Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What was the first video game you played?

Member Berry

Ever since I was in preschool, me and my big sister would come home from school every day and after we finished our homework we'd get on the old computer and play The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body together. We'd take turns on all the activities in the game and try beating each other's high scores in the mini games. It was a lot of fun.

I still cry when I think about my big sister today.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh wow, I just remembered playing Frogger on my dad's old Commodore 64 when I was about four or five  :P They were the days.

Nostalgia!

Edited by Kayleigh
  • Brohoof 1

This is actually so very difficult for me to remember. I think it would have been a game on the NES, probably being Super Mario Bros., but I cannot be for sure, so that will be my guess. That is definitely one of the earliest games I ever played.

Aw, did anybody here play this?

That was my first PS1 game <3

While that game has not aged well at all these days, back then, I was obseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessed. Friggin' loved it. Still love it today purely on nostalgia.

• Brohoof 2

This is actually so very difficult for me to remember. I think it would have been a game on the NES, probably being Super Mario Bros., but I cannot be for sure, so that will be my guess. That is definitely one of the earliest games I ever played.

While that game has not aged well at all these days, back then, I was obseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessed. Friggin' loved it. Still love it today purely on nostalgia.

LOL I know. I thought the graphics were bad then tbh.

Pokemon Leaf Green.

I have many fond memories of it.

Despite how in every single Pokemon game I ever play, I start with the water types, I ended up starting with Bulbasaur the very first time I played the game, but I restarted and got Squirtle a little later.

Oh wow, I just remembered playing Frogger on my dad's old Commodore 64 when I was about four or five  :P They were the days.

Breadbox buddy!

Gridder here. I remember playing it with my dad.

• Brohoof 1

My first video game is Shrek Super Party and it is a terrible game, IGN rated it a 3/10 which is about as bad as the CD-i games. But that does not matter to me. When I was a toddler, I loved Shrek. Shrek was my favorite thing ever, I really enjoyed the movies and the shovelware games. My favorite games were Shrek Super Party and Shrek Smash 'n' Crash Racing, but I'm sure SSP was the first one I played. I enjoyed it as a kid and my liking for the game has stuck with me forever. I now have Shrek Super Party on my GameCube and almost every time I pick Donkey.

I think Microsoft Train Simulator was my first game I ever played.  I must of been about 5 when I first tried it.  Strange game for a 5 year old to play and enjoy.  

The very first games I played were Spyro the Dragon & Red Alert 2, my mom taught me how to play the former and then some time later my dad taught me how to play the latter. Been 16 years but I'm still playing these games to this day. :derp:

Crash Bandicoot was one of my firsts too, though that wasn't until later on.

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario World for the SNES. Still my favorite game in the series.

I love that game, my favorite Mario game too! :D

And the first I remember playing was Kids on Keys on the Commodore 64. I'm old school. :P

• Brohoof 2