. Most of my injuries have healed rather fairly, so I don't feel too bothered by all this.

Not much anymore. Of course, during my period it's always some popping up here and there on my chin, but I usually get rid of them p fast anyway. Got so many good creams and stuff. Thumbs up!

When I was younger, I had issues with the skin more often.

Working a stocking job has ruined my poor hands forever. They're always dry. During the winter they periodically get so dry that they bleed. Lotion can only help so much. >.<

I'm hoping to see them return to normal this fall when I'm no longer stocking.

Eh, kinda.

Don't think this is disgusting but I've had a wart on my finger before and I somehow managed to (here comes the disgusting part) "pluck" the wary off. And then I got a bump on my pinkie surgically removed.

I used to have moderate acne but my doctor prescribed me Isotrex gel

isotrex-500x500.jpg

That cleared my skin very well. I don't use it anymore but I don't need to, I'll get the occasional pimple now but that's it.

well when i was 4 i fell on a piece of metal and i got a scar on my eyebrow now, it aint nice to walk around with half your eyebrow bald and sometimes it hurts to touch

i also have chicken skin on my arms, legs and cheeks so yep yep that aint fun either

scars

Giving birth has earned me a scar or two, yes. I would also remark that high levels of bilirubin does't exactly make for a normal looking complexion. Of course, I say that realizing that I have the profile picture of a yellow girl. All of a sudden that irony is amusing to me. 

• 3 months later...

I have terrible uneven skin tone around my T-Zone. Due to natural oils, it causes redness and it makes me look unwell. I can't seem to find a solution for it.  :ooh:

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...

I've had many issues with acne over the years, as well as rashes. It doesn't help that I have a ton of razor bumps on my neck.

I've had a couple of odd things here and there in the past that just disappeared on its own. I remember in my early teens I used to break out in a rash all over my face and arms whenever I apparently got excited about something. Used to have to take Piriton allergy pills to get rid of it. It was pretty strange, it wasn't caused by anything I ate or touched. It just happened when I was triggered by something that put me in good spirits. At some point it just stopped.

I've suffered from acne/spots during my teens which is standard. Currently I have a bit of an acne/spot problem, but that's my own fault because I've been craving chocolate lately. Chocolate always sets my skin off when I eat too much. It goes away soon enough though.

The one thing I do despise is the dark under my eyes. Make up can be good for hiding it though. But it would be nice if I just didn't have it.

Scars isn't a problem.. having dry skin  is, which is mostly during winter. Lotions like golden bond  or cetaphil helps. 

I have had really bad acne since I can remember.. it finally has gotten better after my 20’s.. 

I also have like an indent/scar thing from my grandma dog biting me in the face... its permanent.

• 3 months later...