Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep with the door open or closed?

DubWolf

I sleep with my door closed. It keeps the pony music inside my room without anybody hearing it outside. I like to sleep with some pony music in the background.

• Brohoof 4

I get anxious if I try to sleep but the bedroom door is open. Besides, when I'm back home from college, my cat always ends up waking me up if the door is open.

Since I usually have my little dog sleeping with me, the door stays closed unless otherwise. Don’t want him to wander out and have an accident.

Absolutely door closed and locked. I don't like uninvited visitors. As long as spiders can't learn how to pick locks, I will be fine!

• Brohoof 1

While living in the small one room apartment it shouldn't matter (excluding the apartment's door)  but what comes to toilet's door, I have to keep it closed. If it's open, even few inches, it makes me feel discomfort. Same goes with the drawers and closets - they have to be closed. Not sure why but it has been quite old habit already before I moved my own.

31 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

Open.

Just a habit. I leave every door to a room I'm in open a little bit in case I have a seizure and mh parents can get to be quicker.

I will close it on my way out.

That is always good, stay safe!

• Brohoof 1

I sleep with the door closed, this is to keep the cold air from the air conditioner inside. Also I sleep without any lights on, for a faster way to fall asleep. 

The door stays closed because the light in the hallway sometimes projects humanoid shadows over my wall, even if there is nobody else at home.

An after affect of astral projection, the line between imagination and reality becomes blurred, and to be honest there is no line outside the limations of our human perception, but my mind should be able to focus in this objectification of reality without having external thought forms interfering with my perception.

• 4 months later...

When I still lived at home, I would have my bedroom door closed at night, since the family room was outside of it and my family are night owls. The TV would be annoying otherwise.

At my own house, I have the door opened since I have a cat who would be VERY sad if I closed the door.

In the winter I have it most of the way closed and put a tarp over it scrunched over the top. That way he can go through the tarp at the bottom and I can run a small space heater set to 65 while the rest of the house is 55. Cat is happy and can go where he wants and I'm happy because I'm warm and not wasting A LOT of unnecessary money.

Edited by Cirrus.