Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hiatus may end in August! Episodes 13 and 14 Synopsis's!

M'gann M'orzz

(edited)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/06/new-summaries-appear-for-episodes-14.html

I fully expect Stranger than Fan Fiction to be ridiculously meta and make some people uncomfortable.

Also, hahah to the people who thought Rarity was gonna be sidelined in the second half of the Season, she's one of the many stars of Episode 14 it seems. Nothing can stop Fashion Domination. 

Dash fans have lots to look forward to as well since she seems to be getting two episodes in a row where she is ether THE star or a co-star.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

Well I did not expect the title of any show to have the word fan-fiction in it.

The plot seems like it could be a really good lesson about respecting other's opinions, or a one sided strawman story.

The second one seems like typical fun.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I heard there's going to be another Discord one, this time based on a parody of Dungeons & Dragons.

Already sounds helluva more interesting than What About Discord?.

Well the title is "Dungeons and Discords" so yeah seems that way, but that's a bit later in the season, we really have all the titles up to 19 already. But we don't have a synopsis for that one yet.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

(edited)

Cool.

I am looking forward to both of these episodes soon.

As someone who enjoys meta humor I am really hoping that episode 13 will be good.

Plus episode 14 sounds like it already is going to be an enjoyable experience with its setup.

I hope it can deliver.

I wonder if like the last time we had a mid season hiatus if Legends of the Everfree will also premiere on that same day.

Edited by cmarston1

Stranger than Fan Fiction...That episode could be incredibly awesome or unbelievably disastrous. I am guessing the latter but I am being optimistic. Having the hiatus end in August is a month sooner than last season if I recall.

I'm looking forward to the two more Spike episodes the most! But I like these! I predicted the Cart one would star the CMCs and their sisters! Though I thought the derby would be in Ponyville, not in Los Pegasus. I thought LP would be in a map episode.

The convention fanfic one? Good idea! Though I would've rather had the convention in Vanhoover since that city wasn't used yet, and save Manehattan for the next Babs episode.

Another episode in Manehattan? Really?

Ah well, as long as the episode's good...

And yeah, cart racing. That should be interesting to see. Especially Rarity, as I couldn't imagine her being into that kind of thing. She's most likely just doing it for her sister though.

And all the sisters are going to be together in an episode for once! I can't remember if we've seen that before but it's going to be really great to see.

I'm looking forward to the two more Spike episodes the most! But I like these! I predicted the Cart one would star the CMCs and their sisters! Though I thought the derby would be in Ponyville, not in Los Pegasus. I thought LP would be in a map episode.

The convention fanfic one? Good idea! Though I would've rather had the convention in Vanhoover since that city wasn't used yet, and save Manehattan for the next Babs episode.

I never thought I'd be looking forward to a Spike episode, rather than anxious.

(edited)

Another episode in Manehattan? Really?

Ah well, as long as the episode's good...

And yeah, cart racing. That should be interesting to see. Especially Rarity, as I couldn't imagine her being into that kind of thing. She's most likely just doing it for her sister though.

And all the sisters are going to be together in an episode for once! I can't remember if we've seen that before but it's going to be really great to see.

Im gonna guess that yeah at first Rarity's just doing it for Sweetie... until her OWN competeive streak takes over (cause alongside Dash and AJ she probably has the strongest one) and then she like the rest just wants to WIN WIN WIN to prove herself over AJ and Dash since the 3 of them are all so prideful. 

It's fairly obvious from the Synopsis that the CMC are gonna be the ones teaching their sisters the Lesson in that one. As AJ, Rarity and Dash get so absorbed in trying to one up EACH OTHER that they forget they went in the first place to have fun with their sisters and make them happy.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

Why would someone who hates Daring Do want to attend a DD convention? This could be a lesson about leaving people be and no develop an unhealthy, obsessive hatred for something, a good lesson some people in this fandom could use :P

• Brohoof 1

Im gonna guess that yeah at first Rarity's just doing it for Sweetie... until her OWN competeive streak takes over (cause alongside Dash and AJ she probably has the strongest one) and then she like the rest just wants to WIN WIN WIN to prove herself over AJ and Dash since the 3 of them are all so prideful.

It's fairly obvious from the Synopsis that the CMC are gonna be the ones teaching their sisters the Lesson in that one. As AJ, Rarity and Dash get so absorbed in trying to one up EACH OTHER that they forget they went in the first place to have fun with their sisters and make them happy.

Funny thing about the race, I've actually been in that situation IRL. A few of the parents got in a friendly competition over whose kid would have the better science experiment. All of our spouses had to step in cause ethics and it became all about us.

I recall joking about it afterward saying we somehow entered a bad episode of a sitcom.

@_@

• Brohoof 1

Stranger than Fan Fiction...That episode could be incredibly awesome or unbelievably disastrous. I am guessing the latter but I am being optimistic. Having the hiatus end in August is a month sooner than last season if I recall.

