Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

I already know Norwegian since it's my mother's tongue and English. Thinking about learning German since it's a pretty badass language plus it would be useful for if I ever go to any metal festivals there.

• Brohoof 3

English is my primary language. And it's my only one...But I'd love to become multilingual some day and become fluent in other languages.

However, I did learn German in secondary school. I don't remember a lot of it because I hated the class I was in; there were a lot of jerks in that class. But I remember some key words, phrases and sentences. For instance, I can say sentences like "Hallo, mein heiße ist TinyHoofs und ich bin dreiundzwanzig jahre alt."  I'm good with the alphabet, numbers and greetings.

I'm also casually learning Swedish. I really enjoy Germanic languages, if you couldn't tell.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 4

I know English and Cantonese (A dialect of Chinese), some Mandarin (another dialect of Chinese) and I also know very little French, but at least enough to understand some of most French texts I read. I would also love to learn Spanish and Japanese though!  :D

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Learned a good bit of Spanish in high school, and plan eventually on finishing that endeavor. It's very handy to have as a second language in the southern US. If that goes well, I'd love to also learn German or French at some point. Maybe the South American dialect of Portuguese if I ever manage to visit South America.

• Brohoof 1

I know English natively, I know a small amount of Mandarin Chinese, I also know a small amount Russian, I know some French (about a less that 2 year old native who heard the word shit in skill), I know a smaller amount of Arabic, German, like 3 phrases in Dutch, a few phrases in Irish and Scots Gaelic, A few words of Spanish, A few words in Japanese (one word you know I use more often than I breathe is waifu~ and that's Japanese), Persian, a couple of words in Korean (South Korean to be more specific), Old Ponish (if wrote down I can still pronounce) and more I'm probably forgetting.

I'd love to speak Russian, Chinese and Old ponish fluently

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Always learning Swedish. I say this because I start practicing than forget to keep up with it for a few months. So when I start back up it’s like starting all over lol.