Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

What I know:

English: An obvious must.

Bengali: Native language, can speak it, but cannot read or write it. I know, I spend most of my time on languages with English.

Hindi: A little bit, because Bengali shares commons with it.

Urdu: Same as above.

What I would like to learn:

Not really. But if I ever could get used to non-Latin scripts, I could totally go on to more about Bengali. I am just terrible with it, like a first grader. XD

What I can understand and speak: Greenlandic, Danish and English.

What I can somewhat understand: Japanese (haven't had the chance to speak it, but I think I can do the rudimentary). I thank anime and their subs, hehe.

What I want to learn. I dunno, what use is language if you don't use it? Language was my passion when I was a child. But that's because I wanted to understand the cartoons I was watching. Being Greenlander, Danish and English are foreign languages.

I took two years of Spanish and two years of Japanese in high school.  :)

I'd love to continue learning Japanese. Maybe Spanish too. 

I'd LOVE to learn Norwegian and Hawaiian. Both are awesome, and I love them.  :wub:

If I learn Norwegian, I'm moving there. No buts no coconuts. 

• 1 month later...

Well, I was born in America, so naturally I know English. I'm in Spanish classes right now, but I wouldn't call myself fluent yet. I would love to learn a third language, maybe French or Swedish. (Since I'm part Swedish :3)

Edited by ThatAwkwardBookworm

English, Japanese (for vidya/anime/manga) and a little bit of German and French. I want to learn Chinese one day so I can understand what my Chinese uni friends are saying :P.

I speak English and Dutch at the moment and I understand German and French when they're spoken sufficiently clearly, but I'd like to get better at them. Aside from those, I'd also like to learn Japanese because I like manga and anime, Greek because my girlfriend is half-Greek, Spanish just because I can, Swedish because my mom once wanted to learn it, and Quenya and Sindarin just to prove I'm a huge nerd.

In fairness, though, I'll probably only be fluent in the first four and capable of sort of understanding Japanese and Greek. I'm good with languages but I don't have unlimited time and I don't want to learn by immersion. (As in, I'm not going to live in other countries to learn the language.)

Aside from English, I can speak French to an extent and some Japanese.

I don't have an interest in any other language, but I'd like to improve my Japanese.

I'm Australian, so I obviously know English.

I know quite a bit of French and Italian and some Korean.

I want to learn Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic or German next.

I know basic Spanish, but I want to learn Japanese so I can enjoy anime even more, French cause it's cool, and Russian so I can read War and Peace in the original text (maybe then I would actually read it :P )