Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most unheard of games, that you know?

PonkiePoo

(edited)

Games that you have played, that are unheard of by most, that you enjoy. Games that have been forgotten with time, or games that just never got noticed but are good or enjoyable. 

For me I'd say the game Scaler is pretty well forgotten, a game which I personally do enjoy :3 Scaler.jpg

Edited by Cake?
  • Brohoof 3

Severance: Blade of Darkness.

Amazingly underrated TPP action semi-rpg released in 2001. While the game may be hard, annoying at times and at times seemingly unfair, it's still a wonderful title. The amount of fun I had playing it is insane, no matter the class I took, even though some are much harder than the others.

If anyone's going to try this game, I recommend you to get used to four things:

1. Learning enemy's moves, as without this you won't get far just mindlessly slashing around (trust me).

2. Sometimes annoying jumps/controls

3. Searching for old-school well hidden secrets like weapons or main storyline runes, which will give you a powerful weapon which isn't necessary to finish the game

4. Gore - this one is a real warning. The game doesn't really fool around. As for 2001 production, blood is nearly everywhere, and any fight which you fight with sharp weapons (as there is a distinguish between sharp/blunt ones [one good for armors, other for unarmored enemies]) will usually end up with giant mess on the ground and probably a few dismembered corpses... You've been warned.

04896.jpg

04892.jpg

Recommended, 8/10 from me. If you don't feel like up to the challenge, play Amazon. She's the easiest with her range, AOE attacks and movement speed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One of the best things I've ever bought from a yard sale. Sad,that this game is so obscure.

GPHP52.png

Edited by German Fox
  • Brohoof 1

Legend of Legaia, a PS1 era JRPG no one seems to remember. The combat had you picking fighting inputs like low punch or kick to string together combos, and the magic system had you summoning defeated monsters (known as Seru) to unleash attacks on your enemies.

Games that you have played, that are unheard of by most, that you enjoy. Games that have been forgotten with time, or games that just never got noticed but are good or enjoyable. 

For me I'd say the game Scaler is pretty well forgotten, a game which I personally do enjoy :3 sig-4585768.Scaler.jpg

Dude, I loved Scaler. Never beat it, but it was certainly an interesting game.

• Brohoof 1

Jackass the video game. That game was awesome, but I've never met anyone who has heard of it.

Mount and Blade is another awesome game. I wouldn't say it's an unheard of game, but it's not too well known and I don't meet people who play it very often. It's got a bid cult following.

Hellnight from Konami and Atlus is an almost forgotten First Person Survival Horror Game which i really like, but since it states on Wikipedia that the game got a little following later on, i choose Ghost Vibration.

Ghost Vibration is a Ps 2 Survival Horror ( ??? ) Game in which you try to capture different Ghosts, while exploring an old giant Mansion.

I think the Gameplay is interesting, the Music is awesome and the Story is also creepy and interesting.

I never met a Person who knows this game and the one Person i showed this game, stopped playing very quickly and said it wasnt for him.

So i guess, not only is this Game almost completely forgotten, but i seem to be the only one, who likes this game to. XD

Another almost forgotten game is Extermination, another good Survival Horrorgame on the Ps 2.

Thats all i can think off.

These ones are not that unheard of, but still pretty unpopular/unknown from what I've seen (or rather haven't seen):

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne - This was one of my childhood favorites. You go around doing various missions (action/shooting, puzzle solving or RPG/adventure-ish), upgrade your mech and train/torture your mini-bot assistants. I always found it really fun. :derp:

The Revenge of the Titans - A Tower Defense where you fight hordes of enemies (of course). What I like most about it is the artstyle, it has a neon-retro feel, and the music is pretty great too! They're all remixes of classical tracks, like Holst's Mars. :D

Droid Assault - You are a "virus" of sorts that takes control of enemy droids, you can have a group of 'em but can only directly control one at a time. Rather short but pretty fun, has a very similar artstyle to Revenge of the Titans, it's made by the same devs. :P

• Brohoof 1

Yay, I get to be the douchehat who's heard of or played all of the games in this topic.

Except Scaler. :okiedokieloki: You win this time, Cake.

Here's a couple from me:

Heart%20of%20darkness%201.jpg

Growlanser_Generations_Coverart.png

PS1_AMAZING_VIRTUAL_SEA-MONKEYS.jpg

• Brohoof 2

The Super Robot Wars series, seriously underrated strategy game. Still being release today, here's the newest PS4 game

SRW-1.jpg

(Super Robot Wars OG The Moon Dwellers)

The japanese version has been released but not english yet sigh

(edited)

I don't know exactly how popular it is outside of my home town but there's a strategy game called "Resonance of Fate." That no one seems to know

It is a small but pretty inventive turn based strategy game developed by SEGA saying they wanted to build a JRPG style game that used guns and grenades instead of the classic swords and magic. While I don't think it's widely known world wide I always find it strange that I get confused looks from friends when I mention it.

Edited by Famine
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's probably not as unheard of as I think it is, but I haven't heard ANYONE outside of the niche gaming community even recognize it.

94034-world-in-conflict-windows-front-co

Afaik, it was the first RTS that took place in "modern" times, if 1989 counts as modern times.  It was also pretty revolutionary in that it didn't involve base building, the mechanic of calling in off-map fire support like artillery and air strikes, and what I like to think is the most badass nuke I have ever seen in any game.

Edited by Hazard Time

Not sure if these four count,but I never see anybody speak of them. So.

Battle for Bikini Bottom. Spongebob: The Movie Game.

GQPP78.png

The-Spongebob-Squarepants-Movie-Ntsc-Fro

Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies.

jimmy-neutron-attack-of-the-twonkies-pla

Wrestlemania XIX. I can honestly say that this is the best wrestling game ever.

GW9P78.png?1353009502

Couple of games I liked, that not many knew about/liked.

Stubbs The Zombie.

Xbox Exclusive (and a hard to find game) Made with the Halo Engine.

Stubbsbox.jpg

Hover

. I forget how I got it, but I htink it either came with Windows 98 or with some bundled software.

Hover.png

Lastly "Marble Drop" It was a puzzle type game based off hte usage of marbles, with various elements to it...Such as melting the marbles, teleporting them, changing them colours...freezing them...

250px-MarbleDropCover.JPG

• Brohoof 1

Kya: Dark Lineage, i loved this game when i played it at my cousin's and i only recently re-discovered it after a hike through the internet, i need to buy a new PS2 before i can start playing again but from what i remember this is in my 10 time most fun games i've played, ever.

post-34501-0-70936400-1468039218.jpg

I've never played it myself. Only watched a let's playIllbleed%20(AIA)%20%5BNTSC-U%5D.jpg

You turn people into zombies and have them do your bidding as you get revenge.
UndeadKnightsUK.jpg

Very strange Japanese exclusive PS1 game. Sort of a pinball game with grotesque elements

paranoiascape.png

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Pandora's Tower

Gunstar Super Heroes

Story of Seasons/Rune Factory

Mystical Ninja games

I play quite a few niche games,but these are the ones that I'm saddest no one really talks about :wacko: