Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

cats vs dogs!

rose chan

(edited)

Definitely ponies dogs:wub:

Sure they're kinda annoying and require more patience, but they can be really good friends.

If you say 'meh' at the beginning and let them do what they want, then they'll become 'stupid', thus more annoying ~ but if you'll throw your love and learn them the basics when they're puppies, then they can be awesome friends later and even help you with some things - as somepony mentioned before ~ there are police/rescue/etc. dogs, so if you want an intelligent pet friend, then you'll be definitely looking for a dog, not a cat.

Cats are more automatic, since they have their own magical toilet platform and stuff, but they can be stupid and dangerous as well. Besides, their intelligence is much more limited and they're lazy in general. I'm not saying it's a flaw though, lazy pets fit calm (and/or lazy) people.  :-P

I'm a calm and not an active person, but I like to go for a walk to the fields outside of the town for hours and when it comes to going for a walk - a dog is the very first friend (even before the human ones), that will gladly go with you, so you won't have to go alone + they will even appreciate this.  :please:

Going for a walk with a cat? Has science gone too far?  :-P

Generally I don't have anything to cats, nor cat persons, though I have something to my grandma's cat, because he's extremely stupid, ignorant and causes her sooooooooooo much trouble.  :okiedokieloki:

On the other hoof, my sisters' friend had/have few cats and dogs (they weren't killing each other, no worries) and they all were stupid.  :lol:  :adorkable:

By the way I have two dogs and though they're kinda stupid, they're cute and they love to snuggle (and sometimes sleep with me =3), so I can't complain!  :kindness:

A good comparison would be Winona (as a dog of course - helpful) and Angel (as a cat - cute but sometimes like "give me that or I'll destroy ur house" (Just kidding!)).

So I definitely prefer dogs:proud:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you think all dogs are as you described, you are incorrect, because that's a relatively small minority of dogs. Dogs aren't always super aggressive or obnoxious. They do take a little more effort than cats, but in turn will provide you with more companionship and love than a cat ever could. I guess if you're lazy, having a dog isn't for you :)

Not trying to spark an argument, but I'm in veterinary training so I'm relatively passionate about dogs and cats. Cats are not bad creatures, just not my type.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I do love dogs. I had a beautiful black lab for almost 12 years and loved him as much as anyone in my family. When he died I was beside myself with grief. I can only generalize about dogs based on the majority of my own experiences, good and bad.

As you say, cats are not your type. That's just a matter of preference, but you still love both cats and dogs. That's exactly what I'm trying to say. I love both, but consider myself more of a cat person in general. Not all cats are perfect either, but I do have to make generalizations to some degree. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I prefer cats. I have a dog, but I don't like being around her very much since she sheds a lot and smells bad :eww:. I always feel filthy after I touch a dog, whereas cats don't make my hands stink.

I also can't stand dogs that bark, since it's so loud and annoying. Cats are much quieter :proud:

• Brohoof 2

I am more of a Dog Person. Given a lot of breeds have immense loyalty and a protective nature, they make great companions. You could also train them to fulfill various roles.

They are just such affectionate and loyal pets if you truly spend the time and effort on them. All you have to do to see how amazing dogs are, is to simply look at military or police dogs, those dogs even give their lives to protect their human companions. Just, loyalty above self, which is something a lot of us do not have, unfortunately. 

Also, read the story about Hachiko xD lol That should have anyone in tears. 

• Brohoof 2

I prefer cats. I have a dog, but I don't like being around her very much since she sheds a lot and smells bad :eww:. I always feel filthy after I touch a dog, whereas cats don't make my hands stink.

I also can't stand dogs that bark, since it's so loud and annoying. Cats are much quieter :proud:

Let's be honest,

Both, dogs and cats can smell bad or smell nice. It depends on a particular type of dog/cat and hygiene things.

For example my grandma's cat smells bad and after his weird and long adventures he's extremely dirty. Your hands are melting when you touch him. My dogs look and smell nicer than him.  ^_^

And again,

Both, dogs and cats can, but don't have to make a noise. It also depends on a particular type of dog/cat and their personality.

There are dogs, that are quiet and there are dogs, that are loud (like yorks).

Cats are usually quiet, but my grandma's cat likes to go for adventures all over the place and guess what he's doing when he gets back home at ~3:00 AM - 5:00 AM. He's meowing in front of the doors to let him in and he could even do that for hours. You're waking up hearing MEEEEOOOW.... MEEEEOOOWWW.... MMEEEOOWWW... Maybe it's not as loud as dogs' barking, but it's extremely annoying.  >_>

So, summarizing there's a tie in my opinion.  :proud:

My grandma's cat does his best to win this one.  :squee:

Major dog person here. While I like cats, I've never had good experiences with them. I'm a big snuggler, love to go on walks/car rides, etc. Dogs are perfect for these activities. Cats seem to be more independent and you just can't do as much with them. I've always had a dog as a best friend. I'm sure there are amazing cats out there; I just haven't met them.

I'm not really a cat nor a dog person. I usually just go with whatever is cute. 

But If I had to pick, then I'd go for Dogs, because they can be more useful and fun than a cat. 

I have to say though....I have a big soft spot for the munchkin cat....They are just so adorable! <3

It's like the head of a cat with the body of a dog X3

• 3 weeks later...

I have a cat (called Dude) who is cool. He sits on my shoulders while I game when no one else is home in order to keep me company. I also have a Shitzu (called Appa) who sleeps on my lap while I game when no one else is home in order to keep me company. I also have a Collie (called Stan) who sleeps on my feet while I gamewhen no one else is home in order to keep me company. Dogs and Cats are cool, neither are better than the other.

I kinda prefer dogs. I'm just kinda more of a dog person. As a kid, I was allergic to cats, and as a kid, I have had more then one occasion where I have bitten or scratched by a cat. Some cats are real cool however and I like them.

There's this one black stray kitten that comes over to my friends house almost all the time. One, of the friendliest cats ever. Will not stop purring whenever I pet her head.

I like both cats & dogs, but prefer cats better because they are more self-sufficent. You can leave the cat alone in the home for a day or two & it will do it's business in the litter box, while you need to have someone come over to let the dog out, or have to leave the dog in a kennel overnight.

While I still think that both are wonderful in their own ways, I've recently landed on the conclusion that I might like cats just a little more. I just can't help but appreciate how quiet and peaceful beings my cats are compared to our puppy. I do understand that she's still a baby and doesn't probably know that she shouldn't bark so loud, but loud noises are a guaranteed thing to scare me every time.

If I was to get a pet I'd be really confused what to do, because I love cats and they're really cute and nice companions, but many of them are kinda annoying and don't care about the onwer. Dogs on the other hand care very much and they're loyal and helpful.
It also depends on the livestyle and I will probably be a guy that doesn't get out much so having a cat in this situation is a better idea ^^

• 3 years later...