Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

cats vs dogs!

rose chan

I already know cats are gonna win in this threat. Not because cats are actually better but because people who like cats are often different kinds of people as people who like dogs. Cat people are often more calm and more shy as dog people who are often more social and more active. This is not a bad thing but because of these traits (and more) the people who are frequently on the internet for their enjoyment are often cat people and look where we are, on a forum on thw internet visited by people for this enjoyment!

Of course this is not always true, look at me, I'm obsessed with dogs and I'm here :D

So, let's see if my prediction is right, most people here will chose cats over dog.

But still, dogs are best pets :D

• Brohoof 1

I like both due to owning both!  We each find something to love in a animal in its a cat or dog.  Each have their own traits we come to love and personality to their own.   I had one of my dogs for 17 years the one i put down for 15 and i've had my cat for 9 years and I love something about them all three!  

I've only had pet dogs due to having family members who are allergic to cats, but I do have relatives who either have or at one point had a pet cat. I'd say both are great tbh. 

Cat people are often more calm and more shy as dog people who are often more social and more active.

I would say it switches for me. I can be pretty introverted at times, but there are also times when I'm very extroverted, which would probably explain why I said both.

I've personally always liked cats. Dogs are cool, but from my experiences they require more responsibility, and since I'm more of a relaxed kind of guy, I tend to feel more comfortable with cats in general.

It kind of depends on what kind of person you are, really.

Dogs!  Have you ever seen a seeing eye cat, rescue cat or police cat?  I never have.  Dogs are more intelligent, come in a wider variety of types to fit peoples needs and are typically more friendly.  I have never personally known a cat that can do tricks but almost every dog I have meet does tricks unless they are a puppy.  Cats are mostly just medium sized and weigh 20-30 pounds.  Dogs can range from 2 pound lap dogs to 150 pound monsters.  Dogs also just seems like more fun.  In my experience cats are normally very defensive and if you try to pet them then swat back or hiss.  Dogs usually just sit and smile back while you pet them.  

Then again I have had some very bad experiences with cats.  

• Brohoof 2

Both are lovely and lovable. <3 The affection they can show is uplifting. However, I have to give a slight edge to dogs, for one reason....

PUGS!!!!

Cute-Pug-St-Patrick-s-Day-pug-love-photo

They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE! <3 :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I cannot stand dogs. Sorry.

It's just, the barking, the drooling, the crapping wherever they please, the jumping on me, the licking, the hair, the smell, the chewing everything up. I can't handle it.

Plus, I've been attacked by dogs twice in my life so far. It's REAL fun.

What's a cat ever done to me? A couple inconvenient scratches, maybe knocked something down a few times? Yeah, I'll take the cat.

Now that we'll also get a dog soon too, I'm not sure which I possibly like more! It really isn't a competition though and they both have their pros as well as cons obviously. I'd say both since my experiences have been mainly good with both.  :grin:

I dont like cats or dogs and the animals i would want to keep as pets are unusual ones but, i hate Dogs really really really much, like a lot.

So, yeah i think Cats are better, i think every Animal is better than Dogs, i really dont like them.

I already know cats are gonna win in this threat. Not because cats are actually better but because people who like cats are often different kinds of people as people who like dogs. Cat people are often more calm and more shy as dog people who are often more social and more active. This is not a bad thing but because of these traits (and more) the people who are frequently on the internet for their enjoyment are often cat people and look where we are, on a forum on thw internet visited by people for this enjoyment!

Well, I guess I'm a weirdo, as I'm mostly like the usual internet user, but I choose dogs over cats any time :dash:. In fact, since my parent's death 3 months ago, my aunt moved with my brother and I, including her miniature pet yorkie. I used to love her, but now I love her WAY more, that I'm desperate for them to come back

:SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE: JUST LOOK AT HER :wub:

20160607_114433_1__by_stevepiranha-da5hm

My life taught me so far, that there's no more sincere show of affection than a dog licking your face 

• Brohoof 1

I love cats. I'm allergic to them but I think they're far superior to dogs. Don't get me wrong, I love all animals, dogs included, but cats are more civilized creatures. Cats don't have a need to bark all night long at absolutely nothing, or chase people and other animals. They seldom bite and don't need to be walked all the time just to take a potty break. 

Cats are independent and serene. If they desire affection, they'll let you know how and when to serve them. Their affection is not always readily given so it feels like you've earned something great when they condescend to let you pet them. They're cleaner, quieter and more elegant than their louder, aggressive canine counterparts.  :grin:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I love cats. I'm allergic to them but I think they're far superior to dogs. Don't get me wrong, I love all animals, dogs included, but cats are more civilized creatures. Cats don't have a need to bark all night long at absolutely nothing, or chase people and other animals. They seldom bite and don't need to be walked all the time just to take a potty break.

Cats are independent and serene. If they desire affection, they'll let you know how and when to serve them. Their affection is not always readily given so it feels like you've earned something great when they condescend to let you pet them. They're cleaner, quieter and more elegant than their louder, aggressive canine counterparts. :grin:

If you think all dogs are as you described, you are incorrect, because that's a relatively small minority of dogs. Dogs aren't always super aggressive or obnoxious. They do take a little more effort than cats, but in turn will provide you with more companionship and love than a cat ever could. I guess if you're lazy, having a dog isn't for you :)

Not trying to spark an argument, but I'm in veterinary training so I'm relatively passionate about dogs and cats. Cats are not bad creatures, just not my type.

Edited by Rulerofblocks