Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's her real name: Daring Do, or A.K Yearling?

Steve Piranha

40 users have voted

1. 1. What you think it's her real name?

• Daring Do
    • A.K. Yearling

I've been wondering this for a while. What you think it's the real name of the pegasus better know as Daring Do? I believe it's A.K Yearling, as that's the name she used when she studied literature and her public persona, and Daring Do is her alias. It would make little sense if she uses her real name when dealing with dangerous douches around. Then again, I haven't read the books (yet), so I might be mistaken :huh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If we've learned anything from the show, it's that the ponies have weird names. A.K. Yearling would probably be her name if she were a human author, but if we're talking ponies, then I'd say Daring Do.

I assume that A.K. Yearling is a pen name, and a take off on J.K. Rowling. (The Author of the Harry Potter series)

Edited by Panzy
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I've been wondering this for a while. What you think it's the real name of the pegasus better know as Daring Do? I believe it's A.K Yearling, as that's the name she used when she studied literature and her public persona, and Daring Do is her alias. It would make little sense if she uses her real name when dealing with dangerous douches around. Then again, I haven't read the books (yet), so I might be mistaken :huh:

Having read the books, I've got a reasonable idea of the answer. But I won't tell you. (:<

Edited by Daring_Do

It is probable that BOTH names are merely an alias.

"Daring Do" as a codename to prevent villains from targeting loved ones.

"A. K. Yearling" as a penname to prevent unwanted publicity.

• Brohoof 2

This is the Batman question. Is Bruce the mask for Batman or visa versa?

Yearling could be the made up figure so that she can finance her adventures.

I haven't red the books so I'm not sure to be honest.

• Brohoof 2

My headcanon is that her name's Daring Do, and she uses AK Yearling only as a pen name when she's publishing her books. I haven't read the books about her yet, so I dunno if there's an answer in there, so I'll stick to that headcanon in the meantime. :P

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I typically thought of A.K. Yearling as her real name; with Daring Do basically a nickname that can be used for writing books and to hopefully strike fear in the hearts of her enemies...sans Ahuizotl. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

Having read the books, I've got a reasonable idea of the answer. But I won't tell you. (:<

I'm going to rectify that soon ;) (about reading 'em books)

• 1 month later...

Since she's a riff on Indiana Jones, it's reasonable to assume that Daring Do is her superhero alias while A.K Yearling is her actual name (we don't yet know what the A.K stands for, so it's not unreasonable to assume that it's something ... pony).

• Brohoof 1

I do not think she planned starting writing books when she began her adventures nor I feel she would have felt a need to get an alter ego right away for security so I would say Daring Do.

Since she's a riff on Indiana Jones, it's reasonable to assume that Daring Do is her superhero alias while A.K Yearling is her actual name (we don't yet know what the A.K stands for, so it's not unreasonable to assume that it's something ... pony).

AK stands for Amy Keating lol..
  • Brohoof 1

Probably Daring Do, since "yearling" is generally used to describe a young animal/horse. Even though pony names are obviously different from human names, it would be odd to name your kid "Amy Keating Horse," basically. XD

Now thats a good question. A.k Yearling is probably a pen name as everyone else has suggested. Daring Do is based on Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones of course isn't his real name. However, since names in Equestria can be all kinds of crazy stuff, Daring Do seems to fit. Daring Do is probably her real name.