Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

I'm fluent in English and German.

Spanish is weird, because I can understand it, but I can't speak it at all. :c

I'm in French III at the moment. French is hard ;u;

I'd like to learn Japanese, so I can go there one day by myself. My mom and sister are fluent and could take me, but I dislike having my family planning trips, because I get little to no say in what we do. :c

Edited by Excel

Nekem a magyar az első, utána angol, és nemrégiben elkezdtem franciát is tanulni.

Ha még kéne választanom nyelvet, az az olasz lenne.

Google translator is an interesting friend of yours

Lol, have to admit, those guys at google are doing quite a nice job about this translator, but still needs a little work...

I know Swedish and English as first lenguages, I actualy speak english to most of my friends, even though some of them prefer Swedish. Im in an international school, and one of my friends only speaks English (even though he knows Swedish).

Its a funny story of when I learnt to speak. First in Sweden where i learnt Swedish as a small baby, then when I moved to Australia I learnt English, but then when I came back to Sweden, at an age of 6, I didnt speak much Swedish at all, so I had to relearn Swedish...

So jugeing by that, both English and Swedish are second lenguages to me.

The drawbacks of this however I only noticed the last few years. When i was suposed to learn an other lenguage, Spanish, it was the first lenguage I had to learn without actualy liveing in a countrie speaking that lenguage. Everyone else had learnt English that way before. And thats what I blame my crappy Spanish grades on.

Also, I dont actualy have any intrest in learning Spanish anymore. its just not fun anymore. :unsure: For me English works just fine.

Well, I guess it's too tale to learn another language, but I know some other one's.

• Lithuanian, I knew all my life (native language)
  • Russian, learning for four years, but I suck at it very much (I would have learnt German, but no one wanted) http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png
  • English, Learning it for nine years now, and I just love it!

I would love to learn German and Chinese though, but as I sed, it's too late.

To me it would be:

I can speak these languages.

Norwegian. (Native Language)

Swedish. (It's not that far off from Norwegian)

Danish (same as above)

English. (been learning it for 9 years now. And i'll still have it at school for atleast 6 more...)

German. (Can make basic talk and small sentences. this i learned all on my own)

Spanish (realy small bits here)

French. (Started learning it at school this semester, so i'm really not good at it yet)

I'd like to practice my German and French.

Just so that I can get to have better conversations with people I know from; France, Germany, Belgium and the french parts of Canada.

Edited by Slictz
  • Brohoof 1

To me it would be:

I can speak these languages.

Norwegian. (Native Language)

Swedish. (It's not that far off from Norwegian)

Danish (same as above)

English. (been learning it for 9 years now. And i'll still have it at school for atleast 6 more...)

German. (Can make basic talk and small sentences. this i learned all on my own)

Spanish (realy small bits here)

French. (Started learning it at scholl this semester, so i'm really not good at it yet)

I'd like to practice my German and French.

Just so that I can get to have better conversations with people I know from; France, Germany, Belgium and the french parts of Canada.

Looks like we Have a polyglot here. Awesome my friend :P

• 1 month later...

I know Spanish because I'm Hispanic and it's my parent's native tongue. Although mine is far from perfect. It's an incomplete and fragmented knowledge, but I am capable of maintaining simple conversations.

Although I much prefer French. I'd like to learn it, but I probably won't take it up as Spanish is more useful where I live. So I should at least aim to improve mine.

• Brohoof 1

I have an EXTREMELY basic understanding of French, due to 3 months of that class in school. The language that I really want to learn is Japanese, though. I've always personally been fascinated with languages, and would also maybe like to try to pick up Latin at some point.

i wanna learn Japanese since i already understand German and can speak Norwegian and English

but Japanese seems so hard :(

Japanese grammar is actually pretty easy.

But it's the kanjis that take a while to learn (and you have no choice but to know them if you want to understand written japanese >.>

.sdrawkcab epyt ot gninrael naht redrah hcum ton s'ti ,lleW

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Post the languages you speak or want to learn. For me I speak....

English

Posted Image

Broken French

Posted Image

and Pirate

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1