Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure Silver Wind Alternate Time Lines

The Traveler Pony

(edited)

Silver Wind is my secondary pony OC who started as a crossover between MLP and The Silver Brumby. I have other stories based around him and my main OC The Traveler but this is the only pony related story I am happy with so far, to see the others though follow this link:  http://woodywoodwood.deviantart.com/gallery/43253796/literature

Anyway on with the story. 

Being connected to The Traveler has allowed Silver Wind to remember what happened to him and what he learnt from research in alternate time lines. This was an ability that Silver had not experienced until Starlight Glimmer went back in time and stopped the sonic rain boom form happening. It was a normal day doing cloud research in the Everfree forest then I blacked out.  

Alternate time line 1

I, Silver Wind, grew up in High Country in Horsestralia so the events that led up to the attack of the crystal empire did not affect me until I moved to my research station just outside of the Everfree forest on the edge of Ponyville. I moved there because I ran away from my responsibilities as a prince. I would not return until I felt I was strong enough to fight Brolga.

About a year after I arrived in Ponyville, there was a lot of fuss made about a royal wedding. However it ended in deserter the Princess had been switched for a Changeling Queen. The changelings took over canterlot but were defeated to when the real Princess Cadence sacrificed herself to save Canterlot.

When the crystal empire returned I researched the events that led up to this disaster. Nightmare Moon had returned a few years ago and had to be re-banished by Princess Celestia. This for some reason put her in to a depression and she closed off the castle and Royal Canterlot Gardens. 

It was then that I started to realise that thing were not the way that they should be. I started to remember things but would not remember everything until things were returned to normal. I was told by The Traveler Pony this was due to being connected to a time traveller but not being the one to time travel.

Researching Twilight Sparkle, I found very little. At the time I knew she was important but did not know why so I left her alone with her friends in Canterlot. Later I remembered how important Twilight was when and found out that by staying with her Canterlot friends Lyra Heartstrings never met Sweetie Drops. Therefore Sweetie Drops did not get distracted while guarding Cerberus.  This meant that Tirek never escaped.

At first the war with the crystal empire was going well, Celestia wielded the Elements of harmony and keep the Crystal solders at bay only the royal guards were needed to fight. However the elements of harmony seemed weaker than described in books. Some speculated that Celestia no longer held the correct mind set to wield them properly. At some point and for some unknown reason the Everfree forest started to attack Ponyville. Celestia left the battle field and entered the forest with the elements of harmony. Later she emerged without them.

The fighting took a turn for the worse after that. Normal ponies started to be recruited. I left my research and joined up. My skill in predicting and controlling wind direction came in handy and my academic background was useful. As a Prince I had been taught to fight as a colt. However my shining Silver mane drew lots of attention. This landed me a position as a military strategy general. I would ensure the wind was favourable to our troops and stay back giving orders. If the battle was not going well I would enter the fight.

I came to Ponyville to get stronger in order to fight Brolga. I should have been careful what I wished for. When Princess Celestia found out that I was a foreign prince she sent me back to Horsestralia to get reinforcements. I was battle hardened so my victory ageist Brolga assured. However the war had turned me into someone who did not leave his enemies alive. So I killed him and his loyal servant Arrowhead. I became king of the Brumbies. Appalled at what the war had done to me; I did not want to take my subjects into a war. I informed Celestia that I would send aid but not solders.

I was in the High Country palace a year later with Glistening Gold (my super special somepony) by my side. My brother, Storm Front came to me with a scroll. The scroll informed me of the progress of the crystal war in Equestria.  It was not going well, Celestia had no choice but to demand we send troops. Before I could decide I blacked out. 

Alternate time line 2           

I had vague memories of my last to lives but I was back as a colt about to leave for Equestria. Things were good when I first arrived, Nightmare Moon banished. Twilight sparkle was still living in Canterlot. However in less than a year things went downhill. The chaos spirit, Discord, came back somehow. Celestia was able to turn him back to stone using the elements of harmony. Considering the job of the elements done she returned them to the tree of harmony.

