Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Comment length warning

Hederik

No one reads through long blocks of text, so I'll make this one concise.

When posting a comment to a status update, there is no warning about a maximum length of said comment. There is no warning that the comment has become too long. There is no warning that a carefully phrased and painstakingly typed message will get cut in the middle of a word, making it look plain stupid.

Any one of the three mentioned warnings would make this okay, but right now it's a rather lacking system.

• Brohoof 4

I agree. There isn't even a character limit near the bottom like Twitter has, or like the site has on normal posts. Even something like that would help so we know when we should split our writing.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, the IPB Status Update system leaves a lot to be desired. When IPS created it, I have the feeling not a lot of planning went into it. There is way to integrate a character counter like Twitter, but it depends on how something like this would be prioritized against other dev projects the tech team has on deck (it was a massive list when I left).

• Brohoof 1

Agree with all of them. There definitely needs to be SOME countdown to indicate how much room you have left, like Twitter or Scarlet's Web.

(Last I recall, the maximum limit per each status update OP or reply's 500 characters with spaces in this rendition of IP.B.)