Yeah, last summer long-ass hiatus ended like..... two weeks before Friendship games I think. I wonder why the hiatus might end this time :huh:. Well, not complaining :squee:, best of all, my most anticipated episode :yay: 

Why would someone who hates Daring Do want to attend a DD convention? This could be a lesson about leaving people be and no develop an unhealthy, obsessive hatred for something, a good lesson some people in this fandom could use :P

could be like people from G1 transformers who obsessively viewed megatron as the "Hero" of the saga.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I did not expect the title of any show to have the word fan-fiction in it.

The plot seems like it could be a really good lesson about respecting other's opinions, or a one sided strawman story.

You know, the quote above reminds me of something I've thought up years ago.

Before Daring Don't from Season 4 originally aired, I actually thought up an episode idea starring Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash.  It would have been about the Mane Ponies having contrasting opinions of a new Daring Do book being written by a new author (Pretend that the author of Daring Do is not Daring Do herself, just for the sake of argument, okay). The lesson would essentially be the same about respecting other's opinions. (I simplied my original post about it.)

At first, Twilight hated the new book for its terrible use of bad writing tropes, while Rainbow gushes about how awesome the new book is. The differing opinions would cause Twilight to angrily tell Rainbow about how she read the original books for its subtly and smart writing; Rainbow counters by saying she always saw the books as nothing more than escapism; The fight leads the two ponies to not want to talk to each other.

After getting advice from their other friends, Twilight and Rainbow re-read the new books (and the original series in Rainbow's case). After an 2nd read, Twilight had to admit that despite the new book being a poorly written book, there were still some good moments within the book; In a way, Twilight had found her first guilty pleasure; After Re-reading the original books with more thought and reason, Rainbow does see the smart writing that was lacking in the new book; Now she understood why Twilight felt disappointed by the new book.

The two ponies make up and state the lessons they've learned:

1) Just because your friend has a different opinion about a book (or a t.v. episode about technicolor ponies) doesn't mean you shouldn't be friends.

2) Even a poorly written book (or episode) can still be enjoyed even when the reader/viewer knows it's crap

3) Books/(t.v. shows) about fictional fantasies don't have to be mindless violence or silly nonsense; they can be smart, thought-provoking, and teach life lessons.

TL;DR: That upcoming episode with "Fan Fiction" in its title sounds like it might bring to the show a long-overdue lesson that can be applied to the two extreme camps of Brony Reactions between over-critical Bronies who refuse to see the good in an otherwise terrible episode and Praise-Gushing Bronies who don't acknowledge the flaws in an otherwise excellent episode. ;)

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Still pretty hesitant about stranger than fan fiction. This one has the unfortunate potential to be just a poorly done episode shitting on fans who criticize the show. Hoping for the best, but fearing for the worst (Like with newbie dash)

• Brohoof 1

Still pretty hesitant about stranger than fan fiction. This one has the unfortunate potential to be just a poorly done episode shitting on fans who criticize the show. Hoping for the best, but fearing for the worst (Like with newbie dash)

Possibly. The synopsis states the new character hates Daring Do. It would be interesting if the initial conflict is that the new character likes early Daring Do stories and not the new ones. A reflection of how some prefer earlier seasons over newer ones. A commentary on this would be absolutely wonderful if at the end it is spun so neither opinion has a concrete response.

The synopsis may indicate a flat out non-fan, and since this season is focusing on family relationships, I could also see the non-fan attending with a family member.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anyways, on the second one: Really looking forward to that one. Its a cliche plot (The "parent helps a kid in an event and becomes super obsessed/competitive against other parents" plot, just with sister instead of parent), but it looks to be a good one; AJ and rarity have good Vitriolic chemistry, so the two of them butting heads will be fun. I just kind of worry that dash and scoots might feel like a third wheel compared to AJ/rarity's rivalry.

On that note, I think that answers the question of where the Ponyville image in this teaser image was from, since it looks like ponyville's setup for a race of some sort, which this upcoming episode will be.

oh! and one more interesting thing to think about: So 3/4 locations in this image will have had episodes dedicated to them then, with the cart race episode being specifically what that image is based on, yeah?
i guess that means we can be pretty sure we'll be getting at least one episode that takes place in cloudsdale this season since its on there too! (Or possibly las pegasus if they make it a clone of Cloudsdale so it looks like that too)

1057784__safe_official_ponyville_crystal

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

More sisters episode :D, Rarity and Sweetie are back. They are best sisters :3

Is episode 13 another meta-reference to brony fandom? Are they trying to make fun of us? Doesnt matter, I dont mind controversial/polarizing episodes as long as they dont go too far....

Hi @@M'gann M'orzz! Since your thread is discussing the synopsis of upcoming episodes, a spoiler tag's been added to it. Have a nice day~

Also, an episode with AJ, Rarity and Dash as the main focus? Sign me up! Looking forward to that one. :D

• Brohoof 2

Anyone else think the Stranger Than Fan-Fiction episode is gonna be bad?

I don't have any reason to think that as of yet; though I can understand the concerns that people have. If anything I'm not expecting anything ground-breaking or even that top-notch; just another enjoyable pony episode. :)

That said, can't wait for this hiatus to end. :)

Anyone else think the Stranger Than Fan-Fiction episode is gonna be bad?

If you go in the episode with that mindset, eventhough you only saw the synopsis, of course you will think that.

More people should have an open mind, instead of doomsaying everything.

• Brohoof 7