Peace and happiness rained though Equestria. In order to maintain peace the captain of the guard, a young stallion called Shining Armor, was sent to keep a watch out for the return of the Crystal Empire. With him went his fiancée Princess Cadence.

This was a bad thing when the Changelings attacked Canterlot. However, when the Crystal Empire returned it stood as a safe haven from the ponies that could make it there. Cadence and Shining Armor took it in turn to maintain a protection spell over the Crystal Empire however this meant that the rest of Equestria fell to the changelings.  

I was stuck on the wrong side of Equestria When the Crystal Empire appeared. I had been one of the first to flee into the Everfree forest and meet up with Zecora. I helped her build a village. I was unable to use my special talent to change the winds of the Everfree but I was able to teach ponies how to fight. It broke my heart to take ordinary ponies and turn them into worriers but it was what they needed to be in order to survive. I was out foraging when I heard the sound of battle coming from the camp. I rushed to help but blacked out.

Alternate time line 3

For some reason I came to Equestria a year earlier than I had remembered I could remember arriving here just after the 1000th summer sun celebration but that was next year. I could also vaguely remember thing being different than and doing stuff in the future.

The night of the summer sun celebration was when Princess Celestia was banished to the moon and Nightmare Moon took over. The borders with other counties were closed and we were forced to live in eternal night. I was unable to get back to Horsestralia. The citizens of Ponyville were force to rebuild the Castle that was in the Everfree frost and become the castle’s guard. This included me as my hut was situated just at the edge of Ponyville. 

When Nightmare Moon found out that I was a Prince from another land she threw me into the dungeon.  There I stayed my beautiful silver mane and tail cut as off as no pony could outshine Nightmare Moon. There I was imprisoned for years until one day a blanked out.

Alternate time line 4

Again I work up as a young colt about to arrive in Equestria with memories of times before when thing went differently.

Princess Luna was revived by the Celestia using the elements of harmony. Once this was done Celestia saw now more use for the elements of harmony. She reassigned Special agent Sweetie Drops to take the elements back to the tree of harmony and guard them there. However this allowed Cerberus to escape and therefore let out Tirek. He slowly gained strength.

Without the elements of harmony, Princes Luna sacrificed herself to defeat Discord. With Luna gone there happiness and love were in short supply the changelings decided not to invade a country with little happiness and instead went to invade Saddle Arabia. News of this reached Equestria and Shining Armor left Princess Cadence in charge of the Crystal Empire to lead an assault on the changelings.

Without discord gone it took longer for Tirek to take the power he needed to oppose Princess Celestia and Princess Cadence. With the army oversees and most ponies drained of their magic nothing could stop Tirek. As his path of destruction headed towards the Everfree Forest I fled but then blacked out.    

Alternate time line 5     

This sequence of events repeated itself a few more times with me living though a few years then blacking out and finding myself back at the beginning. Each time I remembered bits of each time. The last time this happened all the villains and problems happened all at once Nightmare Moon arrived; Discord was freed from stone; the changelings invaded; King Sombra and the Crystal empire returned earlier than I remembered; vines attacked from the Everfree forest and Tirek had escaped some years ago. This started all out war for power with Celestia and her subjects caught in the middle. Equestria was left in ruin and the war speed across the whole world. I only just survived by creating a strong wind current across the barren wasteland that use to be Equestria; a wind that only I could predict and control. It seemed selfish and cruel but it was every pony for themselves. There was no harmony, no friendship just survival. This went on for years until one day I blacked out.

Back to normal

I came round I was already living in Equestria and had been for some time. I could remember perfectly what had happed in this time line and was in the middle of the wind experiment. The Castle of Friendship was in the distance. I needed to go talk to Princess Twilight.  I had memories of events from all the time lines I had experienced and might need some therapy and a spar treatment after I find out what just happened.  

for visual reference this is what Silver Wind looks like normally, I have been planning to draw each alternative version of him but have not got round to it  

post-38538-0-12084000-1467149173_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Traveler Pony