Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you listen to music through headphones loudly?

Member Berry

I used to listen to stuff at a very high volume, but then I realised that I like my ears the way they are, so now I keep my volume around the middle. Not too quiet and not too loud.

I get this loud sinusoidal sound in my ears at times, so I make sure I increase the volume in my headphones, that way I can hear what I am listening to.

Sometimes I want to turn the volume up, but other people are sleeping, so I have to do that with headphones, though generally I listen in a lower volume with headphones than using speakers (because of ambient noise).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don’t want to end up with tinnitus, and I don’t need my music turned up to the distortion point because that overwhelms the subtleties I want to hear. I listen at a normal volume because it’s pleasant and blasting my eardrums out of my head renders the music as nothing more than noise.

Edited by Dreambiscuit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. Hearing is too important to me (especially as a musician), besides I can't really enjoy music when it becomes so loud that all the details of it are gone under excessive, distorted noise loud volume causes. It's just not fun to be honest, at least for me.