Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's her real name: Daring Do, or A.K Yearling?

Steve Piranha

40 users have voted

1. 1. What you think it's her real name?

• Daring Do
    • A.K. Yearling

No,it's not her real name possibly

A.K Yearling is her birth name since she was a filly

Her full name is Amy Keaton Yearling

She call herself Daring Do because she is the bravest

Her archenemy Dr.Cabelleron had his first name,his first name is Jack

Dr.Jack Cabel Laudron is the full name of Dr.Cabelleron it shortened to Cabelleron

:blink:

You will be very dizzy if you know that Dr.Cabelleron real name is Jack Cabel Laudron

If Daring Do is her real name, it would be pretty dumb on her part to publish it in her more than semi-autobiographical books, considering there's actually people going after her...

• Brohoof 1

While the theory of her having an entirely different name than either of them sounds far more accurate, I was always fond of her name actually being A.K. Yearling. I prefer Daring Do being her superhero alias and Yearling as her secret identity. Not entirely sure why, I just like that setup a lot more.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I think it's Daring Do. I can't see somebody like Superman writing Superman comics and showing up to book signings and conventions as Superman. It just doesn't make sense.

• 5 months later...

Quite interesting. At first, I would have said that A.K. Yearling is the real name, but having given it more thought, Daring Do sounds more like a typical pony name so I'll go with that. Having just watched "Stranger than Fan Fiction", I would consider Daring Do her real identity and A.K. Yearling the alias, as she wears the Yearling outfit over the Daring Do one rather than vice versa (and she doesn't appear to actually need the glasses).

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 1

I have no idea. Best guess is that it is AK Yearling as that is what Dash calls her when she get's to her house, which I remind you was isolated and all alone so it's unlikely she wouldn't call her by her real name in that situation but that's all I got. It could go either way. 

• 9 months later...

in mlp, they'd have backstories. she was probably A.K Yearling, bullied for liking books, wanted to be more, found a bad guy as a filly, and trying to be a hero called herself Daring Do. After nearly dying, but loving the experience and learnign a lesson, she used Daring Do when speaking to badguys but was stilla ctually called A.K Yearling. She wanted others to enjoy her journies like she did reading books about journies.

Plus, the game calles her A.K Yearling. She probably doesnt actually need glases though.

I know their names are weird, but some times they are not. Sever ponies have puns, so she is probably a pun. Just think about it. The show is about lessons, so Daring Do must be something she mad up as a fantasy as a child. Either that or its none of them.

What's his real name? Bruce Wayne or Batman?

If we're talking legal, it's probably neither - A. K. Yearling is probably a pen name, but anypony who'd known her before she'd become an adventurer would easily put the pieces together.

On 3/29/2017 at 9:59 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

her real name is Twilight Velvet. Daring Do is the name of her alter ego, and A.K. Yearling is her penname

I don't think Daring Do is Twilight Velvet. 

My gut reaction was Daring Do, but considering what others have mentioned in this thread about both the Indiana Jones influence and the unusual nature of "A.K. Yearling" compared to other pony names, yeah, it increasingly seems like neither is likely... but apparently it's revealed in a book I haven't read, so I guess my hypothesis doesn't matter much. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is hard to say. The bad guys refer to her as Daring Do, but her address is in the phone book as A.K. Yearling. At least I guss so, because the mane 6 somehow found her address in the middle of the woods.

But, the bad guys knew where they live, they must read the name on the door. Do they know both of her name? Why do they not reveal her identity. It does not hurt her, but I am sure her head would ache from it. I am not sure what is their motivation, either. I guess money.

Yearling presents these artefacts to a museum, or just keeps them at home? She must be the richest mare in whole Equestria. And not only from books. Imagine if Indiana Johns kept only one think form that he found. These could value millions if not billions.

+1: Does that blue cheetah bother anyone at all except Daring Do? I don't remember if the mane 6 wanted "to be his friend" - if you know what I mean. Or prosecute him.