Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general are you afraid of the dark? (confess your fears or tell a story about them)

rose chan

(edited)

when rose chan was little she would watch that chow and now that she is here sh has a idea to use this as opportunity to tell stories that frighten us as of now or as kittens so rose chan will start then next person goes and so the cycle will start!

rose chan is deadly afraid of thunder storms and last night the first thunder boom sounded like 15 cannons just went off literally! it made rose chan wet her self and also made the dog go ballistic!

Edited by rose chan
  • Brohoof 2

Can't really help it but yes. While the idea of just dark itself isn't that scary to begin with, my mind still tends to exaggerate things when it's dark. Since I can't see well in the dark either, it makes me see things wrong and thus make incorrect assumptions of things. So those are probably the main reasons why I'm afraid of the dark.  :wacko:

After playing Slender a long time ago, the dark made me feel paranoid. But after those days, I love the dark. I almost always have the lights off in my room. My parents told me always being in the dark is bad for my skin, but I don't care. Literally the only reasons I would turn on my light is to find something or so that I can see my Smash 4 matchup notes I stuck on my wall.

Sometimes, but not really. Only after playing a spooky video game, or listening to creepy music or something do I get really scared of the dark.

But that's what flashlights and tactical knives are for, eh? :P

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The dark? No. What could be lurking in it like spiders and creepazoids? Yes.

I was afraid of it as a kid.

It's an evolutionary response, as many predators are active during the night and without weapons we humans make an easy meal.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 2

I used to be, but i mostly got over it as I got older. I still have nights though where I stupidly watch a scary video or something before bed that makes me afraid somethings lurking in the dark.

(edited)

2 things:

1. No, I am not scared of the dark.

2. The people who are, are not scared of the dark, they are scared of what is IN the dark.

*Edit: I have a nightlight, but that is to see if I get up in the middle of the night, not because I am scared.

Edited by Babyyoshi309

Is it strange to say I'm not? Or at least, no longer am I afraid. I used to be terrified of the dark. And, it's only natural - fearing that which you cannot see; unknowable, mysterious things. No longer though.

It's simple really. Keep reminding yourself that you're the only thing anyone should be afraid of - it usually works. :)

Only when outside. I'm not afraid of the dark in my own home, I'm used to it. Plus, there's always some at least some lights on. But outside? I am more paranoid about it. I don't feel too  comfortable walking out in the night with only few street lights on. :please:

you guys are missing the pint the tyle was a reference to a show that 6 kids cirlced a camp fire and told spooky storys. rose chan made that reference because you were soposed to say something that scared you or tel; a story of when you got really scared

rose chan is deadly afraid of thunder storms

Me too, actually.  And you refer to yourself in the 3rd person?  Just wanted to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

And I used to be afraid of the dark as a kid, but not anymore.  Still scared of storms, though.

(edited)

yes rose chan speaks in the third person. and your getting slooser to doing what this was really for you were spopsssed to tell your wost fear or tell a story of when something scared you but you were the clossest sofar because you said you were scared of thunder staorms. @@Justin_Case001,

Edited by rose chan

I can't sleep in the dark if I'm alone, but I wouldn't say that I'm immensely scared of it. Uncomfortable, yes, but not really 'scared'.

when rose chan was little she would watch that chow and now that she is here sh has a idea to use this as opportunity to tell stories that frighten us as of now or as kittens so rose chan will start then next person goes and so the cycle will start!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pBBLN0w7NY

I used to watch that show with my family , childhood me would hide underneath the blanket along with my siblings as we watched the horrors. Those were the days! 

As for the topic:

I am afraid of roaches...really really afraid. It comes to the point where it's kinda funny seeing a big guy like me cower in fear of even the tiniest of the little buggers. When I was a boy around 10 , There was a time where I went to my mother's store at night, just as they were closing. There were SO MANY ROACHES......Some tried to crawl up my pant leg, and I immediately pulled my pants off and flung in out into the corner...My parents weren't too happy about me doing that.....

(edited)

I was still afraid about a year or so ago. I stopped though, and I think that mlp has helped me with it.

Edited by TBlaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pBBLN0w7NY

I used to watch that show with my family , childhood me would hide underneath the blanket along with my siblings as we watched the horrors. Those were the days! 

As for the topic:

I am afraid of roaches...really really afraid. It comes to the point where it's kinda funny seeing a big guy like me cower in fear of even the tiniest of the little buggers. When I was a boy around 10 , There was a time where I went to my mother's store at night, just as they were closing. There were SO MANY ROACHES......Some tried to crawl up my pant leg, and I immediately pulled my pants off and flung in out into the corner...My parents weren't too happy about me doing that.....

There's no shame in being afraid of roaches. They are disgusting and creepy and take forever to die and can get everywhere.

• Brohoof 1