Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever talk to yourself aloud?

Grepper

A lot. If I'm alone or I feel bored or anything like that, I like to pretend I'm talking to somepony else by talking to myself or I just rant on and off to myself, which happens all the time.

I find myself doing th is all the time, as the OP stated, it helps me process my thoughts. I also find it a good way to pass the time when I'm alone - in other words, I speak to myself quite often!

Though I try to avoid doing it in public, I catch others staring at me whenever I get into a good conversation with myself!

• 3 months later...

I hardly talk at all. Never to myself unless I'm speaking an incantation, but that is only a small portion of them. I can't think and talk at the same time so it's difficult to have a conversation without stuttering a word or completely losing my awareness of the conversation. I should probably work on that.

My sister-in-law-to-be though. She will sit there and talk to herself for hours. I guess that's just how some people think. Couple weeks ago she was talking about needing to buy more bread as if she was sitting there explaining to someone what she planned on doing. Course I'm in my room with the door shut. I don't mind it. I don't really think it's weird. What bothers me is that she is almost yelling. Pretty loud. It's alright though. I love her all the same and I have headphones.

• Brohoof 1

I do it all the time and have done for about the last 25+ years or so. In my mind, I'm the perfect person to have a conversation with when it comes to me talking to someone else. Plus, I feel that I'm the only one who understands what I'm going through.

That's probably one of those things everyone does more than they like to admit (at least in real life, everyone here seems to be proud of it :fluttershy: ). Personally, I do it all the time when I'm alone,when I was a kid I used to whisper things all the time when I was alone in my room since my parents were always around, but ever since I moved out I've gotten a lot more of alone time so now I just speak like it is a normal conversation. Vocalizing my thoughts helps me organize them so that they don't get lost in the mess that my head sometimes is, it also helps me focus on the task at hand, it relieves stress and my own commentary keeps me entertained, not to mention it has improved my English pronunciation a lot. It's a habit that I don't think I'll ever break  :adorkable:  specially since it's actually really beneficial to my mind  :twi:

only when im trying to remember stuff like "ok so i got to get up at 6 tomorrow for work, better set my alarm and find my wallet, keys, licence.. anything else?"

I do it all the time. I do it so I could get myself in check. Like Luis you gotta make a change and you gotta remain motivated and tell myself what I'm gunna do the rest of the day and the upcoming days. Or if I'm having great ideas out of nowhere then I tell myself the ideas out loud to help the flow and execution of said ideas.

Also when I'm drinking and I'm drinking too much too fast then I go to the bathroom like "Luis you gotta chill out."

Luis is my first name XD