Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What phone do you have?

Member Berry

An LG Stylo. I've had it for about 5 years, but it took one too many drops a few days ago. The screen is shattered.  :(

5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3....I really REALLY need a new phone. 

I'm in the same boat. I don't change phones until the current one breaks.  :twismile:

Motorola Droid Turbo 2. I love it and when I get a new phone I want it to be one of these if the provider will allow it. I don't really like change in the first place but this phone is just perfect. Just, mine is getting old.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

iPhone XR. Got it about 2 weeks ago I think?I kinda miss having a ‘home button’ though. The little bar at the bottom of the screen in photo mode always being there is a massive pain. As is waiting for it to disappear in landscape mode when watching a video after going ahead in it or just starting to watch it. And the fact that the battery percentage is only viewable if you swipe down to see the control panel for it. Aside from that it’s pretty nice. I have a pretty cool case for it. It’s clear but has glitter and some sort of liquid that you can shake and make go up and down with it. The big star glittery things glow in the dark too kinda. 

• 1 month later...

I upgraded to an LG V20 after my G3 bit the dust. The secondary display is surprisingly useful, and it's the first phone I've owned that I have trouble finding things I don't like about it.

Spoiler

LG-V20-1.thumb.jpg.e0f926e54da9823c70e6728614021233.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have a blue Samsung Galaxy A50.
It's got 4 GB of RAM, 128 GB of storage, 4 separate 25MP cameras on the front and back and fingerprint/face recognition. Love this thing. 
:ph3ar:

Image result for samsung galaxy a50 blue

• 1 month later...

Nokia E90 as personal phone and Nokia E51 for work (and Nokia 1100 as kind-of backup work phone). I dislike the modern touchscreen phones. I also kinda dislike both Android and iOS. If I need to, I can just use a pocket PC (GPD Win, GPD microPC) to browse the internet etc. 

I have a Moto g7. Got it a few months ago when my Honor 8 suddenly stopped holding a charge for more than half an hour. Apparently it's a common problem with that phone after about 2 years... plus there has been a lot of concern about Chinese phones after it came out that they were being used to spy. :bea: But I'm really liking what I have now so the upgrade was worth it.

I'm currently using a Blackberry PRIV (2015), it's a good android phone, but I'm wanting to downgrade at some point,
Either to the Nokia 6303c, or the Nokia E51,
as the E51 looks to be a good phone, and I have good experience with the 6303c,
I'd try to get a GPD for on the go internet usage, but I currently can't afford one yet

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, Prometheus said:

I have a blue Samsung Galaxy A50.
It's got 4 GB of RAM, 128 GB of storage, 4 separate 25MP cameras on the front and back and fingerprint/face recognition. Love this thing. 
:ph3ar:

Image result for samsung galaxy a50 blue

I think that's the same as what @Sondash Studios uses

8 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Nokia E90 as personal phone and Nokia E51 for work (and Nokia 1100 as kind-of backup work phone). I dislike the modern touchscreen phones. I also kinda dislike both Android and iOS. If I need to, I can just use a pocket PC (GPD Win, GPD microPC) to browse the internet etc. 

I'm planning on doing the same to be honest

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Sherbert MGS said:

I'm planning on doing the same to be honest

Nice, I won't be alone :twismile:

Nokia E90, to me, is pretty much the best phone I know of. I can write SMS with its keyboard, it has GPS and it also has limited ability to browse the net. And I found an ssh client that works on it. However, if you want to connect a PC to the internet using this phone, you can, but it will be slow. I have a separate mobile AP for that (and a cheap service since I do not use it much).

For work (calls and SMS), I used Nokia 1100 for a long time, but then I had to upgrade to Nokia E51 because there was a need to use VoIP for calls (and 1100 cannot do that). There is no longer such requirement, but I still use this phone for another reason - I can use bluetooth to connect it to my headset instead of wearing out the port on the 1100 (which I had to replace once, I also had to replace the plug a couple of times - 2.5mm jack is not very durable). I still use the 1100 for other stuff though.

As for the mini PCs - IMO they are much better than smartphones because they are full featured PCs with full OS (Windows or Linux) instead of limited devices with "apps". And they still fit in my pocket (unlike, say, a tablet). So, if I want to browse the net I get the normal site instead of the "mobile" version or I can do whatever I can do with my normal laptop (even if it is less convenient to type on a tiny keyboard).

12 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Nice, I won't be alone :twismile:

Nokia E90, to me, is pretty much the best phone I know of. I can write SMS with its keyboard, it has GPS and it also has limited ability to browse the net. And I found an ssh client that works on it. However, if you want to connect a PC to the internet using this phone, you can, but it will be slow. I have a separate mobile AP for that (and a cheap service since I do not use it much).

For work (calls and SMS), I used Nokia 1100 for a long time, but then I had to upgrade to Nokia E51 because there was a need to use VoIP for calls (and 1100 cannot do that). There is no longer such requirement, but I still use this phone for another reason - I can use bluetooth to connect it to my headset instead of wearing out the port on the 1100 (which I had to replace once, I also had to replace the plug a couple of times - 2.5mm jack is not very durable). I still use the 1100 for other stuff though.

As for the mini PCs - IMO they are much better than smartphones because they are full featured PCs with full OS (Windows or Linux) instead of limited devices with "apps". And they still fit in my pocket (unlike, say, a tablet). So, if I want to browse the net I get the normal site instead of the "mobile" version or I can do whatever I can do with my normal laptop (even if it is less convenient to type on a tiny keyboard).

Yeah^^

I've looked at the E90, and it looks like I have to agree with you!

Well atleast you don't need to replace the headphone jack as much any more!

And it'd be good if Mini PCs were phones too, wouldn't it?

• Brohoof 1