Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What was the first video game you played?

Member Berry

If I remember correctly, it was Spyro: Year of the Dragon. I loved that game but it was a bit of shame that I could only play it during summer holidays since the console was located in our summer cottage.  :wau:

I remember when I was five years old...

StarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg

Oh my LORD, was this game the shit! I actually bought it twice; it was reaLLY that good! 

(edited)

I'm pretty sure it was Super Mario Galaxy. Or Mario Kart Wii. (I played them at a clubhouse... I think.)

Wow. That made me feel super old :P I bought Super Mario Galaxy when I was 17.

Edited by Kayleigh

Well, my dad was a Flash programmer back in the day, so we had a lot of homemade video games. There was one that was about two planes dogfighting, one about two starships dogfighting, a baseball game, a few puzzle games, a tic-tac-toe game... yeah.

The first non-Flash video game I played was Donkey Kong... the original arcade game. I also enjoyed such classics as Qix, Space Invaders, Asteroids, and finally (in 2006) Pac-Man.

Yep, I was LONG behind the times.

• Brohoof 1

My first game ever was Pokémon Yellow, but I was to young to actually know what I was doing, so the first game that I played while knowing what I was doing was Jak & Dexter, which is now one of my favorite games of all time. Or it might have been Sly Cooper, and the Thevious Racoonous, another very good game.

Super Mario Bros. Without it, gaming as we know it wouldn't exist.

sig-4587282.Super_Mario_Bros_NA.png

I've started playing at 4 yrs old on my mom's NES, but can't remember which game I've played first :huh:. I'm pretty sure it was either this, or SMB3, those were my favorite 

• 2 weeks later...

It may seem weird but my first was Tennis on the ancient Telstar system (which is the same as Pong, if you've even heard of that). My dad had an old Telstar system from back in the late '70s and I used to play it when I was little and didn't even know much about videogames. The game consisted of two little white paddles on screen that bopped a little white dot from one side to the other. It wasn't fancy but as a very small child I liked it. I still have a funny nostalgia for it. 

I grew up with so many of my dad's games and recorded TV shows I sometimes feel more like a child of his generation than of mine. It's cool though. I like having multiple perspectives.  :P

I seem to remember my first game being Lego Racer on the PS1 when I was like 3 or 4... That game brings back some awesome memories  :-P

• 3 weeks later...