Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever talk to yourself aloud?

Grepper

The usual "Do you want that? No I don't - but wait yes you do" kind of self-dialogue that happens aloud when I'm doing shopping for example. For me inner dialogue is much more common though but in both cases I tend to berate myself quite a lot. The most common way of talking to myself aloud happens in the shower - I vent about how my day went and all kinds of other stuff as well.

I talk to myself regularly when no-one else is around to think it's creepy.

I converse with myself about things like the optimum way to go about completing a certain set of tasks and the work : relaxation ratio I need to complete my work while still resting enough to be healthy; basically subjects pertaining to how I organise my life. Occasionally I talk to my Rainbow Dash mini plushie about her amazing stress-relieving skills, just to mix things up a bit. :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I do it all the time...especially when I'm writing or typing.

In other cases, I just talk to myself to get myself psyched up or reduce my stress. Vocalizing seems to help me. XD

(note: I do it even in the presence of other people. :squee: )

Edited by Ruudo Burei

When I'm alone I have entire discussions with myself, alternately addressing myself directly or otherwise an imaginary audience. Whether it's at home or in the car, whenever I'm alone I get quite talkative.

• 2 years later...

Quite a lot, honestly. I talk to myself most of the time when I'm alone and sometimes aloud when I'm around people. They'll give me a few quizzical looks but have, for the most part, accepted it. I like to pretend I'm having a conversation with someone when I'm alone, and like to 'debate' things that I would otherwise never actually bring up in real conversation. I believe it helps me learn how to express myself better.

I talk to myself all the time. The people that know me are used to it. I've been known to actually sing my grocery note while doing the shopping. That's sort of hard to explain. A song will be on the speakers, and I'll make up new lyrics about what items I have to pick up next. That gets some looks, let me tell you!

(I know I'm weird, and totally accept it!)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 4 months later...

I talk to myself just the same as everyone else does, to help keep me focused on a task, and just in general because I have no one else to talk to.

I don't think I talk to myself all the time though.. It's mostly for reassuring myself when I'm stressing about something