Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever talk to yourself aloud?

Grepper

Oh yeah, I talk to myself all the time. Helps me think better when I vocalize my thoughts, makes writing dialogue easier when I say it out loud and in general is how I respond to things. Yet, my family has yet to pick up on this fact, as they constantly ask me "Who you talking to?"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I do this all the time, especially when I'm playing a video game it almost sounds like I'm doing a commentary youtube video. I"d even might make a good youtuber if I wasn't so shy about recording myself.

Edited by Coco Crusoe

I've talked to myself since I was very little. It's such an ingrained habit that I can't stop. Not that I really try. Like when I'm grocery shopping. I tend to produce a running commentary.

"I better head to the coffee aisle now. Then maybe think about something for dessert."

This is actually a sample of what I do. I know it makes me sound weird, but so what?

^_^

Oh, and here's a quote I picked up years ago. My dad always laughs when I say it to him when he catches me talking to myself.

"The trouble with talking to yourself is that half the time you know what you're going to say next."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
I talk to myself all the time. What's worse is I actually respond like I am talking to someone else... Edited by YouMayNykki
  • Brohoof 1

Sometimes I do and sometimes I feel ridiculous afterwards. Not every time though, sometimes I even have short conversations with myself especially when I need the courage to do something.

Yeah, I do it quite a lot actually. Mostly I do it to process my thoughts like you while other times I just do it to act out scenes and see if they sound on the mark for comics, fanfics or other stuff I'm doing. Other times, I just do it for fun.  :lol:

Yes, i talk to myself and i also talked to myself loudly, when i was recording my Radio Plays on Tape.

But i dont do that anymore.

Well, i still talk to myself now, but more quiet.

(edited)

I talk to myself out loud all the time. Sometimes I even yell at myself. Speaking to myself is a good way for me to clarify my thoughts, and speaking it aloud sometimes helps me to process it efficiently. It's almost like taking visual notes, only this way it's audio notes instead. People may think I'm eccentric raving in my solitude, but at least I'm raving intelligently.   

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, most of the time I do talk to myself out loud when I'm alone. I do sometimes accidentally when I'm around other people but I tend to catch myself and pretend like nothing happened.

Yes, I talk to myself aloud like there's no tomorrow. I say things that have no point, like "K I'm gonna turn on my Wii U", or maybe I might aggressively talk to myself in third person when I want to motivate myself, often to place well in online Smash 4 tournaments.

I used to, but now I'm paranoid of someone else hearing, even if I'm home alone, so while I may whisper to myself every now and again, my anxiety doesn't let me speak out loud anymore.