Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep with the door open or closed?

DubWolf

Closed. I have a very old cat (16 years old) and I don't want him wandering in here and getting sick overnight in here. It's happened once before.

I also like as little light coming in as possible. 

I'm just reeeeeally curious to know if anyone sleeps with the door open or closed :scots:.

I usually keep mine closed unless it's hot :wacko:.

I always keep my door closed, other wise my grandparent's living room light and T.V. would keep me up all night. 

Well, I live in student hostel currently, so I don't have any choice. :okiedokieloki:

Do doors not exist in student hostels?

Also, are hostels very common in America, I wonder.... I know they have a lot in Europe.

When I was little I always wanted the door open, because I was scared of the dark. I left the door open so the light from the halways would light up my room.

Now I sleep with the door closed, ALWAYS closed. It's much more comfortable (now I know the toilet python can't get in) I have it closed anyway, I can hear it when it's open from the changed accoustics in my room :o

Do doors not exist in student hostels?

Also, are hostels very common in America, I wonder.... I know they have a lot in Europe.

I live in a single 20x20m room with my roommate, there is one door which leads into coridor, where other people walking. Also there is so cold that I will get sick due to opened door or bear, passing by, can go and steal my vodka. I bet my roommate will not support in idea of opened door.

I prefer to have the door closed. I want as such silence and dark as I can get.

Nowadays I don't care either way but I usually close it. When I was young I always had it closed cause I didn't like to hear the sounds coming from our house and when I was very little I always had it open in case I wanted to shout for mom or something haha ^_^

• 1 year later...

I always sleep with my door closed. I don't know why, but I just feel far more comfortable when it's like that.

(edited)

I always sleep with my door closed, to keep our lunatic cats out of my room and to help quiet any noises made by my parents or other family members while I'm trying to sleep is the main reason why. :laugh: But also because I feel kinda insecure if the door is open while I'm getting to sleep. :mlp_wat: I wouldn't feel that way if someone was in there with me. Basically just sleeping alone kinda makes me nervous. Always has. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt