Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Favorite Supermarket?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Supermarkets are massive stores of convenience. Containing so many kinds of items in one place is friggin awesome and very nice to find multiple things and buy them in bulk. Many supermarkets also stay open 24/7 which only adds to the extreme convenience provided.

With different choices out there, I want to ask, which is YOUR favorite Supermarket? Could be for any reason.

While my personal favorite has been Walmart simply because they are so common and they can have good deals, one in particular has finally made its way around here, called Meijer. This store is INCREDIBLE. The sheer size of it, the selection the entire food area, the sales, it is awesome. I was amazed how much they had to offer. I really hope to go to this store more. :)

• Brohoof 4

Supervalu. No reason in particular. I just used to work at a Supervalu. I lived off of the stuff there for a long time. I can’t believe myself, but if I could go back to North Dakota right now just to work there, I would.

My co-workers were the nicest, friendliest people ever, the work was enjoyable, it was a really friendly atmosphere. I miss it.

It helped that most of my co-workers were classmates of mine, but the manager and supervisors were chill folks, too. We cooked up pizza in the back on Fridays, we watched TV during our breaks. It was perfect.

Plus, at the near end of days, we just lounged around and talked until we closed for the night. That was probably the most fun job I'll have ever had. I mean, we took our jobs seriously, but we had a lot of fun while working.

They baked me a freaking cake when I left. I miss that job so much. Even the crazy parts, like scrubbing blood off the meat room floor or hauling groceries out in the middle of a snowstorm.

I'll have to go with Target, for many reasons. They're like the only chain around that regularly carries my Dasani Sparkling water (which is my greatest way to get me off of soda). the atmosphere of their stores is always nice and clean, plus they've proven themselves to be a bit more genuinely pro-LGBT than the other chains. I like that.

For me, Wal-Mart as well. There are two that're really close to where I live, and one of them is open 24 hours, which is really convenient. Also, the 24 hour Wal-Mart is a sort of one stop shop for me, as I can groceries, clothes, or shoes if need be!

(edited)

I don't like supermarkets :/. I'd rather buy things (especially food) at more local places and support the owners. Large corporations don't need my money :P

But to answer the question, when I need supplies or anything I can't get at a local store, I usually end up at Target. It's a lot cleaner than Walmart and it often has better quality stuff.

Edited by Woof Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

I like Food Basics the most.  Their prices are reasonable, even though I'm much closer to a Sobey's I'd rather take the bus to Food Basics because what I could buy for 70$ at Sobey's, I could get for 50$ at Food Basics.

Supermarkets are massive stores of convenience. Containing so many kinds of items in one place is friggin awesome and very nice to find multiple things and buy them in bulk. Many supermarkets also stay open 24/7 which only adds to the extreme convenience provided.

With different choices out there, I want to ask, which is YOUR favorite Supermarket? Could be for any reason.

While my personal favorite has been Walmart simply because they are so common and they can have good deals, one in particular has finally made its way around here, called Meijer. This store is INCREDIBLE. The sheer size of it, the selection the entire food area, the sales, it is awesome. I was amazed how much they had to offer. I really hope to go to this store more. :)

I don't really have one. I may be a cashier at Walmart where I am right now, so I know a lot about it already, plus I get a 10% discount on most items cause I work there and have worked there for more than 3 months (This month will me marked 9 months on the 14th, so I am gonna be hitting a year in about 3 months from now) but yeah. I don't have a favorite. But I do know of a lot of ones near me cause people come in and price match from those places. But yeah. Kroger, Walmart, Safeway, and any of those places are good places I'd say.

Costco. Fuck Walmart. 

I'm not spending my money on a shitty supermarket chain that doesn't pay their employees fairly, is willing to use essentially slave labor to get what they want, force their employees to go on food stamps, deliberately break environmental and sanitary requirements...all for "cheaper" products. 

Costco offers reasonable prices while they pay their employees $17/hr on average, allows them to join unions, get worker benefits and a decent amount of vacation days, and tries to be worker-friendly as much as they are consumer-friendly. 

I know where my money is going to.

• Brohoof 1

IGA and Hannaford are my favorite go-to supermarkets

IGA and Hannaford both have great prices, large varieties of products, and their stores are all locally-owned and operated.

I also shop at Walmart (sadly) (I wish we had a Costco or something else here instead)

IGA and Hannaford are my favorite go-to supermarkets

IGA and Hannaford both have great prices, large varieties of products, and their stores are all locally-owned and operated.

I also shop at Walmart (sadly) (I wish we had a Costco or something else here instead)

I don't know about that, Walmart practically kills small business and the livelihood of workers alive, and should be the enemy of both political wings alike since they are the very definition of what the U.S. is against...yet they get away with heinous crimes and get richer off outsourcing and practically slave labor.

My favorite one was Albertson's, but they moved away more than a decade ago. In the '90s, they had a small video game rental section, and the prices were a lot more reasonable than Blockbuster. I used to rent NES and SNES games on weekends. I wish I could still do that. Albertson's also had coloring contests with prizes, which was fun even though I never did win anything.

Nowadays, I just go to Wal-Mart. I'm not particularly fond of them though. They always seem to be out-of-stock of whatever I need at the time.

Walmart is convenient and covers most of the basics, so I'll give it perks for that. But if I want something special, especially food items, I'll go to Trader Joe's for all my gourmet dining needs. :proud:  

• Brohoof 1

Costco. Fuck Walmart

Thank you my good sir! I agree too many bad experiences shopping at wal-mart...

Although where I live I usually go to Harris Teeter or Food Lion.

• 3 years later...

My white girl self really likes Target because there’s a Starbucks in there and I like sipping an iced Starbucks coffee while shopping. :ButtercupLaugh:

But I also like Walmart because every time I walk in one it takes me back to when me and my boyfriend were first dating and we would take trips to Walmart and just walk around the store and talk :,) 

I enjoyed target, they seem to have better exclusives when it comes to Funko pops and SW. I also like King Soopers markets because it has everything. 

On 7/4/2016 at 12:38 PM, Anneal said:

Costco. Fuck Walmart

Costco offers reasonable prices while they pay their employees $17/hr on average, allows them to join unions, get worker benefits and a decent amount of vacation days, and tries to be worker-friendly as much as they are consumer-friendly. 

Costco is great but...

due to hiring too much of their own that they decide to lay us CDS workers off. First they buy us to pay us when our company disown us. Then when they realize they don’t have “enough” money to pay their workers because duhhh they hired too many, so they decided to lay us off who had worked for more than one years. But not the newbie? How fair is that? Let alone since they were paying us they gave their worker a hazard raise but not us. Even though we were getting paid under them. So Fuck Costco too!