Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

C++, Javascript (already know a little), Python (same as JS), PHP beyond "pull a thing from a database or put a thing in one".

Also German and Japanese.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I would like to learn Cantonese, the Temple I study Kung Fu at uses it for its language and I thought if I could learn a few phrases I might as well try for a bit more fluency.

As well as Spanish. I've moved to Florida and might move to Texas, so it would be useful to speak arguably the second most widely spoken tongue in my beloved U.S.

I know a spot of French, but I'm quickly forgetting it as I never find any use for it. I would like to learn how to speak Spanish; I usually go to Spain or somewhere near it that also speaks mostly Spanish when I go on vacation. I would love to be able to understand everyone and speak their first language in their own country. Also, I'd understand every menu. :P

I only know English, I am so terrible at learning any other languages and that makes me sad. :c I would love to learn either Swedish, Finnish or German. Those would be awesome to know, German especially because of its relation to English. Language fascinates me.

• Brohoof 1

Fluent in my native English, and I'm roughly decent in German, just need a bigger vocabulary.

The masochist in me wants to continue learning Icelandic. I took a few glances at the grammar, told myself I'll get it when school ends and I can focus :P

Otherwise, Danish, Norwegian, and possibly French.

• Brohoof 1

I know English, Dutch, and some basic French and German.

I'd love to get fluent in German, because I adore the language. But seeing how troublesome grammar and genders are for me, that'll most likely remain but a dream xP

I'm pretty much interested in every language, and the only reason I'm not spending all my time studying languages is because I'd have no real reason to learn them. v.v

• Brohoof 2

I only know English, I am so terrible at learning any other languages and that makes me sad. :c I would love to learn either Swedish, Finnish or German. Those would be awesome to know, German especially because of its relation to English. Language fascinates me.

I'm learning Swedish right now, it's actually not that hard of a language. You will have to get used to some irregularities and pronunciation though, but honestly, those pop up all the time in English.

I know English, Spanish, French, a little Chinese, a little Japanese, and some Indonesian. I am learning Swedish and Portuguese and would like to learn several more.

I mean... I"d like to know every language.. but probably won't end up learning any. Any time I tried to pick up a language my sister would shut me down saying she wanted to learn it first. I: so I just kind of gave up and now I don't care so much anymore. But for a time I really wanted to learn German, and also took Spanish classes.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 years later...

English is my native language, but I also speak German. I speak a decent amount of Mandarin (I can communicate, but I won't be writing novels any time soon), and I know basic (keyword: basic) Italian conjugation and sentence structure. 

• Brohoof 2

I studied French for six years when I was younger though I've forgotten much of what I've learned but I do remember enjoying the experience until around the last year where my attention deviated towards other projects. For two years, I attempted to study Japanese and failed miserably all because of not wanting to work with the rest of the class.

• Brohoof 1