Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep with the door open or closed?

DubWolf

Ohh no, that door has to be closed at all times. Ever since I was little, I was paranoid about leaving the door open at night. During the day, I also prefer to have my own privacy. I'd rather someone knock than to just walk right on in. :proud: 

• Brohoof 1

I choose to close my door. It makes my room seem more secure. I'm not afraid of people entering it and seeing me in nothing but my booty shorts, but something about closing my door just seems to complete the room. I have slept with it open before and have no real problem with it. It's not like closing my door would prevent someone from getting in if they really wanted to.

I used to sleep with my door closed but now I sleep with it open. Since I'm the only person who lives in the basement, I see no need for me to close my door unless I wanted to filter out any particular noises.

• Brohoof 1

i always sleep with it closed... i kinda have a fear of the door being open :wat: (it gives me a heart attack if i wake up in the middle of the night and the door is open :please: )

• Brohoof 1

Ajar, that is to say not latched, but that's OK as I live alone in a bungalow, but interestingly in the old bungalow (I moved in March) it would tend to have been closed. Here I like all the doors wide open, at least in day time, as it makes it look bigger. But if the bedroom door is not closed (or nearly) there's a surprising amount of annoying stray light gets in, mostly from the green digital clock in an old 1980's music centre that's in the lounge, which is surprisingly bright in the pitch dark.

Appendix: back in July when it was very hot here I was staying in a hotel near Ross-on-Wye, and had to have the window open AND the door otherwise it was too unbearable, so the door was open a bit as well, but I put something heavy behind it.

• Brohoof 2

I have always had cats so I leave my door open! I used to close it but my cat would wedge his head under the door in that tiny gap and then try to strangle himself/break his own neck so it really freaked me out. I havent closed my door since.

My door is open during the night. My room is in a secluded part of the house and the heat won't work as well if I keep it closed. I close my door in the summer because of air conditioning.

I always sleep with my door closed. I like to sleep in the total darkness, but someone in my house seems to always forget to turn off some lights in the middle of the night. And also because it helps to muffle some annoying noises from outside that can disturb my sleep. 

• 2 weeks later...

Closed; there is a bathroom next to my room, my family and I tend to leave the door to the bathroom open at night, and I can't sleep because of the light so I close my bedroom door to block it. And besides, my brother would close it anyways when he comes in. So I don't tend to leave it open.

Edited by Frannis

I gotta keep the doors closed or one of the dogs comes walking in and starts whining for me to get out of the bed, and I can't get out of bed when they want me to because I work and live on the night schedule. So when they bother me it's because someone else is up and let them out of the master bedroom.