Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you listen to music through headphones loudly?

Member Berry

Sometimes, yes. When I do, every 3 or 4 songs I take a break, pull the headphones off my head for a couple of minutes, then resume listening. After song after song of turning it up slightly, you don't realize just how loud you have it until there is silence for a while and taking a short break will make you wan to turn it back down again when you resume listening.

I always listen to music very loudly. Be it rock, house, metal or dubstep, I can't help but turn up the volume to hear all the flavours the music has to offer. However, I am sure it has damaged my hearing a tiny bit. Oh well xD

(edited)

I kinda am guilty of doing that, especially with bass boosted songs (I love bass and it sounds better when it's LOUD)  :lie:  Twice I've broken my earbuds because of it, and thankfully I now have Apple earbuds which seem to hold up well. I guess I'll wait 'till I get a car and then pimp it out with a kicker awesome sound system  :sneer:

Edited by Shabb3r

(edited)

When I'm in the car with my earphones... sure, I put my volume as high as I can without damaging too much my ears, mainly to block the outside noises (the music that goes out of the radio for the most part). When I'm home with my headphones though, I like to keep my volume a tad down not only for music but for everything, because I feel like that's unecessary to make it louder when I'm alone in my room.

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

Through my headphones? Yes, almost always. The music has more impact this way, and most of my playlist is high-tempo energetic/rhythmic tracks, so it just doesn't feel the same if it's on low volume. :P

However, if it's through my speakers, I have it pretty low, I don't really like playing loud music through them, it's a tad bit too loud to say the least. :adorkable:

I listen fairly loud but not to the distortion point. I like to be able to still hear other stuff after I've taken the headphones off. My iPod has a buggy audio jack so I don't really have a lot of choice anyway.  :pout:

• Brohoof 1

I'm the other way -- I'll listen to sound louder when it is through good real speakers.  If I am wearing headphones, the reason is probably because the air conditioning is on high and it is too loud in the room anyway, and the headset is there mostly to block out the ambient noise while providing the sound.

Nope, I have tiny ears that are incredibly sensitive so I try to refrain from listening to music too loud. That and my parents had a habit of talking about me when I had headphones on, forgetting that I could still hear them thanks to my ears. So I'd rather not drown out some lovely gossip about me that I can't respond to.